Recent Fire Damage Posts
Only YOU - & SERVPRO - Can Prevent Wildfires
Locally owned SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties has proudly served the western piedmont area since 2011- ensuring our team’s familiarity with the nuances of emergency services specific to rural communities. Our two territories are home to over 1,000 of North Carolina’s farms- many of which are preparing for this season’s fall harvest.
The cooler and drier fall weather sets in as farmers work to reap the rewards of their growing season. This busy time, accompanied by the drier weather conditions, can often leave crops, animals, homes and hard-earned livelihoods susceptible to fires if not addressed properly.
Although most commonly associated with the western part of the country, North Carolina is home to its own fair share of wildfires that have long been a dominant driver of changes to the state’s landscape.
Resist Wildfire NC states that it’s not a matter of "if” a wildfire will occur in North Carolina, but "when.” Surprisingly, North Carolina ranks high on the Wildland/Urban Interface (WUI), which is defined as the area where homes and communities meet or intermingle with undeveloped wildland vegetation. Wildfires that occur within the WUI can be extremely dangerous and destructive to lives and property.
North Carolina is…
- #1 in the nation for amount of acres within the WUI (40% of NC land)
- #4 in the nation for number of homes in the WUI (52% of NC homes)
- #4 in the nation for the number of people in the WUI (over 50% of NC homes)
North Carolina’s WUI index ranking means that home and land owners must take the initiative in working to protect their property and neighborhoods before a wildfire occurs.
To combat this risk, SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties is ready to assist all Davie and Yadkin county residents with comprehensive fire damage mitigation and recovery this fall.
Check out the following tips, links and resources to protect your home and property during the 2021 wild-fire season:
- Clear: Clear pine needles, dead leaves, and anything else that can burn from your rooflines, gutters, decks, porches, patios and along fence lines. Falling embers will have nothing to burn.
- Store Away: Store away furniture cushions, rattan mats, potted plants and other decorations from doors, decks, porches, and patios. These items catch embers and help ignite your home if you leave them outside.
- Screen & Seal: Wind-blown embers can get into homes easily through vents and other openings and burn the home from the inside out. Walk around your house to see what openings you can screen or temporarily seal up.
- Rake: Embers that land in mulch that touches your house, deck, or fence is a big fire hazard. Rake out any landscaping mulch to at least 5 feet away.
- Trim: Trim back any shrubs or tree branches that come closer than five feet to your house, in addition to any overhanging branches.
- Remove: Walk around your house and remove anything within 30 feet that could burn, such as woodpiles, spare lumber, vehicles, and boats – anything that can act as a large source of fuel.
- Close: If ordered to evacuate, make sure all windows and doors are closed tightly and seal up any pet doors. Many homes are destroyed by embers entering these openings and burning the house from the inside out.
- This document provides a comprehensive self led assessment of your home’s fire risk rating, providing home and land owners with a final score indicative of their property’s risk of fire susceptibility, ranging from low to extreme risk.
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties has successfully assisted hundreds of North Carolina home and land owners in fire damage mitigation, restoration and disaster recovery since their opening in 2011. If you are interested in updating your disaster mitigation efforts, SERVPRO of D&Y’s trained staff is here to help- available 24/7.
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at 336-677-1415, or SERVPRO9942@yahoo.com.
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties is a locally owned and family operated restoration franchise, proudly serving over 83,000 North Carolinians across the piedmont. SERVPRO has positioned itself as the preferred restoration vendor for many national and local insurance companies, and our central NC location truly upholds this standard.
The SERVPRO D&Y team collectively hold over 20 industry certifications, making them a trusted local leader in water, fire, storm, mold remediation, as well as COVID-19 cleaning protocol.
Fire Damage Mitigation is Best Left to Trained Professionals in Advance
After a fire incident takes place. You can trust that your home is in good hands with the experienced technicians at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Takes the Stress and Worry Out of Fire Damage Clean Up – Call Us First if You Have a Fire in Your Advance Home!
The fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) from SERVPRO are trained via the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We know what it takes for cleaning fire damaged homes so that your Advance property gets restored to pre-fire condition. Our Green Fleet arrives within hours of your call so that we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Fire damage in Advance means taking a multi-faceted approach to get our customers the best results possible. Every situation is unique, so we craft a tailored plan to help us achieve our goals in the most efficient manner. However, SERVPRO has several steps that we always follow in any water & fire damage restorations.
Our Basic Fire Mitigation Steps Include:
- Determining structural safety
- Boarding up of windows and tarping roofing, if needed
- Water extraction to handle any moisture left during the extinguishing of flames
- Mucking out, as needed
- Thorough drying
- Repair and replacement of flooring, subfloor, sheetrock, and other building materials using controlled demolition – Residential contractor license #: NC 26671
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing with EPA-approved products
- HVAC system cleaning
SERVPRO Lessens the Stress
You have a lot to think about after such an emergency, and house fire clean up should not be one of them. We take the time to not only restore your home, but are also ready to ensure your insurance claim paperwork gets handled accordingly.
Fire damage restoration with SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties gives you peace of mind and excellent results. Call us 24/7 for emergency response at (336) 677-1415.
Do Advance Homes Require Professional Fire Damage Restoration Services?
Kitchen fire in your home is no easy task. SERVPRO uses the latest technology and techniques no matter the size of fire damage.
SERVPRO Can Help Advance Residents in Fire Damage Mitigation of Their Homes
Restoring contents after a fire damage incidence to your Advance home is a less expensive option than replacing them. SERVPRO experts use various cleaning techniques to restore walls, ceilings, upholstery, or any other article damaged in the fire. Our technicians have extensive experience dealing with fire and smoke damage cleanup in Advance.
SERVPRO technicians can offer the best fire damage restoration service to Advance residents if they can reach the property early. The more time the soot and residue are in contact with the surfaces, the harder it gets to clean them.
What Techniques do SERVPRO Restorers use During House Fire Cleanup in Advance?
SERVPRO experts use multiple techniques during fire and smoke damage restoration of your Advance home.
- Dry cleaning- Done using feather dusters and cleaning cloths, is suitable to clean light and non-greasy residue left after fast-burning oxygen-rich fires.
- Wet cleaning- involves the use of water with or without a cleaning agent and SERVPRO technicians use it to clean moderate to heavy, greasy residue in fire-damaged homes.
- Spray and Wipe cleaning- Used in case of moisture-sensitive surfaces covered with moderate and greasy soot. Restorers use a spray bottle to spray the cleaning liquid and wipe it with a cloth.
- Abrasive cleaning- Experts use this only if the residue is too tough to remove. They use a scrub to agitate the particles and remove them without damaging the surface underneath.
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415. We are available whenever you need us.
What Are Methods for Smoke Remediation and Odor Removal in Bermuda Run?
After you experience a fire disaster, Call our experts at (336) 677-1415, we have the training and experience your home needs after a fire occurs.
Bermuda Run Homes Can Benefit From Thorough Deodorization Practices After a Fire.
While soot removal and content cleaning are both vital elements of house fire clean up, fire damage can also require deodorization and smoke odor removal. Smoke remediation of fire damage can involve multiple tools and practices by our Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) accredited by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC.) Our professionals can help with:
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
What Tools Are Necessary for Smoke Remediation and Fire Odor Removal?
Choosing the right tool for the smoke odor present in a Bermuda Run house after extinguishment is critical to getting the task done efficiently. Our SERVPRO team recognizes that the effectiveness of deodorization practices changes with varying conditions, so multiple instruments and devices are often needed after fire damage to remove lingering noxious smells. Some of the most common of these include:
- Thermal/ULV Foggers – Fire damage like strong smoke odors after combustion often can get mostly quelled and neutralized with the production of mobile thermal foggers and ULV units. These superheat or cool deodorization products into a mist or vapor for broad coverage and penetration into porous materials that can trap smoke.
- Hydroxyl Generators – Unlike neutralizing odors, hydroxyl machines eliminate standing smells in your home by pulling away hydrogen atoms and dismantling the chemical compounds that make up harsh odors. Using UV radiation, these tools can both clean environments and deodorize.
- Ozone Machines – By creating a chemical compound known as ozone, these machines send these unstable molecular structures into the damaged environment with the understanding that smoke odors can molecularly bond with these compounds. Once this chemical process occurs, the new compound is odorless and neutralized.
- HEPA Filtration Air Scrubbers – These are more of an honorable mention to the line of deodorization products and instruments available to our FSRT professionals. HEPA products are capable of capturing microscopic particles circulating in the environment, which can dramatically impact the smoke odor severity and the ease of fire damage and smoke remediation.
Are Other Actions Necessary for Fire Damage Smoke Remediation in Bermuda Run?
Fire damage often requires several layers of recovery to thoroughly remove, especially with soil elimination and replacing affected materials in fire damaged homes. With a general contractor license, we provide numerous services to overcome persistent odor concerns, such as controlled demolition and smoke odor removal with the reinstallation of building materials. Our license allows us to be a one-stop-shop for your fire damage recovery and restoration, including any build back or reconstruction that might be required.
Because fire damage can happen from so many possible sources, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team must be prepared for a wide range of potentially damaging effects. With leading equipment and experienced professionals, we can help. Call us today at (336) 677-1415.
The Difference Between Structure and Contents in Fire Damage Restoration
Our fire damage experts can have your home back to its original state, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Helps With Both Types Of Cleaning In Bermuda Run
When it comes to fire damage, your insurance company will most likely make a distinction between “structure” cleaning and “contents” cleaning.
After fire damage in your Bermuda Run home, SERVPRO can tackle both structure and contents cleaning. Structure cleaning means taking care of everything that is a fixed part of your home, including:
- Walls and floors
- Doors and windows
- Bath fixtures and HVAC systems
Cleaning the structure means brushing and vacuuming away soot residue, cleaning stubborn smoke stains, and deodorizing your home to eliminate smoke odors. We also get rid of structural materials that are damaged beyond repair and oversee their replacement.
Contents cleaning means everything in your home that is not part of the structure. This includes furniture, toys, kitchen utensils, clothes, and linens. Sometimes we move contents to an undamaged part of your home to clean them, and sometimes we send them to our facility for specialist treatment. We aim to return as much as possible to a preloss condition.
For help cleaning your home and its contents after fire damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Restore your Mocksville Home After Fire Using Professional Technicians
You can depend on our SERVPRO teams to cleanup and restore your property and personal belongings after a fire takes place.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Recover Burnt Belongings and Structure after a Property Fire
Mocksville is a small residential town in the Davie County region of North Carolina. While it is home to a few residents, some 5,051, there is a well-storied history behind Mocksville with over 13 sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of these buildings are preserved as examples of nineteenth and early twentieth-century architecture, although the town's founding as a settlement pre-dates the revolutionary war. The earliest records of settlers in Davie County date back to the mid-eighteenth century with several Dutch and British colonists who traveled down from the Yadkin River. Mocks Old Field is one of the earliest dated townships in the area, which was renamed Mocksville by the early nineteenth century. Davie's wider county is named after William R. Davie, who was an influential general during the revolutionary war. Despite its relatively small populace, the town has been home to key historical figures like explorer Daniel Boone and Hinton Rowan Helper, author of the abolitionist text, The Impending Crisis. As well as historical figures, Mocksville and Davie County have produced sportsmen such as Caleb and Cody Martin of the NBA, NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer, and Major League Baseball player Whit Merrifield.
Modern-day Mocksville has been the center of historical preservation by taking part in the Main Street Program, an initiative designed to preserve the architecture of smaller, historic downtowns. There is a strong current of independent shops, crafts, and stores that line the downtown and delicious restaurants that are hidden gems for residents. The varied terrain and agreeable climate have seen Mocksville, and broader North Carolina, become a wine destination with various New World vineyards dotted across the land and the coast. There are over 185 wineries and 525 vineyards in this region of the United States. These include American Viticultural Areas (AVAs), which have unique soil properties, climates, and elevations that produce world-class wine-making grapes. Equally, there are Piedmont, coastal wines, and mountain wines within this diverse ecological area. If you are passing through Mocksville, a trip to the local vineyards offers a pretense free tasting tour of the local grapes and education on how wine-making techniques are developed and the properties that go into producing good grapes. Mocksville is home to many wineries that are more than happy to share their excellent product via tasting sessions.
- The RayLen Vineyards are a must-see spot in Mocksville that sits just off US Highway 158. The expansive vineyards house 35,000 grape vines that use traditional European grapes combined with the unique climate and soil structure of North Carolina. Part of the Yadkin Valley Appellation, the wine-tasting rooms are a fantastic opportunity to sample award-winning wines curated by vintner Steve Shepard. Frequent guest tours include a wine and chocolate tasting session and occasional live music.
- History buffs can enjoy The Davie County Courthouse, which was initially opened in 1909 and is a fine example of neo-classical architecture. The nearby former Davie County Jail is also listed among the register of historic places with its own 1839 architecture built around the same time as the town was incorporated into the United States. The Joppa Cemetary has the final resting place of many of the Boone family and is one of the oldest burial grounds in Davie County.
- Pudding Ridge on Cornwallis Drive is a quaint golf course that makes the most of the surrounding natural beauty. The course itself is relatively short, with a quick pace between holes that make it well-suited to all skill levels. The fun courses are designed with affordability in mind while the course has been awarded best venue in Davie County in the recent past. Current social distancing measures are in place for all players.
Eating out and places to stay in Mocksville, Davie County.
While still a residential area, Mocksville does cater to passing trade, especially those looking to sample produce from the nearby vineyards, with a selection of homely hotels and restaurants. In recent years a plethora of Asian sushi restaurants has proved a welcome addition with tourists and residents.
- The Boxwood Estate on Becktown Road is a period building that is ideally suited to weddings and events. Tourists to the area can make fair use of the guest rooms, while communal areas include a library dining room, sitting room, and 51-acres of grounds. Becktown road is just fifteen minutes away from some of the local vineyards.
- Ketchie Creek Bakery on Valley Road is a lovely, independent cafe and bakery that serves a range of delicious cakes, baked goods, and cookies. The popular lunchtime venue has an in-house deli that sources produce from the surrounding fields and an outdoor patio that opens during the summer.
- Restaurant 101 is a highlight of Mocksville's historic downtown area. Situated on North Main Street, the casual dining experience is incredibly popular with the locals, and finding a table on the weekend may be a tough ask. The excellent selection of crab, steaks, and wings is the perfect complement to a warm atmosphere.
Recovering your Mocksville Home Requires Professional Technicians, SERVPRO Can Help
Fires can have a lasting impact on your home. The spreading of smoke throughout a property during a fire can lead to the blackening of walls and ceilings. Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems can also be adversely affected by a property fire. The longer your home is exposed to the effects of smoke, the more likely it is to suffer permanent damage. SERVPRO is a restoration service that specializes in odor control, soot removal, and contents cleaning. Our staff live and work in the Mocksville area, which gives us experience working with local insurance adjusters and subcontractors. We can quickly assess the state of your home and put in place a solid plan of action to return it to a preloss condition. Using state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and techniques, our technicians can provide a convenient and cost-effective solution to fire-related damages.
- We use powerful thermal fogging equipment to fumigate your property and eliminate unpleasant burning or smoke odors.
- By working together, our team can quickly identify and restore items while removing non-salvageable debris and disposing of it professionally.
- Using a range of testing methods, we can determine the type of soil in your home and the most effective remedy.
If your home falls foul of a fire-incident, contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
How Can Yadkinville Homeowners Restore their Homes After Fire Damage Occurs?
Restoring your home to its pre fire damage condition is Team SERVPRO’s main goal. Contact SERVPRO for remediation and mitigation services.
A Certified Restorer Like SERVPRO Can Handle the Fire Damage in Affected Yadkinville Properties Effectively.
After the flames are out, the smoke has settled, and the firefighters leave your Yadkinville property, secondary fire damage begins. If restoration is delayed, severe destruction can occur, leading to high restoration costs. Therefore, contact SERVPRO technicians within 24 hours because we can mitigate the damage and get your property to its pre-damaged state.
What does fire damage restoration involve?
Our team can take several steps to mitigate the fire damage in your Yadkinville home. Fire restoration cleaning is unique, and its goal is to return a property to its preloss condition. Our technicians can examine the affected structures and contents and determine what items can be restored and which ones require replacement. We also identify the items that do not require restoration and the odds of restoring questionable items. The restoration process can involve the following:
- Thorough cleaning
- Recognizing and documenting pre existing damages
- Water damage restoration
How long does a complete fire damage restoration process take?
The restoration process can take a few days or several weeks, depending on factors such as:
- The size of the affected area
- The type of materials that burned during the fire
- Any affected local infrastructure like a downed powerline
- Number of furnishings in the structure
Our technicians can inspect the damage and provide you with an accurate time estimate. The inspection process helps us determine the best technique and products to use.
How do you clean carpet and upholstery affected by soot and smoke?
Soot and smoke residues can travel to various areas in the affected property, including in the guest rooms. If left unattended for over 24 hours, the residues can begin to discolor surfaces such as carpet and furniture. Our technicians can use a dry vacuum with a HEPA filter to remove soot and smoke residues on your furniture and upholstery. We can also use portable extractors with a vacuum, heater, and pump to clean your carpet.
Can you get your equipment into the affected area without scratching walls and floors?
Our SERVPRO technicians are conscientious when moving appliances, equipment, file cabinets, and supplies from one point to another. We understand that dragging equipment around can damage your hardwood floor by scratching the finishing. We can use various material handling equipment depending on the size of the appliance or equipment we are moving. We can use small carts to carry our supplies and tools. Our technicians can use convertible hand trucks to move equipment such as air movers and dehumidifiers.
Quick action is essential when it comes to fire damage restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for efficient and fast repair. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Yadkinville.
Should I Call A Professional After Fire Damage In Advance?
For professional fire damage assistance, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Advance Homeowners Need Quick Cleanup After Fire Damage
No one wants a disaster to occur in their Advance home, but unfortunately, sometimes an incident happens anyway. When something goes wrong, SERVPRO is here for you – We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. However, some people might wonder if they can handle things by themselves.
Fire damage to your Advance home is stressful. You want to get cleaned up and back to normal as soon as possible. However, please resist the temptation to tackle the cleanup yourself. Professional companies have the necessary training and knowledge to mitigate fire damage, which is better for you and your family.
What are the advantages of calling a professional company?
If you are not used to cleaning up fire damage, you do not know the most effective techniques. We train our technicians in the latest fire cleanup techniques. Our teams set up containment if needed to prevent further spread of soot. We use methods such as HEPA vacuuming and ultrasonic cleaning to remove particles from furniture, soft furnishings, walls, ceilings, and more.
Besides proper training, our teams also have industry-standard protective equipment, to carry out the job safely.
What do fire damage remediation companies look for?
Soot stains and warped furniture are apparent signs of fire damage. However, our technicians also look for:
• Damaged appliances or electronics
• Hidden smoke damage such as in HVAC systems or hidden corners
• Warped door and window frames from the fire or fire-fighting efforts
• Cracked windows
• Leftover water and damp patches on carpets or drapes from fire hoses
What else can SERVPRO help with?
Cleaning away soot is just one part of our fire damage cleanup service. Our teams also:
• Dry out any damp patches to help prevent future mold growth
• Clean and restore personal belongings and papers wherever possible
• Carry out structural repairs such as removing and replacing wallpaper, insulation, drywall, and plaster if necessary
• Use air scrubbers and foggers to remove acrid smoke odors and freshen your home
Our thorough service means you can get back to normal life quickly, secure in knowing that there is no hidden damage waiting to cause you problems later.
For professional fire damage assistance, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
What Tools And Techniques Are Used To Clean Up My Mocksville Den After A Fire?
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for expert flood damage service.
SERVPRO has an Arsenal of Professional Cleaning Equipment and Years of Experience to Clean Up After a Fire in Mocksville
Even if the fire is contained to one room, such as a den, you still need professional fire mitigation. It isn’t as simple as running a vacuum of wiping down the walls in your Mocksville den.
Why do you clean things rather than replace them and start over?
Replacing soot-covered contents and structural material that is not destroyed may seem easier, but that is not always the case. Replacing items can be costly, and if it is an heirloom, it can’t be replaced. After fire damage to your Mocksville home, clean up can save you money and allow you to keep those precious items.
Using the Principles of Cleaning
The goal of cleaning and restoring is to return your home to its preloss condition. There are protocols in place to make this happen:
• Inspection of the premises – Scoping out the areas affected by smoke and soot.
• Evaluate the residues – different fuel sources leave different types of residues behind. Different residues require various cleaning sources.
• Appraising surfaces – each type of material affected, and how bad they are affected, impacts the cleaning methods and products used.
• Using dry cleaning methods – mechanical actions such as brushing and use of chemical sponges.
• Using wet cleaning methods – used to suspend or emulsify residues with an oil or water-based solution, depending on the item cleaned.
Professional Cleaning Restores Your Home
Expert cleaning goes beyond the cleaning a homeowner can do. You can cause more damage by attempting it yourself. Call in the fire damage professionals, contractor licenses, residential: NC 26671, and let them handle the cleaning and the stress of ensuring all goes well.
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for expert flood damage service. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
What Do the Professionals Inspect After a Fire in My Advance Kitchen?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
SERVPRO’s IICRC-Certified Techs Can Eliminate Fire Damage from Advance Homes
Kitchen fires are not just the most common variety of home fire today, but they also account for a whopping $1.2 billion in damages each year based on the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA)'s data. These fires present a bevy of concerns, including contamination of food, protein residue accumulation, and damage to appliances and electronics in your Advance home.
SERVPRO technicians are a phone call away from assisting Advance property owners with rapid response fire damage mitigation. This team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to render mitigation services and minimize damage to structures and contents. Your local SERVPRO team is also licensed to render residential contracting services (license #NC 26671).
Why is SERVPRO Available 24/7?
• Loss prevention through fast response times. Soot can become acidic on contact with moisture, which turns these often difficult-to-clean soils into corrosive residues that can damage or discolor items in your home.
• A restoration-first approach to cleanup. SERVPRO focuses on restoring as much as possible after a disaster and wants to keep home repairs cost-effective while keeping occupants safe and comfortable. Some items may require removal with the approval of homeowners and insurance adjusters, and others may be more cost-effective to replace than to repair.
• Specialists that mitigate both water and fire damage. SERVPRO technicians are also trained to combat water damage and can dry your home before focusing on fire damage mitigation. Firefighting efforts can leave structures and contents highly saturated and requires fast drying to prevent microbial growth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Fire Damage Policies
Can insurance policies pay for mold cleanup? It depends on the policy. Some companies have mold damage exclusions for Advance home insurance policies. Go over the terms of your contract to determine if this is the case. Even if there is a mold exclusion, there are likely coverage options for cleaning.
• If your insurer refuses to cover cleaning and mold develops as a result of that decision, the entire damage may still be covered despite the exclusion outlined in your policy. However, it is necessary to determine what was caused by the refusal to cover cleanup costs and what was caused by fire suppression efforts. Firefighting is especially notorious for causing mold to develop in drywall and wood framing behind walls.
• Does your home insurance policy cover smoke damage cleanup? Smoke damage is covered in a typical homeowner’s insurance policy. Smoke and ash cleanup is, therefore, usually covered by your insurer after a fire. However, there may be disputes with your adjuster over whether repairs or replacement are sufficient for some items. SERVPRO technicians use restoration industry standards to determine the best course of action for your mitigation and restoration needs. They can communicate with you and your adjuster with a recommended cleanup strategy from that perspective.
• What are your options if your policy is not sufficient for covering all the damage? If there are specific repair and restoration costs that your insurance policy does not cover, consider claiming these expenses on your taxes as a casualty loss deduction. This can only be done with costs that were not reimbursed by your insurer.
What Professionals Typically Inspect After a Partial Loss Fire
When you invite a professional inspector into your Advance property after a fire, they look at a variety of locations around the home because a kitchen fire can spread damage well beyond the confines of a single area of your home.
Inspectors may evaluate the following areas around your home looking for fire-related damages:
• Interior walls and framing may show signs of mold proliferation or water damage from fire suppression
• Window frames can melt, discolor, or blister from heat and residues. Glass can warp and change color, as well as lose some of its transparency. Fire-damaged windows can invite unwanted moisture into your home.
• Stucco on your kitchen walls or ceiling may have spalled or cracked from “baking” in the heat from a fire. There may also be mold in or behind it.
• Plumbing and ductwork both need to be checked for soot residues as well as damage to solder and connectors.
When you contact SERVPRO for your mitigation, service begins with a home inspection.
SERVPRO’s Approach to Kitchen Cleanup
Fire damage cleanup is a process that works from ceiling to floor and light to heavy. SERVPRO technicians start with dry cleaning sponges and EPA-registered detergent solutions for light soils before moving on to more heavy-duty cleaning. As soot deposits are dislodged from surfaces, techs can vacuum them up with a commercial-grade HEPA filter vacuum.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties provides emergency-response disaster cleanup services that keep homes looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (336) 677-1415 to begin the mitigation process.
What Deodorization Tools Work Best After a Fire?
Fire damage in your kitchen? Call SERVPRO in your area of Advance to get rid of the smoke and odor in your home.
Our SERVPRO Team has Multiple Odor Removal Tools to Help You Breathe Easier After a Fire in Your Advance Home.
Removing harsh odors from your house left behind after a fire can be a substantial obstacle for even experienced restoration professionals. Without the appropriate premier equipment and potent deodorizing products, many of the trapped odors throughout your Advance home might never get neutralized. Our professionals have experience and a fast response to provide effective odor removal for the residence.
Odors are among the most challenging of fire damages to Advance homes and businesses. Unlike residues and ash that are visible and can be more easily tracked throughout a residence, odors can move freely through space, even traveling through openings like the HVAC system to impact otherwise undamaged areas of your household. Our team has the tools and expertise to help.
What Is a Common Fire Odor Removal Tool?
There are several choices when it comes to odor removal in your home after a fire. Choosing the right tool can make the overall process more efficient and cost-effective, so it is not a consideration that happens lightly. During job scoping with our project manager, it can often get determined where specific deodorization approaches might work the best. Thermal fogging and ULV fogging are two approaches that offer a fast and efficient neutralization to many of the affected open areas and materials within the structure. Foggers are:
- Suitable for Smaller Spaces
- Safe for Use Around Living Things
Do Hydroxyl Generators Help Fire Odors?
Though versatile, foggers cannot always handle the full measure of the deodorization that a household requires after a fire. Another option is the hydroxyl generator. These stationary units can be a benefit to deodorization in a damaged residence for several reasons. These include:
- Onboard HEPA Filtration – Pulling contaminated air through the device can help to filter out debris and other solids from the environment. In many cases, air pulled across the HEPA filter can catch particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Dual-Purpose – Hydroxyl machines are a standard choice in deodorization for fire-damaged homes because they can also help to clean up the area. Using an ultraviolet spectrum that interacts with water particles in the atmosphere, we can offer a thorough cleaning of the environment as well as deodorization.
- Safe to Use in Occupied Homes – Unlike some of the odor neutralizing equipment and approaches out there, hydroxyls do not require families exposed to relocate.
What Makes Ozone Generators a Strong Deodorizing Choice?
Generating ozone can be a hazardous situation to get exposed to, but this process continues to be one of the most effective approaches to neutralizing smoke and burning odors after a fire. These machines work to split oxygen into single unstable molecules that bond with odor compounds and neutralize them or destroy the entire newly formed compound. There are numerous reasons why ozone machines are one of the top choices for even our SERVPRO professionals after a fire loss. These include:
- Preferred Method in Warehouse Recovery – With an ozone chamber in our nearby warehouse, we can offer effective deodorization for removed contents in your home. The size of the chamber allows our technicians to restore several objects and furniture simultaneously.
- Gaseous State – Much like the advantages of thermal fogging, ozone can move like a vapor in the environment, absorbing into porous materials and neutralizing trapped odors. This gaseous state allows the deodorizing substance produced to spread rapidly throughout the damaged area to help.
- Requires No Extra Products – One of the ways that this deodorizing equipment gets set apart is its ability to neutralize odors without supplying a potent product to do this work. The production of ozone and its unstable nature eliminates foul odors on contact.
Will Odors Go Away on Their Own?
A common misconception with fire losses is that smoke and burning odors can completely dissipate with enough ventilation and time. Trapped odors in cooled materials like drywall and flooring can release smoke and burning odors should these structural elements get exposed to higher temperatures again. Professional odor removal can ensure that these foul scents get removed from the house and stay gone.
Fire losses can produce many substantial obstacles for a homeowner to get their property back to its original condition. Despite these hurdles, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team can help with adequate equipment and experience. When you want to make fire losses “Like it never even happened,” give us a call today at (336) 677-1415.
Advance Homeowners Benefit from SERVPRO's "Advanced" Fire Cleanup and Restoration Service
SERVPRO Says to Advance Homeowners--Call Us for Fire, Soot, and Smoke Cleanup
Proper Management of Secondary Damages after Fire Loss Incidents in Advance
Fire incidents cause widespread damages within a short time. Most people concentrate on the immediate damages caused by the fire. However, in Advance, secondary issues can aggravate the situation when temporary problems become permanent. SERVPRO has extensive experience dealing with fire incidents so we can readily identify such predicaments and also take the best corrective measures.
Secondary Damage from Soot
One common outcome after fire damage incidents in Advance is widespread soot or other residue deposits. Apart from the general soiling caused by soot, it also has corrosive properties, which erode metals and metallic finishes on fixtures such as doorknobs, lighting, and taps. Soot can also cause permanent staining on granite and other stone surfaces. Our SERVPRO technicians are highly trained in different ways to combat secondary damage from such residues. For instance, if we cannot clean these films from all surfaces fast, we apply a thin oil layer on vulnerable areas to protect them from secondary damage. We also use advanced cleaning techniques such as soda blasting to remove thick layers of soot and stains. The standard device is a portable HEPA filtered vacuum to remove debris without disturbing the substrates.
Secondary Water Damage
The water used to stop fires may also end up damaging the property if no remedial action is taken. Typical secondary damages caused by water include deep intrusion into semi-porous materials leading to rotting or physical alterations such as warping. Mold can also develop due to higher moisture levels. Our SERVPRO technicians are very skilled in moisture management. We extract any pooling water immediately. We also set up a dehumidifier quickly after arriving at the loss site to control humidity levels during the restoration. We also check for hidden wet pockets using thermal imagery cameras.
Reducing Cost by Restoring Instead of Resurfacing
Some items affected by fires can be salvageable, but in many cases, they require restorative work. Costs can pile up quickly when doing such restoration. Our SERVPRO technicians rely on high-level training to perform these restorations cost-effectively. For instance, using restorative cleaning procedures such as dry ice blasting and soda blasting, we can deal with charring and other severe damages. We also use immersion techniques such as ultrasonic cleaning.
A proper response can help keep fire damage manageable. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 to help. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What to do until help arrives: Fire damage in Advance, NC
The damage in this home in Advance was caused by a dryer fire.
What should you do or not do if you come home to your Advance, NC home to find you have suffered fire damage. Follow these tips to stay safe and protect your home.
- Limit movement in and around your home to prevent soot particles from being ground into your carpet and upholstery.
- Keep your hands clean, Soot soiled hands can create worse staining on walls and furniture.
- Use cardboard, old towels or poly sheeting to cover traffic areas.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if your power is disrupted and prop open the doors to prevent odor.
- Wipe soot particles from kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances and wipe with a lubricant to preserve the finish.
- Drain your water lines and hot water tank to avoid freezing pipes.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over registers to prevent soot particles from further contamination your HVAC system.
- Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, 336 677 1415 to help fix your fire damage.
- Do not wash any walls or clean carpets, improper cleaning may set stains from the soot.
- Eat or save any of the food in the home during the fire.
- If water was used to extinguish the fire do not attempt to turn on appliances or ceiling fans.
- Wash clothing and textiles, improper cleaning may set stains from soot particles.
- Turn on ceiling fans or lights where ceilings are affected.
Take the steps to protect you home and outbuildings from the hazards associated with spontaneous combustion.
Do you know what spontaneous combustion is? Spontaneous combustion is an exothermic reaction whereby a fuel source (oily rags, wet hay) undergoes self heating, resulting in a rapidly accelerated temperature increase and ignition. Many a poor farmer has lost his barn after not allowing his hay to adequately dry before storing it in the barn. Likewise, many a do it yourselfer has piled his oily rags in a corner in the garage. If he is lucky he discovers them smoking and puts them out. If he is not lucky he burns down his garage and possibly his home. When storing oily rags do so in a fireproof airtight container. If that is not possible place them in a bucket of water with a surfactant to break down the oily contaminants. Do not pile up oily rags or steel wool that have been used to distribute solvent based material. Farmers, make sure your hay has been adequately teddered and air dried prior to bailing to protect yourself from the hazards of spontaneous combustion. Take these steps to protect your homes and out buildings from fire hazards. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at 336 677 1415 if you have suffered the effects of fire damage to begin you mitigation and restoration immediately.
Why You Need Professional Soot Damage Restoration Services
This home in Advance NC was the victim of a lightning strike that burned through the homes natural gas line.
Why You Need Professional Soot Damage Restoration Services
One of the most difficult household issues a homeowner must grapple with following a fire is soot damage. Unfortunately, house fires create large amounts of soot, and this smoke component can destroy your property in numerous ways. For this reason, it is crucial for you to attain high quality, effective restoration services once you realize soot is present on your property. Learn more about the efficacy of restoration services by reviewing this short outline:
The Importance Of Getting Professional Assistance
There are various reasons why it is beneficial to obtain professional assistance when you realize there is soot on your property. For example, hiring a team of trained restoration contractors enables the specialists to address numerous issues at the same time. When the team can address and resolve water, fire, and smoke damage simultaneously, the restoration process is expedited so that you can resume abiding in your private living space much sooner.
Another reason that finding a restoration team is vital results from the fact that fires typically leave excess standing water on your property. This water damage happens from the extinguishing work of the fire department. If you do not have a team of professionals remove the excess water immediately, you create the ideal conditions for mold to flourish in. Once this happens, you and your loved ones could be subjected to numerous unwanted health issues. Some of them include asthma attacks, vision problems, lung complications, and respiratory issues.
Avoiding DIY Projects
In many cases, residential property owners will note the presence of soot in their home and attempt to clear it away on their own. This is never a prudent course of action. In fact, there are numerous health hazards presented by both fires and the soot they leave behind. As a result of this reality, your attempt to remove soot from your property can lead to the onset of illness or injury.
Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties For Excellent, Expedient Soot Damage Restoration
When soot damage has impacted your home, there's no time to waste. You need to attain fast, efficient restoration services. The company to call when you want the job done quickly and correctly is SERVPRO. Our IICRC-certified experts possess extensive experience in the damage restoration industry, and we're pleased to offer 24/7 emergency services for your convenience. We're ready to assist you right now, so contact us today!
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties 336 677 1415
Serving the communities of: Mocksville, Bermuda Run, Advance, Cooleemee, Yadkinville, East Bend, Jonesville, Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, Roaring Gap, Sparta, Jefferson, West Jefferson