What Are Methods for Smoke Remediation and Odor Removal in Bermuda Run?
After you experience a fire disaster, Call our experts at (336) 677-1415, we have the training and experience your home needs after a fire occurs.
Bermuda Run Homes Can Benefit From Thorough Deodorization Practices After a Fire.
While soot removal and content cleaning are both vital elements of house fire clean up, fire damage can also require deodorization and smoke odor removal. Smoke remediation of fire damage can involve multiple tools and practices by our Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) accredited by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC.) Our professionals can help with:
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
What Tools Are Necessary for Smoke Remediation and Fire Odor Removal?
Choosing the right tool for the smoke odor present in a Bermuda Run house after extinguishment is critical to getting the task done efficiently. Our SERVPRO team recognizes that the effectiveness of deodorization practices changes with varying conditions, so multiple instruments and devices are often needed after fire damage to remove lingering noxious smells. Some of the most common of these include:
- Thermal/ULV Foggers – Fire damage like strong smoke odors after combustion often can get mostly quelled and neutralized with the production of mobile thermal foggers and ULV units. These superheat or cool deodorization products into a mist or vapor for broad coverage and penetration into porous materials that can trap smoke.
- Hydroxyl Generators – Unlike neutralizing odors, hydroxyl machines eliminate standing smells in your home by pulling away hydrogen atoms and dismantling the chemical compounds that make up harsh odors. Using UV radiation, these tools can both clean environments and deodorize.
- Ozone Machines – By creating a chemical compound known as ozone, these machines send these unstable molecular structures into the damaged environment with the understanding that smoke odors can molecularly bond with these compounds. Once this chemical process occurs, the new compound is odorless and neutralized.
- HEPA Filtration Air Scrubbers – These are more of an honorable mention to the line of deodorization products and instruments available to our FSRT professionals. HEPA products are capable of capturing microscopic particles circulating in the environment, which can dramatically impact the smoke odor severity and the ease of fire damage and smoke remediation.
Are Other Actions Necessary for Fire Damage Smoke Remediation in Bermuda Run?
Fire damage often requires several layers of recovery to thoroughly remove, especially with soil elimination and replacing affected materials in fire damaged homes. With a general contractor license, we provide numerous services to overcome persistent odor concerns, such as controlled demolition and smoke odor removal with the reinstallation of building materials. Our license allows us to be a one-stop-shop for your fire damage recovery and restoration, including any build back or reconstruction that might be required.
Because fire damage can happen from so many possible sources, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team must be prepared for a wide range of potentially damaging effects. With leading equipment and experienced professionals, we can help. Call us today at (336) 677-1415.
Why Is SERVPRO Better at Handling Mold Damage than Other Services in Advance?
Do you see or smell the mold first? Team SERVPRO has sensors to root out the cause of the mold damage on your property.
Our Cutting Edge Equipment Enables Us to Remediate Mold Damage More Effectively
When you notice residential mold, you need help from a quality service like SERVPRO. We have the tools to quickly and effectively deal with the problem, minimizing potential damage and repair expenses.
It is important to remember that not all Advance area mold damage cleanup companies are equally capable of handling your job. Some services simply do not have the right equipment to clean up and restore your home’s particular damage. This, fortunately, is not an issue for SERVPRO. Our highly-trained technicians are equipped with the following state-of-the-art remediation tools:
- Moisture sensors and meters to identify materials impacted by excess moisture
- Infrared cameras that can locate water sources behind structural elements
- Air scrubbers to remove mold spores and their byproducts from the air
- Ozone generators that kill germs, clean the air, and eliminate odors
- Air movers, dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems to circulate and dry interior air
- Foggers that treat impact materials with EPA-approved antifungals and deodorants
So, if you ever need assistance remediating mold damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
How Can You Protect Yourself from the Worst Flood Damage?
Leaks have you cringing? One call to SERVPRO gets you both knowledgeable technicians and powerful equipment to remediate flood damage.
In Advance, There Are Some Simple Ways You Can Avoid the Worst Flood-Related Issues
Torrential rains and flooding tend to strike Advance in the spring and summer months. Fortunately, several things can be done to prepare for and protect your home from these annual natural threats.
Advance flood damage cleanup and restoration services like SERVPRO know some crucial measures local homeowners can take to protect their property from flooding. In order to help our neighbors avoid as much potential flood damage as possible, we suggest that they take the following precautions before major storms arrive:
- Look for and repair all roof leaks, foundation cracks, and any other damage that could allow floodwaters to enter the residence
- Clean out gutters and ensure the drainage system is in good working order
- Sandbag the perimeter around the house so that it is more difficult for floodwaters to come near the residence
- Turn off electric, gas, and water utilities before vacating to prevent potential fires, explosions, or additional water problems
With all that said, if floods impact your home, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 to clean up the flood damage.
Water Removal and Restoration of Furniture Manufactured in Advance
Are you plagued by water damage issues? Contact SERVPRO 24/7 365 days a year for water removal and remediation.
Advance’s Economy Has Benefited Greatly from Nearby High Point’s Furniture Industry
North Carolina is widely known as a center for the production and marketing of high-quality furniture. The state’s long and storied history in the furniture industry dates back to the 1600s, long before the United States or SERVPRO were even established. This reputation has especially defined the area around High Point, the trade’s historical hub, in which the city of Advance is located. As the industry developed and expanded, it eventually became a major regional employer and economic contributor. It also garnered international prestige.
A Long and Storied Furniture-Producing History
During its early days as an English colony in the 1600s, the province attracted numerous artisans skilled in making functional furnishings. Following the American Civil War, tradesmen and the furniture businesses they fostered began to locate just outside Advance, around High Point, for the following reasons:
- The agricultural depression of the 1890s caused displaced farmworkers to migrate to cities in search of industrial jobs
- The city was located in an area with easy access to the dense hardwood forests of central and western North Carolina
- Its location at the junction of the main state road and the railroad made it an ideal place to bring in raw materials and ship out finished products
The first furniture manufacturer to locate in the Advance area, the High Point Furniture Manufacturing Company, did so in 1889. By 1900, there were over forty furniture producers near the small community. In 1909, all this development encouraged the start of the High Point Market, currently the world’s largest home furnishings trade show. With a larger population and a bustling economy came the need for more water, and with that, more water damaging events to properties.
An Economic Powerhouse
Modern facts concerning furniture production in the Advance area are astounding. The following information showcases just how important this business has been for North Carolina:
- After WWII, nearly 60% of all furniture made in America came from within a 150-mile radius of Advance
- In the 1980s High Point became known as “The Furniture Capital of the World”
- In the early 2000s, the state had more than 600 furniture manufacturers, produced $6 billion in products per year, and employed about 70,000 people
- A 2018 Duke University study found that the High Point Market added approximately $6.7 billion to the local economy
As you can clearly see, furnishings can be quite pricey. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 whenever you need water removal services to protect these expensive possessions.
Why is SERVPRO So Effective at Removing Water from Your Advance Residence?
As experts know, it takes the right gear to achieve the best water removal results. This is why our skilled technicians always carry with them an arsenal of high-tech equipment. These tools, among other things, include:
- Moisture sensors/meters, thermohygrometers, and infrared cameras
- High-powered wet vacs and extractors
- Air movers and dehumidifiers
- Injectidry systems
- ULV and thermal foggers
Using everything at our disposal, we are often able to resolve big problems faster. This saves you both time and money, and keeps you from having to purchase new furniture!
With that said, SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is always here and ready to assist you with all of your water removal needs. Call us anytime at (336) 677-1415.
What Happens if Your Belongings Need Moving after Flood Damage?
After your home suffers flood damage, you need a team of professionals to assist you with cleanup. Call SERVPRO right away! We are always available.
SERVPRO Takes Care of all Belongings in Your Advance Home
A flood can strike quickly and wreak havoc in your home. If you are unfortunate enough to see significant flood damage in your house, you might find yourself wondering what will become of your belongings. After all, if considerable cleaning is necessary, it is not easy to clean around the furniture and other items.
If you require flood damage help in Advance, SERVPRO will take care of everything – including moving your items to a secure location. When we visit your home, we will assess the situation and advise you on whether a move-out is necessary. If we need to move your contents, we will:
- Take a thorough inventory of everything we move.
- Co-ordinate the entire removals process, so there is less stress on you.
- Ensure all items are secured well to prevent damage.
- Use the inventory to ensure every item is returned to you.
- If your belongings need cleaning, we will take care of that either before we move them or while they are being stored at our facility.
For help with flood damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
The Difference Between Structure and Contents in Fire Damage Restoration
Our fire damage experts can have your home back to its original state, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Helps With Both Types Of Cleaning In Bermuda Run
When it comes to fire damage, your insurance company will most likely make a distinction between “structure” cleaning and “contents” cleaning.
After fire damage in your Bermuda Run home, SERVPRO can tackle both structure and contents cleaning. Structure cleaning means taking care of everything that is a fixed part of your home, including:
- Walls and floors
- Doors and windows
- Bath fixtures and HVAC systems
Cleaning the structure means brushing and vacuuming away soot residue, cleaning stubborn smoke stains, and deodorizing your home to eliminate smoke odors. We also get rid of structural materials that are damaged beyond repair and oversee their replacement.
Contents cleaning means everything in your home that is not part of the structure. This includes furniture, toys, kitchen utensils, clothes, and linens. Sometimes we move contents to an undamaged part of your home to clean them, and sometimes we send them to our facility for specialist treatment. We aim to return as much as possible to a preloss condition.
For help cleaning your home and its contents after fire damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Do You Need Help With Water Removal In Advance?
SERVPRO works to provide Fast and Efficient Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration to your Commercial Property.
SERVPRO Provides Fast Water Removal Round The Clock
Advance is a small community in North Carolina. With a population of just 1,138, Advance is the ideal place to escape the city's hustle and bustle and enjoy a quieter pace of life. Advance is located on North Carolina Highway 801, close to the Yadkin River. No one is quite certain where it got its unusual name. Some claim residents named the town for Samuel Vance Allen, a prominent townsperson and freed slave. Others say townsfolk called it "Advance" when the post office was added because they hoped it would literally advance the town's fortunes.
Whatever the reason for its name, Advance is undoubtedly advanced enough to not want for any amenities! The town boasts several churches and schools, and even a masonic lodge. It also has two properties on the National Register of Historic Places. Fulton United Methodist Church is a historic church that is just one story tall. The church, built-in 1888, features a pointed arched window. The John Edward Belle Shutt House and Outbuildings were built in 1885 and are a fascinating example of a preserved historic home and outbuilding complex. The site includes a granary, privy, woodshed, and smokehouse.
Staying Active In Advance
Being small and semi-rural means Advance offers plenty of opportunities to get outside and stay active! If you are visiting with the family and looking for some fun and active things to do, be sure to check out:
- Tanglewood Park is a large, lush park that offers plenty of green space and a break away from the rest of the world. For a small fee of $2, you can park nearby and explore at your own pace. You will find a dog park, walking trails, horseback riding, camping, and even a children's butterfly garden. There are also events at the park throughout the year, including a festive light show.
- Jonesville Kayak and Tube rentals are fun for all the family! Ages from eight to eighty will love tubing on the nearby Yadkin River – you can even rent tandem tubes for couples or kids who need support. Friendly staff are on hand to advise at all times.
- Skateland USA of Clemmons is ideal if the weather turns and you want to get indoors. The skating rink features a sound system for that fun atmosphere, and there are arcade games and a snack bar to hand. You can even rent it for your kid's next birthday party.
SERVPRO Provides Water Removal Help When You Need It
When you need water removal, it is essential that you do not delay calling for help. Even a small spill can cause problems if left long enough. Water can:
- Stain walls, ceilings, and delicate upholstery.
- Provide a breeding ground for fungal growth.
- Cause wood furniture or floorboards to swell and warp.
- Make wallpaper peel away and even get into the insulation inside the wall.
SERVPRO is here for you round the clock. We will call you back within an hour of your first call and arrive at your home within four hours. Our teams come prepared to assess the situation with water and humidity monitoring tools and start the remediation process as soon as possible.
For fast help with water removal, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Local Favorite Snooks BBQ Re-Opens for Residents of Advance
If you are looking for a delicious meal, look no further. Try out Snooks BBQ in Advance.
Snooks BBQ is an Advance Institution that is Reopening in January
North Carolina's hottest barbecue joint is finally reopening this January after a stint of virus-enforced closures. The smoke-house bbq restaurant offers a simple menu of chops, ribs, and corn nuggets, among other delicious meals cooked in an outdoor fire pit for several hours each day. This venue serves up Lexington-style bbq food in a homely environment that has delighted locals of Advance for years. The quaint, cozy, and inviting atmosphere and the reasonable prices has allowed it to continue as a local institution. The smoke-house also serves excellent deli sandwiches alongside their famous bbq sauce, which can be brought by the bottle. While the new menu is slightly reduced, the small back room is sure to fill up quickly from January onwards.
- Enjoy traditional, Lexington-style bbq in a homely atmosphere
- Reasonable pricing, as well as an eat-in area around the back
- Plate lunches and deli sandwiches are served throughout the day.
The buildup of mold in your home or even a bbq joint can quickly damage structural materials or belongings. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for assistance from an expert remediator.
Tour the World-famous Yadkin Valley Wineries with Guidance from Bermuda Run Experts
Enjoy an evening of wine tasting with friends as SERVPRO handles water clean up on your property. Leaving it "Like it never even happened."
Yadkin Valley Wine Tours Take Guests from Bermuda Run to the Finest Tasting Rooms in the Area
North Carolina has a burgeoning reputation as one of the finest new-world wine producers. These wines are influenced by the diverse soil composition and terrains found around Bermuda Run, which is refined in the European style before shipping across the United States and worldwide. Yadkin Valley is an especially popular region, and wine-tasting tours are taking place throughout January. Perfect for group events, dates, or tourism, the tours take you directly into some of Bermuda Run's excellent wineries. Enjoy food and drinks while receiving an education on the history of the surrounding vineyards and the process of creating world-renowned wines.
- Organization and bookings are completed online with space available for larger groups or birthdays.
- Safe social distancing is applied to ensure everyone enjoys a secure experience
- Tour guides have worked with wineries for decades and can provide informative tours with a fun touch.
Contaminated water can make your home an unsanitary and unsafe environment. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Restore your Mocksville Home After Fire Using Professional Technicians
You can depend on our SERVPRO teams to cleanup and restore your property and personal belongings after a fire takes place.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Recover Burnt Belongings and Structure after a Property Fire
Mocksville is a small residential town in the Davie County region of North Carolina. While it is home to a few residents, some 5,051, there is a well-storied history behind Mocksville with over 13 sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of these buildings are preserved as examples of nineteenth and early twentieth-century architecture, although the town's founding as a settlement pre-dates the revolutionary war. The earliest records of settlers in Davie County date back to the mid-eighteenth century with several Dutch and British colonists who traveled down from the Yadkin River. Mocks Old Field is one of the earliest dated townships in the area, which was renamed Mocksville by the early nineteenth century. Davie's wider county is named after William R. Davie, who was an influential general during the revolutionary war. Despite its relatively small populace, the town has been home to key historical figures like explorer Daniel Boone and Hinton Rowan Helper, author of the abolitionist text, The Impending Crisis. As well as historical figures, Mocksville and Davie County have produced sportsmen such as Caleb and Cody Martin of the NBA, NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer, and Major League Baseball player Whit Merrifield.
Modern-day Mocksville has been the center of historical preservation by taking part in the Main Street Program, an initiative designed to preserve the architecture of smaller, historic downtowns. There is a strong current of independent shops, crafts, and stores that line the downtown and delicious restaurants that are hidden gems for residents. The varied terrain and agreeable climate have seen Mocksville, and broader North Carolina, become a wine destination with various New World vineyards dotted across the land and the coast. There are over 185 wineries and 525 vineyards in this region of the United States. These include American Viticultural Areas (AVAs), which have unique soil properties, climates, and elevations that produce world-class wine-making grapes. Equally, there are Piedmont, coastal wines, and mountain wines within this diverse ecological area. If you are passing through Mocksville, a trip to the local vineyards offers a pretense free tasting tour of the local grapes and education on how wine-making techniques are developed and the properties that go into producing good grapes. Mocksville is home to many wineries that are more than happy to share their excellent product via tasting sessions.
- The RayLen Vineyards are a must-see spot in Mocksville that sits just off US Highway 158. The expansive vineyards house 35,000 grape vines that use traditional European grapes combined with the unique climate and soil structure of North Carolina. Part of the Yadkin Valley Appellation, the wine-tasting rooms are a fantastic opportunity to sample award-winning wines curated by vintner Steve Shepard. Frequent guest tours include a wine and chocolate tasting session and occasional live music.
- History buffs can enjoy The Davie County Courthouse, which was initially opened in 1909 and is a fine example of neo-classical architecture. The nearby former Davie County Jail is also listed among the register of historic places with its own 1839 architecture built around the same time as the town was incorporated into the United States. The Joppa Cemetary has the final resting place of many of the Boone family and is one of the oldest burial grounds in Davie County.
- Pudding Ridge on Cornwallis Drive is a quaint golf course that makes the most of the surrounding natural beauty. The course itself is relatively short, with a quick pace between holes that make it well-suited to all skill levels. The fun courses are designed with affordability in mind while the course has been awarded best venue in Davie County in the recent past. Current social distancing measures are in place for all players.
Eating out and places to stay in Mocksville, Davie County.
While still a residential area, Mocksville does cater to passing trade, especially those looking to sample produce from the nearby vineyards, with a selection of homely hotels and restaurants. In recent years a plethora of Asian sushi restaurants has proved a welcome addition with tourists and residents.
- The Boxwood Estate on Becktown Road is a period building that is ideally suited to weddings and events. Tourists to the area can make fair use of the guest rooms, while communal areas include a library dining room, sitting room, and 51-acres of grounds. Becktown road is just fifteen minutes away from some of the local vineyards.
- Ketchie Creek Bakery on Valley Road is a lovely, independent cafe and bakery that serves a range of delicious cakes, baked goods, and cookies. The popular lunchtime venue has an in-house deli that sources produce from the surrounding fields and an outdoor patio that opens during the summer.
- Restaurant 101 is a highlight of Mocksville's historic downtown area. Situated on North Main Street, the casual dining experience is incredibly popular with the locals, and finding a table on the weekend may be a tough ask. The excellent selection of crab, steaks, and wings is the perfect complement to a warm atmosphere.
Recovering your Mocksville Home Requires Professional Technicians, SERVPRO Can Help
Fires can have a lasting impact on your home. The spreading of smoke throughout a property during a fire can lead to the blackening of walls and ceilings. Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems can also be adversely affected by a property fire. The longer your home is exposed to the effects of smoke, the more likely it is to suffer permanent damage. SERVPRO is a restoration service that specializes in odor control, soot removal, and contents cleaning. Our staff live and work in the Mocksville area, which gives us experience working with local insurance adjusters and subcontractors. We can quickly assess the state of your home and put in place a solid plan of action to return it to a preloss condition. Using state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and techniques, our technicians can provide a convenient and cost-effective solution to fire-related damages.
- We use powerful thermal fogging equipment to fumigate your property and eliminate unpleasant burning or smoke odors.
- By working together, our team can quickly identify and restore items while removing non-salvageable debris and disposing of it professionally.
- Using a range of testing methods, we can determine the type of soil in your home and the most effective remedy.
If your home falls foul of a fire-incident, contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.