Archived Blog Posts
Is Contracting Professionals to Handle Water Damage in Bermuda Run Homes Expensive?
Our certified technicians come prepared with state of the art equipment your property needs after a water incident occurs.
Reputable Restorers Like SERVPRO Offer Water Damage Restoration in Bermuda Run Affordably
When water damage occurs in your property, it can be a highly stressful situation. Do not add to your worry by choosing a water damage company that charges more than necessary simply because of its reputation. The SERVPRO restoration company uses the most effective equipment and innovative techniques to handle water damage the right way at an affordable cost.
Why Involve SERVPRO Professionals
- A quick response to avoid unnecessary losses
- A hassle-free restoration process
- A team of licensed and well-trained teams
If you try to handle water damage in your Bermuda Run property, the repairs may appear to be in good shape at first, but the trapped moisture can show up after a few months. This can lead to additional work, and it can be more difficult to recover the costs from your insurance company.
To eliminate the remaining moisture, SERVPRO's team of restorers employs the most advanced drying technology, as well as specialized heating and drying equipment and dehumidifiers. We can use centrifugal air movers and indirect-fired furnaces to deliver dry air and heat directly to wet materials or the building's interior structure for rapid, successful drying. The procedure increases evaporation significantly.
We can dry out your flooded home or business faster than other companies' methods. This stage of the procedure can take several days. We monitor the drying process closely until your property is completely dry.
Water damage may reduce your property’s value if not handled on time. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for reliable restoration “Like it never even happened.”
The Best Restoration Company to Handle Flood Damage in Your Advance Home Is the One Near You
When a storm hits home, call the professionals at SERVPRO. Our IICRC certified techs are ready for any size storm damage job.
Look for a Reputable Restorer like SERVPRO to Handle Flood Damage in Your Advance Home
Floodwater has an uncanny ability to detect weak points. It can also inflict damage that is difficult to detect, which is always larger than the damage that is evident. As a result, it is critical that professionals like SERVPRO inspect and repair any damage as soon as possible.
When you find flood damage in your Advance home, it is critical to identify and remove any moisture or mold before beginning any repairs. Otherwise, airborne spores or other concerns might pose a threat to the building.
How SERVPRO Restorers Help With Flood Restoration
All our SERVPRO restorers are accredited by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to handle flood damage of any magnitude. Below is how our team can help you:
- We perform a survey and write a detailed report that details the extent of the damage, how we can repair it, and how much it can cost.
- SERVPRO removes water using mobile pumping devices and cleans up any water-damaged plasterwork and flooring. Our team of staff can use a self-priming trash pump to extract the floodwater. We can carefully dispose of anything that is beyond repair.
- To guarantee that your home is safe, we also employ specific decontamination equipment such as heaters, humidifiers, and ozone generators.
Flood damage can cause structural damage, undermine foundations and your property’s viability. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Fire Damage Mitigation is Best Left to Trained Professionals in Advance
After a fire incident takes place. You can trust that your home is in good hands with the experienced technicians at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Takes the Stress and Worry Out of Fire Damage Clean Up – Call Us First if You Have a Fire in Your Advance Home!
The fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) from SERVPRO are trained via the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We know what it takes for cleaning fire damaged homes so that your Advance property gets restored to pre-fire condition. Our Green Fleet arrives within hours of your call so that we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Fire damage in Advance means taking a multi-faceted approach to get our customers the best results possible. Every situation is unique, so we craft a tailored plan to help us achieve our goals in the most efficient manner. However, SERVPRO has several steps that we always follow in any water & fire damage restorations.
Our Basic Fire Mitigation Steps Include:
- Determining structural safety
- Boarding up of windows and tarping roofing, if needed
- Water extraction to handle any moisture left during the extinguishing of flames
- Mucking out, as needed
- Thorough drying
- Repair and replacement of flooring, subfloor, sheetrock, and other building materials using controlled demolition – Residential contractor license #: NC 26671
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing with EPA-approved products
- HVAC system cleaning
SERVPRO Lessens the Stress
You have a lot to think about after such an emergency, and house fire clean up should not be one of them. We take the time to not only restore your home, but are also ready to ensure your insurance claim paperwork gets handled accordingly.
Fire damage restoration with SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties gives you peace of mind and excellent results. Call us 24/7 for emergency response at (336) 677-1415.
Bermuda Run Store Owners Calling for Professional Water Damage Assistance
Our SERVPRO technicians have the expertise and state of the art equipment to get your business back in order after a water catastrophe.
SERVPRO Has a Green Fleet and Skilled Water Damage Technicians to Bring Your Bermuda Run Business Back to Life
Water infiltration within your Bermuda Run store means that you have more to worry about than damp carpeting. Whether you had burst pipes or ceiling leaks, time is of the essence to ensure you limit secondary damage and avoid the onset of mold. SERVPRO will arrive at your business quickly to determine your needs, so you hopefully have little or no downtime to worry about.
Working around your inventory is something we know how to do when you call us for emergency services water damage in Bermuda Run. Our IICRC-certified technicians know how to inspect your store contents and building materials to select the best cleaning and drying options. In most commercial calls where store inventory is a factor, pack up and move out services help ensure your pieces are not damaged or affected by moisture during the cleanup.
During extraction, we also make sure that relative humidity gets addressed accordingly. We have water restoration technicians (WRT) that work fast to dry the impacted water loss zone with the help of:
- Powerful dehumidifiers that help to capture any water vapors moving through the air
- Centrifugal air movers that push high-speed air over any wet surface areas
Should it seem that the flooring or subfloor within your business has been impacted, we may put drying mats in place to help speed the drying process. Throughout the job, our crew monitors relative humidity and drying by taking multiple readings. Everything gets a thorough cleaning, and sanitization helps us wrap up the job.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is available 24/7 for water cleanup and damage control services. Call us at (336) 677-1415!
Why Do Advance Residents Need Skilled Mold Damage Remediation?
SERVPRO's skilled technicians have the tools and experience to put an end to your homes mold damage.
SERVPRO Offers Advance Property Owners Careful, Efficient Mold Damage Assistance for Best Results
When it comes to mold inspections, remediations, and removal, you may not know where to begin. Should you spot mold growth in your Advance home, it is best to talk with trained mold specialists rather than attempting DIY cleanup. Since mold can cause health effects and disruption can lead to spores spreading, you will always find that calling in SERVPRO will be the only way to get the mold remediation process going.
Why is mold damage in Advance an urgent issue? Allowing mold to fester and grow can lead to health effects as well as costly secondary damage. Whether you have black mold developing in your bathroom or you have attic mold, SERVPRO has protocols in place to safely and effectively begin the cleanup and mold remediation process.
Some of the things that we may do when coming to your home for mold removal include:
- Assess the space to pinpoint the cause of mold development, including poor ventilation or a hidden water leak.
- Containment to keep spores from moving into unaffected zones during the cleanup.
- Placement of fans, filtration units, and other equipment to help facilitate cleaning.
- EPA-registered antimicrobials and cleaning agents made for addressing mold infestations.
Note: Do not disturb or touch the mold before our Green Fleet arrives. Never attempt to dry the area yourself or spray any disinfectants or bleach on the mold. Such action can lead to disruption, only furthering the problem.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties specializes in mold damage and black mold damage repairs. Call us at (336) 677-1415, and we can send a team out as soon as possible to formulate the right plan of action for remediation and removal.
How Does SERVPRO Help Advance Residents After Flood Damage Due to a Storm?
Storm damage restoration services by SERVPRO are second to none. Call now for the help and experience your home needs.
SERVPRO is Available 24/7 for Flood Damage Restoration of Advance Homes
Drying the structure and contents after flood damage to your Advance home is the major focus of the flood restoration process. SERVPRO experts apply scientific principles to remove water and the residual moisture quickly and efficiently. The time required for flood restoration depends on how well the technicians can manipulate conditions and expedite evaporation.
Flood damage to your Advance home can only be remediated by meticulous planning and careful analysis of the conditions. SERVPRO technicians use various tools and equipment to create optimal conditions for drying. It allows the shortening of the restoration time and limits any secondary damage.
What Factors Affect Drying Time During Flood Water Cleanup of Advance Homes?
The two most important factors affecting the drying time required for flood water cleanup are-
- Temperature- Optimum drying temperature is 70-80 degrees F. SERVPRO technicians use air heating equipment to increase the temperature and expedite the drying of your Advance home. The experts always maintain the temperature below 85 F during the initial days as it can result in excess moisture in the air causing secondary damage during water damage repairs.
- Humidity- A relative humidity over 60% can significantly reduce the drying time during the water damage remediation process. SERVPRO technicians use dehumidifying equipment to reduce the humidity to about 30%, which speeds up the drying process.
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for fast and reliable service.
Do Advance Homes Require Professional Fire Damage Restoration Services?
Kitchen fire in your home is no easy task. SERVPRO uses the latest technology and techniques no matter the size of fire damage.
SERVPRO Can Help Advance Residents in Fire Damage Mitigation of Their Homes
Restoring contents after a fire damage incidence to your Advance home is a less expensive option than replacing them. SERVPRO experts use various cleaning techniques to restore walls, ceilings, upholstery, or any other article damaged in the fire. Our technicians have extensive experience dealing with fire and smoke damage cleanup in Advance.
SERVPRO technicians can offer the best fire damage restoration service to Advance residents if they can reach the property early. The more time the soot and residue are in contact with the surfaces, the harder it gets to clean them.
What Techniques do SERVPRO Restorers use During House Fire Cleanup in Advance?
SERVPRO experts use multiple techniques during fire and smoke damage restoration of your Advance home.
- Dry cleaning- Done using feather dusters and cleaning cloths, is suitable to clean light and non-greasy residue left after fast-burning oxygen-rich fires.
- Wet cleaning- involves the use of water with or without a cleaning agent and SERVPRO technicians use it to clean moderate to heavy, greasy residue in fire-damaged homes.
- Spray and Wipe cleaning- Used in case of moisture-sensitive surfaces covered with moderate and greasy soot. Restorers use a spray bottle to spray the cleaning liquid and wipe it with a cloth.
- Abrasive cleaning- Experts use this only if the residue is too tough to remove. They use a scrub to agitate the particles and remove them without damaging the surface underneath.
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415. We are available whenever you need us.
Trying to Find Commercial Water Damage Restoration Service in Advance? Think SERVPRO
Storm damage to your roof needs immediate attention. Call SERVPRO for the storm damage mitigation services needed for your home.
SERVPRO Offers 24/7 Water Damage Restoration Service to Advance Home Owners
Advance is, as of yet, an unincorporated community in Davie County, NC. It is a tightly knit community of about 1100 residents, about 75 miles from Charlotte, NC. No one knows why or who named the community Advance. According to some natives, it was named after a man named Samuel Vance Allen, a popular resident of the community and a freed slave. While some others suggest that the community was named to represent the sentiment that once a post office is added, the community would 'advance'! Irrespective of which story is true, Advance is a thriving and vibrant community.
Although the community is small, there are some interesting things to do here in Advance. Besides, you can always drive to Charlotte, which is just a few miles away. Here are some things you can do while here at Advance-
- Papa Tango Aviation Club- If you are not afraid of heights and love adventure sports, then Papa Tango is the place for you. Here, you can take a flight lesson with an FAA-certified flight instructor in a powered hang glider (Also called a "trike"). They teach you the basics of powered hang gliding and even allow you some actual ' hands-on' time during flights as well. The view from the glider is a sight to behold that is sure to stay with you for a long time.
- Yadkin Valley Wine Tours- If you like to experience wine tasting along with an informative session on winemaking, then the tour is just for you. The tour is very well-organized educational, and most importantly, fun. Whether you are a wine connoisseur or new to the whole wine tasting game, this tour is sure to leave a lasting memory.
- Tanglewood Park- Located on a 1200-acre piece of land, the park has a combination of streams, woodlands, and grassy pastures. The park has some of the cleanest and well-organized camping sites in the area. You can also take a short tour of the arboretum here. There are activities to do for both children and adults, including peddle-boating, hiking, horseback riding, and the park even has a 9-hole golf course.
Advance Residents Count on SERVPRO for Water Cleanup
Unmitigated water damage on your Advance property can spell disaster. The water can easily ruin your property and belongings and can even cause secondary damage, including mold. You need professional water removal services from SERVPRO to stop any further losses and start the remediation process. Our restoration experts have experience in dealing with water issues arising -
SERVPRO technicians work round the clock to mitigate the damage to your Advance property and keep things under control. We take various steps during water cleanup-
- Scoping the property for pockets of high humidity regions using devices such as Thermohygrometers and moisture meters
- Remove any standing water by wet vacuuming and other extraction equipment
- Decontamination using antimicrobials, if necessary
- Deodorizing with the help of thermal foggers and air scrubbing equipment
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415. We are available whenever you need us.
How Can Mold Damage Get Removed in Advance Businesses?
If mold is left unchecked, it can spread very quickly. Contact our IICRC certified mold damage remediation team for an assessment today.
Our SERVPRO Team Remediates Mold Colonies Quickly in Advance Commercial Properties.
Mold damage is an underappreciated threat to area businesses, especially considering the severe weather that can often impact the area from the Atlantic Ocean. Commercial structures with prolonged moisture concerns can facilitate active colonization that deteriorates hosting materials and can be a costly destroyer of wares and stock. Our fast-responding remediators can help with:
- Mold remediation
- Basement mold remediation
- Mold specialists
- Bathroom mold removal
- Attic mold
- Black mold
What Mold Remediation Is Best in Advance Businesses?
Because there are multiple removal techniques for mold damage in Advance businesses, none of these is a universal approach to remediation. We evaluate the property and affected contents for the most efficient and efficacious removal techniques. The faster these strategies can get implemented, the less your business can notice the loss caused by a spreading hazardous organism.
When mold damage becomes a threat to your business, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties can help. Call us right away at (336) 677-1415.
How Can SERVPRO Remove Floodwater from Advance Homes?
Flooding quickly causes water damage to your property. Contact SERVPRO for water removal and remediation services.
Choosing the Right Extraction Tools for Flood Damage in Advance Ensures Efficient Restoration.
Meeting your home's needs after flood damage can often be more than just water removal services, though this is among the largest, formidable obstacles in restoring the property. Our professionals can help with:
- Flood restoration
- Basement flooding
- Emergency services water damages
- Water damage remediation
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
What Tools Are the Best for Water Removal Services?
Flood damage in Advance homes can be overwhelming, requiring immediate action from responding technicians. Natural flooding requires water clean up and flood restoration to handle debris and solids present in the pooling. While electric submersible pumps are often the backbone of water removal services, other instruments are needed for flood removal, such as:
- Trash pumps
- Wet vacuums
- Truck-mount pumps
With possible contaminants and other threats with flood damage, extraction and cleaning by our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team should happen as soon as possible. Call us today at (336) 677-1415.
What Are Methods for Smoke Remediation and Odor Removal in Bermuda Run?
After you experience a fire disaster, Call our experts at (336) 677-1415, we have the training and experience your home needs after a fire occurs.
Bermuda Run Homes Can Benefit From Thorough Deodorization Practices After a Fire.
While soot removal and content cleaning are both vital elements of house fire clean up, fire damage can also require deodorization and smoke odor removal. Smoke remediation of fire damage can involve multiple tools and practices by our Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) accredited by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC.) Our professionals can help with:
- Fire damage restoration
- Smoke remediation
- Fire damaged homes
- Fire and smoke damage
What Tools Are Necessary for Smoke Remediation and Fire Odor Removal?
Choosing the right tool for the smoke odor present in a Bermuda Run house after extinguishment is critical to getting the task done efficiently. Our SERVPRO team recognizes that the effectiveness of deodorization practices changes with varying conditions, so multiple instruments and devices are often needed after fire damage to remove lingering noxious smells. Some of the most common of these include:
- Thermal/ULV Foggers – Fire damage like strong smoke odors after combustion often can get mostly quelled and neutralized with the production of mobile thermal foggers and ULV units. These superheat or cool deodorization products into a mist or vapor for broad coverage and penetration into porous materials that can trap smoke.
- Hydroxyl Generators – Unlike neutralizing odors, hydroxyl machines eliminate standing smells in your home by pulling away hydrogen atoms and dismantling the chemical compounds that make up harsh odors. Using UV radiation, these tools can both clean environments and deodorize.
- Ozone Machines – By creating a chemical compound known as ozone, these machines send these unstable molecular structures into the damaged environment with the understanding that smoke odors can molecularly bond with these compounds. Once this chemical process occurs, the new compound is odorless and neutralized.
- HEPA Filtration Air Scrubbers – These are more of an honorable mention to the line of deodorization products and instruments available to our FSRT professionals. HEPA products are capable of capturing microscopic particles circulating in the environment, which can dramatically impact the smoke odor severity and the ease of fire damage and smoke remediation.
Are Other Actions Necessary for Fire Damage Smoke Remediation in Bermuda Run?
Fire damage often requires several layers of recovery to thoroughly remove, especially with soil elimination and replacing affected materials in fire damaged homes. With a general contractor license, we provide numerous services to overcome persistent odor concerns, such as controlled demolition and smoke odor removal with the reinstallation of building materials. Our license allows us to be a one-stop-shop for your fire damage recovery and restoration, including any build back or reconstruction that might be required.
Because fire damage can happen from so many possible sources, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team must be prepared for a wide range of potentially damaging effects. With leading equipment and experienced professionals, we can help. Call us today at (336) 677-1415.
Why Is SERVPRO Better at Handling Mold Damage than Other Services in Advance?
Do you see or smell the mold first? Team SERVPRO has sensors to root out the cause of the mold damage on your property.
Our Cutting Edge Equipment Enables Us to Remediate Mold Damage More Effectively
When you notice residential mold, you need help from a quality service like SERVPRO. We have the tools to quickly and effectively deal with the problem, minimizing potential damage and repair expenses.
It is important to remember that not all Advance area mold damage cleanup companies are equally capable of handling your job. Some services simply do not have the right equipment to clean up and restore your home’s particular damage. This, fortunately, is not an issue for SERVPRO. Our highly-trained technicians are equipped with the following state-of-the-art remediation tools:
- Moisture sensors and meters to identify materials impacted by excess moisture
- Infrared cameras that can locate water sources behind structural elements
- Air scrubbers to remove mold spores and their byproducts from the air
- Ozone generators that kill germs, clean the air, and eliminate odors
- Air movers, dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems to circulate and dry interior air
- Foggers that treat impact materials with EPA-approved antifungals and deodorants
So, if you ever need assistance remediating mold damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
How Can You Protect Yourself from the Worst Flood Damage?
Leaks have you cringing? One call to SERVPRO gets you both knowledgeable technicians and powerful equipment to remediate flood damage.
In Advance, There Are Some Simple Ways You Can Avoid the Worst Flood-Related Issues
Torrential rains and flooding tend to strike Advance in the spring and summer months. Fortunately, several things can be done to prepare for and protect your home from these annual natural threats.
Advance flood damage cleanup and restoration services like SERVPRO know some crucial measures local homeowners can take to protect their property from flooding. In order to help our neighbors avoid as much potential flood damage as possible, we suggest that they take the following precautions before major storms arrive:
- Look for and repair all roof leaks, foundation cracks, and any other damage that could allow floodwaters to enter the residence
- Clean out gutters and ensure the drainage system is in good working order
- Sandbag the perimeter around the house so that it is more difficult for floodwaters to come near the residence
- Turn off electric, gas, and water utilities before vacating to prevent potential fires, explosions, or additional water problems
With all that said, if floods impact your home, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 to clean up the flood damage.
Water Removal and Restoration of Furniture Manufactured in Advance
Are you plagued by water damage issues? Contact SERVPRO 24/7 365 days a year for water removal and remediation.
Advance’s Economy Has Benefited Greatly from Nearby High Point’s Furniture Industry
North Carolina is widely known as a center for the production and marketing of high-quality furniture. The state’s long and storied history in the furniture industry dates back to the 1600s, long before the United States or SERVPRO were even established. This reputation has especially defined the area around High Point, the trade’s historical hub, in which the city of Advance is located. As the industry developed and expanded, it eventually became a major regional employer and economic contributor. It also garnered international prestige.
A Long and Storied Furniture-Producing History
During its early days as an English colony in the 1600s, the province attracted numerous artisans skilled in making functional furnishings. Following the American Civil War, tradesmen and the furniture businesses they fostered began to locate just outside Advance, around High Point, for the following reasons:
- The agricultural depression of the 1890s caused displaced farmworkers to migrate to cities in search of industrial jobs
- The city was located in an area with easy access to the dense hardwood forests of central and western North Carolina
- Its location at the junction of the main state road and the railroad made it an ideal place to bring in raw materials and ship out finished products
The first furniture manufacturer to locate in the Advance area, the High Point Furniture Manufacturing Company, did so in 1889. By 1900, there were over forty furniture producers near the small community. In 1909, all this development encouraged the start of the High Point Market, currently the world’s largest home furnishings trade show. With a larger population and a bustling economy came the need for more water, and with that, more water damaging events to properties.
An Economic Powerhouse
Modern facts concerning furniture production in the Advance area are astounding. The following information showcases just how important this business has been for North Carolina:
- After WWII, nearly 60% of all furniture made in America came from within a 150-mile radius of Advance
- In the 1980s High Point became known as “The Furniture Capital of the World”
- In the early 2000s, the state had more than 600 furniture manufacturers, produced $6 billion in products per year, and employed about 70,000 people
- A 2018 Duke University study found that the High Point Market added approximately $6.7 billion to the local economy
As you can clearly see, furnishings can be quite pricey. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 whenever you need water removal services to protect these expensive possessions.
Why is SERVPRO So Effective at Removing Water from Your Advance Residence?
As experts know, it takes the right gear to achieve the best water removal results. This is why our skilled technicians always carry with them an arsenal of high-tech equipment. These tools, among other things, include:
- Moisture sensors/meters, thermohygrometers, and infrared cameras
- High-powered wet vacs and extractors
- Air movers and dehumidifiers
- Injectidry systems
- ULV and thermal foggers
Using everything at our disposal, we are often able to resolve big problems faster. This saves you both time and money, and keeps you from having to purchase new furniture!
With that said, SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is always here and ready to assist you with all of your water removal needs. Call us anytime at (336) 677-1415.
What Happens if Your Belongings Need Moving after Flood Damage?
After your home suffers flood damage, you need a team of professionals to assist you with cleanup. Call SERVPRO right away! We are always available.
SERVPRO Takes Care of all Belongings in Your Advance Home
A flood can strike quickly and wreak havoc in your home. If you are unfortunate enough to see significant flood damage in your house, you might find yourself wondering what will become of your belongings. After all, if considerable cleaning is necessary, it is not easy to clean around the furniture and other items.
If you require flood damage help in Advance, SERVPRO will take care of everything – including moving your items to a secure location. When we visit your home, we will assess the situation and advise you on whether a move-out is necessary. If we need to move your contents, we will:
- Take a thorough inventory of everything we move.
- Co-ordinate the entire removals process, so there is less stress on you.
- Ensure all items are secured well to prevent damage.
- Use the inventory to ensure every item is returned to you.
- If your belongings need cleaning, we will take care of that either before we move them or while they are being stored at our facility.
For help with flood damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
The Difference Between Structure and Contents in Fire Damage Restoration
Our fire damage experts can have your home back to its original state, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Helps With Both Types Of Cleaning In Bermuda Run
When it comes to fire damage, your insurance company will most likely make a distinction between “structure” cleaning and “contents” cleaning.
After fire damage in your Bermuda Run home, SERVPRO can tackle both structure and contents cleaning. Structure cleaning means taking care of everything that is a fixed part of your home, including:
- Walls and floors
- Doors and windows
- Bath fixtures and HVAC systems
Cleaning the structure means brushing and vacuuming away soot residue, cleaning stubborn smoke stains, and deodorizing your home to eliminate smoke odors. We also get rid of structural materials that are damaged beyond repair and oversee their replacement.
Contents cleaning means everything in your home that is not part of the structure. This includes furniture, toys, kitchen utensils, clothes, and linens. Sometimes we move contents to an undamaged part of your home to clean them, and sometimes we send them to our facility for specialist treatment. We aim to return as much as possible to a preloss condition.
For help cleaning your home and its contents after fire damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Do You Need Help With Water Removal In Advance?
SERVPRO works to provide Fast and Efficient Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration to your Commercial Property.
SERVPRO Provides Fast Water Removal Round The Clock
Advance is a small community in North Carolina. With a population of just 1,138, Advance is the ideal place to escape the city's hustle and bustle and enjoy a quieter pace of life. Advance is located on North Carolina Highway 801, close to the Yadkin River. No one is quite certain where it got its unusual name. Some claim residents named the town for Samuel Vance Allen, a prominent townsperson and freed slave. Others say townsfolk called it "Advance" when the post office was added because they hoped it would literally advance the town's fortunes.
Whatever the reason for its name, Advance is undoubtedly advanced enough to not want for any amenities! The town boasts several churches and schools, and even a masonic lodge. It also has two properties on the National Register of Historic Places. Fulton United Methodist Church is a historic church that is just one story tall. The church, built-in 1888, features a pointed arched window. The John Edward Belle Shutt House and Outbuildings were built in 1885 and are a fascinating example of a preserved historic home and outbuilding complex. The site includes a granary, privy, woodshed, and smokehouse.
Staying Active In Advance
Being small and semi-rural means Advance offers plenty of opportunities to get outside and stay active! If you are visiting with the family and looking for some fun and active things to do, be sure to check out:
- Tanglewood Park is a large, lush park that offers plenty of green space and a break away from the rest of the world. For a small fee of $2, you can park nearby and explore at your own pace. You will find a dog park, walking trails, horseback riding, camping, and even a children's butterfly garden. There are also events at the park throughout the year, including a festive light show.
- Jonesville Kayak and Tube rentals are fun for all the family! Ages from eight to eighty will love tubing on the nearby Yadkin River – you can even rent tandem tubes for couples or kids who need support. Friendly staff are on hand to advise at all times.
- Skateland USA of Clemmons is ideal if the weather turns and you want to get indoors. The skating rink features a sound system for that fun atmosphere, and there are arcade games and a snack bar to hand. You can even rent it for your kid's next birthday party.
SERVPRO Provides Water Removal Help When You Need It
When you need water removal, it is essential that you do not delay calling for help. Even a small spill can cause problems if left long enough. Water can:
- Stain walls, ceilings, and delicate upholstery.
- Provide a breeding ground for fungal growth.
- Cause wood furniture or floorboards to swell and warp.
- Make wallpaper peel away and even get into the insulation inside the wall.
SERVPRO is here for you round the clock. We will call you back within an hour of your first call and arrive at your home within four hours. Our teams come prepared to assess the situation with water and humidity monitoring tools and start the remediation process as soon as possible.
For fast help with water removal, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Local Favorite Snooks BBQ Re-Opens for Residents of Advance
If you are looking for a delicious meal, look no further. Try out Snooks BBQ in Advance.
Snooks BBQ is an Advance Institution that is Reopening in January
North Carolina's hottest barbecue joint is finally reopening this January after a stint of virus-enforced closures. The smoke-house bbq restaurant offers a simple menu of chops, ribs, and corn nuggets, among other delicious meals cooked in an outdoor fire pit for several hours each day. This venue serves up Lexington-style bbq food in a homely environment that has delighted locals of Advance for years. The quaint, cozy, and inviting atmosphere and the reasonable prices has allowed it to continue as a local institution. The smoke-house also serves excellent deli sandwiches alongside their famous bbq sauce, which can be brought by the bottle. While the new menu is slightly reduced, the small back room is sure to fill up quickly from January onwards.
- Enjoy traditional, Lexington-style bbq in a homely atmosphere
- Reasonable pricing, as well as an eat-in area around the back
- Plate lunches and deli sandwiches are served throughout the day.
The buildup of mold in your home or even a bbq joint can quickly damage structural materials or belongings. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for assistance from an expert remediator.
Tour the World-famous Yadkin Valley Wineries with Guidance from Bermuda Run Experts
Enjoy an evening of wine tasting with friends as SERVPRO handles water clean up on your property. Leaving it "Like it never even happened."
Yadkin Valley Wine Tours Take Guests from Bermuda Run to the Finest Tasting Rooms in the Area
North Carolina has a burgeoning reputation as one of the finest new-world wine producers. These wines are influenced by the diverse soil composition and terrains found around Bermuda Run, which is refined in the European style before shipping across the United States and worldwide. Yadkin Valley is an especially popular region, and wine-tasting tours are taking place throughout January. Perfect for group events, dates, or tourism, the tours take you directly into some of Bermuda Run's excellent wineries. Enjoy food and drinks while receiving an education on the history of the surrounding vineyards and the process of creating world-renowned wines.
- Organization and bookings are completed online with space available for larger groups or birthdays.
- Safe social distancing is applied to ensure everyone enjoys a secure experience
- Tour guides have worked with wineries for decades and can provide informative tours with a fun touch.
Contaminated water can make your home an unsanitary and unsafe environment. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Restore your Mocksville Home After Fire Using Professional Technicians
You can depend on our SERVPRO teams to cleanup and restore your property and personal belongings after a fire takes place.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Recover Burnt Belongings and Structure after a Property Fire
Mocksville is a small residential town in the Davie County region of North Carolina. While it is home to a few residents, some 5,051, there is a well-storied history behind Mocksville with over 13 sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of these buildings are preserved as examples of nineteenth and early twentieth-century architecture, although the town's founding as a settlement pre-dates the revolutionary war. The earliest records of settlers in Davie County date back to the mid-eighteenth century with several Dutch and British colonists who traveled down from the Yadkin River. Mocks Old Field is one of the earliest dated townships in the area, which was renamed Mocksville by the early nineteenth century. Davie's wider county is named after William R. Davie, who was an influential general during the revolutionary war. Despite its relatively small populace, the town has been home to key historical figures like explorer Daniel Boone and Hinton Rowan Helper, author of the abolitionist text, The Impending Crisis. As well as historical figures, Mocksville and Davie County have produced sportsmen such as Caleb and Cody Martin of the NBA, NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer, and Major League Baseball player Whit Merrifield.
Modern-day Mocksville has been the center of historical preservation by taking part in the Main Street Program, an initiative designed to preserve the architecture of smaller, historic downtowns. There is a strong current of independent shops, crafts, and stores that line the downtown and delicious restaurants that are hidden gems for residents. The varied terrain and agreeable climate have seen Mocksville, and broader North Carolina, become a wine destination with various New World vineyards dotted across the land and the coast. There are over 185 wineries and 525 vineyards in this region of the United States. These include American Viticultural Areas (AVAs), which have unique soil properties, climates, and elevations that produce world-class wine-making grapes. Equally, there are Piedmont, coastal wines, and mountain wines within this diverse ecological area. If you are passing through Mocksville, a trip to the local vineyards offers a pretense free tasting tour of the local grapes and education on how wine-making techniques are developed and the properties that go into producing good grapes. Mocksville is home to many wineries that are more than happy to share their excellent product via tasting sessions.
- The RayLen Vineyards are a must-see spot in Mocksville that sits just off US Highway 158. The expansive vineyards house 35,000 grape vines that use traditional European grapes combined with the unique climate and soil structure of North Carolina. Part of the Yadkin Valley Appellation, the wine-tasting rooms are a fantastic opportunity to sample award-winning wines curated by vintner Steve Shepard. Frequent guest tours include a wine and chocolate tasting session and occasional live music.
- History buffs can enjoy The Davie County Courthouse, which was initially opened in 1909 and is a fine example of neo-classical architecture. The nearby former Davie County Jail is also listed among the register of historic places with its own 1839 architecture built around the same time as the town was incorporated into the United States. The Joppa Cemetary has the final resting place of many of the Boone family and is one of the oldest burial grounds in Davie County.
- Pudding Ridge on Cornwallis Drive is a quaint golf course that makes the most of the surrounding natural beauty. The course itself is relatively short, with a quick pace between holes that make it well-suited to all skill levels. The fun courses are designed with affordability in mind while the course has been awarded best venue in Davie County in the recent past. Current social distancing measures are in place for all players.
Eating out and places to stay in Mocksville, Davie County.
While still a residential area, Mocksville does cater to passing trade, especially those looking to sample produce from the nearby vineyards, with a selection of homely hotels and restaurants. In recent years a plethora of Asian sushi restaurants has proved a welcome addition with tourists and residents.
- The Boxwood Estate on Becktown Road is a period building that is ideally suited to weddings and events. Tourists to the area can make fair use of the guest rooms, while communal areas include a library dining room, sitting room, and 51-acres of grounds. Becktown road is just fifteen minutes away from some of the local vineyards.
- Ketchie Creek Bakery on Valley Road is a lovely, independent cafe and bakery that serves a range of delicious cakes, baked goods, and cookies. The popular lunchtime venue has an in-house deli that sources produce from the surrounding fields and an outdoor patio that opens during the summer.
- Restaurant 101 is a highlight of Mocksville's historic downtown area. Situated on North Main Street, the casual dining experience is incredibly popular with the locals, and finding a table on the weekend may be a tough ask. The excellent selection of crab, steaks, and wings is the perfect complement to a warm atmosphere.
Recovering your Mocksville Home Requires Professional Technicians, SERVPRO Can Help
Fires can have a lasting impact on your home. The spreading of smoke throughout a property during a fire can lead to the blackening of walls and ceilings. Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems can also be adversely affected by a property fire. The longer your home is exposed to the effects of smoke, the more likely it is to suffer permanent damage. SERVPRO is a restoration service that specializes in odor control, soot removal, and contents cleaning. Our staff live and work in the Mocksville area, which gives us experience working with local insurance adjusters and subcontractors. We can quickly assess the state of your home and put in place a solid plan of action to return it to a preloss condition. Using state-of-the-art cleaning equipment and techniques, our technicians can provide a convenient and cost-effective solution to fire-related damages.
- We use powerful thermal fogging equipment to fumigate your property and eliminate unpleasant burning or smoke odors.
- By working together, our team can quickly identify and restore items while removing non-salvageable debris and disposing of it professionally.
- Using a range of testing methods, we can determine the type of soil in your home and the most effective remedy.
If your home falls foul of a fire-incident, contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Enjoy A Spectacular Festival Of Lights Near Mocksville This December
Flood damage in your Davie or Yadkin county home? Call the pros at SERVPRO to mitigate all of your flooding needs.
Tanglewood Park Brings Festive Spirit To The Mocksville Area
There is fun for all the family at the Tanglewood Country Park Festival of Lights this December.
- Admire beautiful festive light displays.
- Take a trip in a traditional white horse-drawn carriage.
- Enjoy a tractor-pulled hayride around the park for a unique view of the displays.
For an extra special festive treat, you can book a night at the elegant Manor House Bed and Breakfast, which is full of Victorian charm. Manor House guests receive free entry to the Festival of Lights.
The Festival of Lights is open every night until January 1, 2021, from 6 PM – 11 PM. Please note that Thursday through Sunday are particularly busy and wait times are long, so plan accordingly. Entry costs $15 per family car. Carriage and hayrides cost extra.
SERVPRO hopes you will enjoy visiting the Festival of Lights. For a stress-free festive season, you can rest assured that we have your back should you have to deal with a home disaster such as flood damage. We are available round the clock - call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for assistance.
See Advance From A New Perspective With A Flight Lesson This Winter
Does your Davie or Yadkin business have mold issues? Call SERVPRO for the remediation services you need.
Take To The Skies Above Advance For A Breathtaking Adventure
If you are looking for something different to do in Advance this winter, or even for an unusual and unforgettable gift, look no further than powered hang gliding lessons from Papa Tango Aviation.
An introductory flight lesson gives you the unique feeling of flying and is suitable for complete beginners.
- You’ll be in constant contact with your instructor via a state of the art noise-canceling headset.
- Papa Tango can make arrangements for a second craft and instructor if you would like to fly with a friend.
- Receive a signed Flight Certificate after your lesson – this counts towards your sport’s pilot certificate if you decide to pursue further training!
Contact Papa Tango Aviation for pricing inquiries and to book your spot.
All businesses have to be mindful of mold at this time of year, when wet weather provides a breeding ground for fungus. SERVPRO is here to help support all local businesses with mold damage remediation. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Enjoy World Class Golf and World-Class Wine In Advance
Did your home have a fire? Don't let the soot and smoke smell destroy our home. Call our trained technicians at SERVPRO to handle the clean up.
Advance Is The Ideal Place For Leisure and Fine Living
Sometimes, you need to escape the big city for a quiet country retreat. If you are in the mood for a little relaxation, Advance is the place for you.
Advance is a small, friendly, unincorporated community in North Carolina, with a population of just 1,138. The area is replete with world-class golf courses, local wineries, historical sites, and plenty of places to relax and enjoy a slow pace of life.
Get Ready For Time On The Green
One of the biggest attractions of the Advance area is its range of excellent golf courses. Relax and forget all your worries as you enjoy time outside on the course, perfecting your swing and enjoying beautiful natural surroundings. Some of the popular courses in the area include:
- Salem Glen Country Club is an eighteen-hole semi-private course, which Nicklaus designed. The course is suitable for golfers at a wide variety of skill levels and is well-kept. The peaceful countryside surroundings make for a lovely laid-back round. If you need a mid-round rest break or want to finish your game with a good meal or a few beers, the Grill At The Glen restaurant offers high-quality local food for hungry golfers.
- Tanglewoods Golf is a public golf course that features two courses – the Reynolds course and the Championship course. That means there is something for all abilities. Tanglewoods is set in the country estate of William Neal Reynolds, who gave the area to Forsyth County people for use as a public park. As well as the golf courses, there are nature walks through woodlands and beside streams. There are plenty of activities for all the family, and places to walk the dog or for the kids to play, you can bring everyone for a pleasant day out.
- Colin Creek Golf Club is a hidden gem of a course that is challenging enough for most players while still providing plenty of fun. It is a mature course set in lovely natural surroundings, and most visitors agree that it is both reasonably priced and has a pleasant, laid-back pace of play—ideal for a relaxing day of golf that will still sharpen your skills. The course is public.
- Pudding Ridge Golf Course is set on an old dairy farm. The quiet surroundings include lakes that will challenge golfers as they figure out the best route! Pudding Ridge has a tremendous warm-up area to practice before the main course and is a nicely affordable public course. There is also a clubhouse where you can grab a sandwich and a beverage to refresh you.
Relax With Fine Wine
After you have finished golfing you are sure to need some refreshment! Luckily the Advance area is rich in fine wines, with many visitors returning every year to sample the best vintages. Be sure to check out:
- RayLen Vineyards & Winery offers excellent wine in a charming rustic setting. The estate was a dairy farm for almost a century and is now a productive and well-liked vineyard and winery. Visitors are welcome to drive the property and admire the 35,000 grape vines surrounded by lush, rolling scenery. The tasting room offers the chance to try the best wines in their repertoire, guided by a knowledgeable tasting host. RayLen also offers private functions and special events such as evening music with food trucks or wine and chocolate pairing events.
- Chestnut Trail Vineyard is a family-owned business producing delicious wines from organic grapes. All wines are muscadine wine. You will feel like you are visiting with friends as you enjoy the wines from the cozy tasting room attached to the owners’ residence. Relax on the porch to enjoy your wine, or take a stroll and admire the Peruvian Paso horses they raise. Keep an eye out for their Music on the Porch events too, where you can listen to local bands while sipping your muscadine.
- Yadkin Valley Wine Tours is the ideal choice if you cannot decide which winery to visit. Yadkin Valley Wine Tours staff are very knowledgeable about the area’s wineries and design a personalized tour to suit your palate. Most tours can take in four vineyards in a day, so you can enjoy a wide range of wines (and most vineyards also offer delicious snacks to pair with them.
Enjoy A Historic Cookie Recipe
The Advance area is not just about the wine – you can also treat yourself to delicious home-made cookies. Mrs. Hanes Moravian Cookie Factory is the place to go for the freshest cookies around. Every single cookie is hand-rolled and cut to a secret recipe that has been in their family for generations. Moravian cookies are famous in areas with a rich Moravian history, like North Carolina. Moravian is one of the oldest protestant denominations in the world, originating in the fifteenth century. The cookies are part of a long tradition of creating nativity scenes and inviting friends and neighbors to view the location and partake of some festive spiced cookies.
Visitors can watch the process through the viewing windows and, of course, sample some of the wares. You can also take a tour if you book ahead.
SERVPRO Deals With Stubborn Soot After A Kitchen Fire
Whether you are a 9th generation baker with a thriving business or a hobbyist who bakes at home for fun, fire safety in the kitchen is essential. You should always:
- Supervise food and do not leave it simmering unattended.
- Make sure there are no trailing wires, towels, or other obstructions over the stovetop.
- Keep kids and pets away from the kitchen – use a door gate if necessary.
- Be careful when handling hot oil.
- Take precautions – install a smoke detector and get an appropriate fire extinguisher. Please make sure everyone in the house knows how to use it.
If you suffer a kitchen fire, getting rid of soot stains is one of the biggest challenges. Kitchen fires produce incredibly sticky soot. If you are not careful, it is all too easy to smear it across the surface and make the problem worse. That is why you should call SERVPRO at once. We train our technicians to handle soot cleanup. Our team will scrub and wipe away the soot until there are no traces left, leaving your home, “Like it never even happened.”
For help with fire damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
True Hart Farm Christmas Celebration in Advance
Our team looks forward to seeing you at True Hart Farm!
Come Meet Santa & Mrs. Claus and Celebrate Christmas in Advance
True Hart Farm enjoys hosting an annual Christmas celebration. It is a wonderful event for families. Kids will enjoy:
• Holiday crafts
• Meeting the farm animals
• Enjoy holiday food and treats
• Meet Prince Charming and Princess Aurora
The whole family will love shopping local vendors looking for that special present. Santa and Mrs. Claus are available for visits from the kids. Watch out for Santa’s elves. They are mischievous and can pop up out of nowhere.
It all takes place on December 5, 2020, at 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Free admission when you bring a canned good donation. The address is True Hart Farm 174 Knight Lane. So, gather up everyone and head out for not only a good time but a way to give back with the food drive.
If you need a professional “water company near me,” SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is here to help. We provide water, fire, and flood restoration to Advance residents. Contact us at (336) 677-1415 for more information
Bermuda Run Residents Enjoy Visiting Tanglewood Park
Our experts are looking forward to seeing you at The Garden at Tanglewood and the Arboretum!
Tanglewood Park is a Great Way for Bermuda Run Folks to Explore the Outdoors
What is now known as Tanglewood Park once belonged to Will and Kate Reynolds. Today it is a beautiful public park that can be enjoyed year-round. The park features:
• Stocked lakes
• Pedal boats
• Tennis courts
• Aquatic center
• Picnic shelters
• Rental venues
• Trail systems
• Horseback riding
The Garden at Tanglewood and the Arboretum are stunning, and you can see plants from all over the world. You can stay in the Manor House Bed & Breakfast and enjoy the park for several days. If you own an RV, you can park it at the Tanglewood RV park. It is a great way to get away for the day or enjoy a more extended stay.
If you need water drying, basement cleanup SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is a professional water restoration business. We provide water, fire, and flood mitigation in the Bermuda Run area. Contact us at (336) 677-1415 and let us know how we can help you.
SERVPRO Provides Premier Water Extraction Services
Call the experts at SERVPRO when your property is damaged!
Advance Homeowners Know They Can Depend on Us Even During the Holidays
Advance, NC, is a quaint little community of just over 1,300 people in Eastern Davie County. It is included in the Piedmont Triad area, which played an essential role in the Civil Rights Movement. Where the name Advance comes from is open to debate. Some think it came about when the area added a post office, hoping growth would ensue. Others claim the community was named after the first freed slave in the area, Samuel Vance Allen. But one thing everyone in the town has in common – they love the holidays, and Thanksgiving is a favorite.
Thanksgiving in North Carolina – A Look at the Past
The Thanksgiving holiday, as it is today, was first celebrated in North Carolina in 1849. Governor William A. Graham, in 1848, had asked the legislature to make Thanksgiving a yearly celebration. He asked that the day reflect "acts of good neighborhood and especially for the charitable remembrance of the Poor."
The assembly agreed, and November 15, 1849, was declared the first Thanksgiving in North Carolina. While this was the initial official date, the folks of this state had been giving thanks since April of 1758. On June 7, 1758, Governor Arthur Dobbs declared a day of fasting. The people gave thanks to God for his preservation of the province.
Governor Dobbs also declared a day of public Thanksgiving on the first Wednesday in December. In 1759 he chose October 31st as a day for being thankful. It would be celebrated on different days for several years. Other declarations included:
• November 1777 – Governor Richard Caswell receives a petition from lawmakers for a day of thanksgiving. It was celebrated in New Bern on December 18, 1777.
• November 26, 1784 – First national Thanksgiving proclamation by the government. George Washington and the Continental Congress designated a day of thanksgiving with the end of the American Revolution and peace.
• 1863 – Abraham Lincoln designates Thanksgiving as the last Thursday of November.
• 1939 – President Franklin D Roosevelt bumps Thanksgiving back a week. North Carolina did not go along with the change, like many states.
• 1941 – The fourth Thursday of November is declared a national day of Thanksgiving by Congress and a federal holiday.
Traditional Thanksgiving Foods from Down South
One of the best parts of celebrating Thanksgiving is savoring the tasty food. Depending on where you live, those dishes can vary. It seems turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing are on most menus, but then the favorites can get interesting. Here are five North Carolina inspired holiday dishes:
• Watergate Salad – So easy to make and so good. It is more dessert than a salad. Pistachio pudding combines with Cool Whip, crushed pineapple, pecans, and marshmallows for melt in your mouth goodness.
• Cornbread Dressing – Up North, it is known as stuffing, but we call it dressing in NC. We also use cornbread instead of regular breadcrumbs for a genuine taste of the South.
• Giblet Gravy – Regular gravy is smooth and delicious, but giblet gravy goes a step further. Little bits of the cooked giblets and liver simmer in the gravy and tastes delicious.
• Sweet Potato Casserole – Nobody grows better sweet potatoes than the folks in North Carolina. No Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner would be complete without this traditional Southern dish.
• Southern Pecan Pie – While pumpkin pie may rule in many areas, down here, it is pecan pie. Sweet, sugary, pecan goodness that is heaven in a slice.
If you would like to add something unique to your Thanksgiving get-together this year, consider ordering a cake. Food Lion in Advance is taking orders, and you can get different designs, including:
• Happy Thanksgiving Turkey
• Autumn Turkey
• Watercolor Cornucopia
• Give Thanks Pumpkin
• Gobble 'Till You Wobble
• Golden Harvest Cupcakes
• Harvest Friends Cupcakes
• Happy Thanksgiving Cupcakes
Advance families all celebrate Thanksgiving in slightly different ways. It doesn’t matter how you enjoy the festivities but that you are making memories together. SERVPRO families enjoy getting together and sharing some of our favorite traditions with each other too. Some our favorite things are:
• Cook Together – From picking the menu to cooking the turkey, we like to share in the making of the meal.
• Football Fans – Some of us are die-hard football fans and can be found eating leftovers around the TV while watching the game.
• Making a Wish – The battle for the wishbone can get serious!
Who will find it, and who will get their wish granted by getting the bigger half?
• Game Time – For many of us, the day is filled with everything from board games to card games with friends and family.
• Black Friday Shopping – If there is early black Friday shopping, you can bet a large portion of us will head out the doors to hit the bargains.
SERVPRO Proudly Serving the Advance Community
The last thing our Green Team wants is for you to need our water extraction services over the holidays. But if you do have a water intrusion of any size, SERVPRO has a crew ready to go. Our team arrives on the scene as quickly as possible to mitigate the water damage. If the problem arises after regular working hours, it is not a problem. We provide emergency services around the clock. At SERVPRO, we understand disaster does not take a holiday, and neither do we. Our water extraction service includes:
• Doing a scope of the home and creating a plan of action.
• Removing standing water and moisture from the area.
• Drying the residence with industrial equipment.
• Cleaning and repairing structural elements and content as needed.
• Restoring things such as flooring, walls, and cabinets.
• Providing mold remediation if there is a mold problem.
• Returning your home to preloss condition when possible.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is a locally owned and operated business. We hope your holiday is stress-free and filled with a wonderful time with your family. If you do need water extraction help, you can contact us at (336) 677-1415. We are licensed and bonded – Contractor Licenses: Residential: NC 26671.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
How Does SERVPRO Manipulate Conditions to Facilitate Faster Drying in Advance?
We make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Considers Several Factors When Ridding Your Advance Home of Excess Moisture
Having pooling water or a leak in your Advance home leads to excess moisture in the air, causing high humidity levels. North Carolina experiences high humidity levels throughout much of the year, so regulating it becomes more critical after a water leak anywhere in your home. SERVPRO technicians understand psychrometry and how it can impact water removal. The three main factors, humidity, airflow, and temperature (HAT), play essential parts for adequate drying.
SERVPRO Technicians Understand the Importance of Psychrometric Conditions
The temperature inside your Advance home during your water removal project directly impacts the amount of water held in the air. The warmer the air, the more moisture it can hold before it becomes saturated. Cooler temperatures have less moisture before it becomes saturated.
What is the Difference Between Relative and Specific Humidity?
• Relative humidity (RH) is the measure of how much moisture is in the air at any given time. Technicians measure RH in percentages. The goal for comfortable interiors is about 60% or less.
• Specific humidity is the actual amount of moisture in the air. Units of measure for specific humidity are grains per pound (gpp).
How Does the SERVPRO Team Regulate Humidity Levels?
• SERVPRO technicians use thermo-hygrometers (or hygrometers) to measure relative humidity levels.
• By measuring humidity levels, technicians can work to attain a comfortable range
• Technicians remove excess water from the home with extraction equipment; the less water remaining in the house means lower humidity levels.
• Technicians use air moving equipment in conjunction with dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture, taking care to not over dry your home.
For 24/7 assistance with water removal, contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 to speak with our emergency response team. We make it “Like it never even happened.”
How Can Yadkinville Homeowners Restore their Homes After Fire Damage Occurs?
Restoring your home to its pre fire damage condition is Team SERVPRO’s main goal. Contact SERVPRO for remediation and mitigation services.
A Certified Restorer Like SERVPRO Can Handle the Fire Damage in Affected Yadkinville Properties Effectively.
After the flames are out, the smoke has settled, and the firefighters leave your Yadkinville property, secondary fire damage begins. If restoration is delayed, severe destruction can occur, leading to high restoration costs. Therefore, contact SERVPRO technicians within 24 hours because we can mitigate the damage and get your property to its pre-damaged state.
What does fire damage restoration involve?
Our team can take several steps to mitigate the fire damage in your Yadkinville home. Fire restoration cleaning is unique, and its goal is to return a property to its preloss condition. Our technicians can examine the affected structures and contents and determine what items can be restored and which ones require replacement. We also identify the items that do not require restoration and the odds of restoring questionable items. The restoration process can involve the following:
- Thorough cleaning
- Recognizing and documenting pre existing damages
- Water damage restoration
How long does a complete fire damage restoration process take?
The restoration process can take a few days or several weeks, depending on factors such as:
- The size of the affected area
- The type of materials that burned during the fire
- Any affected local infrastructure like a downed powerline
- Number of furnishings in the structure
Our technicians can inspect the damage and provide you with an accurate time estimate. The inspection process helps us determine the best technique and products to use.
How do you clean carpet and upholstery affected by soot and smoke?
Soot and smoke residues can travel to various areas in the affected property, including in the guest rooms. If left unattended for over 24 hours, the residues can begin to discolor surfaces such as carpet and furniture. Our technicians can use a dry vacuum with a HEPA filter to remove soot and smoke residues on your furniture and upholstery. We can also use portable extractors with a vacuum, heater, and pump to clean your carpet.
Can you get your equipment into the affected area without scratching walls and floors?
Our SERVPRO technicians are conscientious when moving appliances, equipment, file cabinets, and supplies from one point to another. We understand that dragging equipment around can damage your hardwood floor by scratching the finishing. We can use various material handling equipment depending on the size of the appliance or equipment we are moving. We can use small carts to carry our supplies and tools. Our technicians can use convertible hand trucks to move equipment such as air movers and dehumidifiers.
Quick action is essential when it comes to fire damage restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for efficient and fast repair. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Yadkinville.
What Could Have Caused My Water Leak in Your Advance Home?
Unfortunately, no amount of vigilance or dedication to proper maintenance can entirely eliminate your risks of a water leak.
The Water Leak in Your Advance Home Could Have Been Caused by Any of a Number of Things, Like a Leaky Pipe, Damaged Roof, Clogged Drainage System, Malfunctioning Appliance, or a Deteriorated Water Container.
One of the greatest threats to your Advance home is an undetected persistent water leak. Several things can cause these troublesome issues, each arising in different parts of your house and requiring distinct methods and tools to solve. Leaks range from the readily apparent to the hard to detect. While one of the most common causes of these household problems, a ruptured water pipe, is clearly visible and catastrophic, other, slower sources of escaping water could cause the same amount of damage over the long term. Slow leaks from damaged roofs, degraded pipes, backed up drainage systems, malfunctioning appliances, and corroded water containers can be quite insidious and substantially impair your property if not caught early enough.
What Can Cause Pipe Leaks?
SERVPRO, a service that offers water removal in Advance, has seen the various ways pipes develop water leaks. Sometimes they suddenly and dramatically fail, gushing gallons of water in a matter of minutes, while other times they deteriorate slowly and merely release trickles of liquid. The following are some of the ways your pipes may develop leaks:
• Extreme fluctuations in temperatures over a short period of time
• High water pressure
• Blocked lines
• Defective parts
• Poorly secured water connectors
• Broken seals around water connectors
• Damaged pipe fittings or valves
• Corroded or otherwise degraded pipes
• Displacement or penetration by tree roots
While great and rapid variations in temperature tend to cause most pipe leaks, they are also caused by numerous other things like systemic issues, defective parts, and normal wear and tear. By simply keeping your home properly heated and allowing your faucets to drip during cold spells, you can often avoid most pipe ruptures associated with temperature changes. You can avoid the other common causes of leaks by having your pipes routinely inspected by a reputable service like SERVPRO.
How Can My Roof Develop a Water Issue?
Your home’s roof protects you and your family from the weather outside. It serves this often difficult function throughout the year, through all the seasonal weather extremes. In the winter, your roof stoically deals with cold temperatures and heavy snows. It repels heavy rains during the spring and over the summer and fall months, it bravely defends your home from the powerful winds and driving rains of tropical storms. However, this strong barrier against the elements also has some weaknesses and can degrade over time. Here are some of the ways SERVPRO experts think your roof could eventually develop leaks:
• Missing or broken shingles
• Cracked flashing under shingles
• Improperly sealed areas where two roof planes come together
• Broken seals around roof vents
• Deteriorated chimneys and skylights
• Clogged gutters
• Ice dams that prevent water drainage from the edges of your roof
Fortunately, each of these issues can be prevented by periodically having your roof checked for damage.
How Could My Drainage System Become Blocked?
As you can imagine, your home’s drainage network is exceedingly important for drawing water away from your residence. If this network becomes blocked for any reason, it could cause stormwater to seep into your attic, drip down behind the walls of your house, or flow back toward your home’s foundation. These are just a few things that could cause a blockage to develop:
• Fallen leaves in the autumn filling up gutters
• Storm debris like tree limbs and trash preventing water from draining off your roof
• Mud produced by heavy rains blocking pipes and drains
• Fallen trees and other storm-related trash filling up drainage ditches and canals
• Water freezing in gutters or drainage pipes
In order to prevent such blockages, SERVPRO suggests that you always keep a watchful eye on your drainage network and ensure that it is in good working order.
What Can Cause a Malfunctioning Appliance to Leak Water?
Another reason you might require water removal services is a malfunctioning appliance. Often, a faulty or old water heater, washing machine, dishwasher, or refrigerator is the culprit. Several issues could potentially cause your appliance to leak, like:
• Corrosion and rust
• Degraded hoses or gaskets
• Defective or old valves
• Clogs caused by minerals like calcium, magnesium, lime, and iron deposits
Once again, SERVPRO professionals assert that these are relatively simple problems to avoid and just require that you remain diligent in maintaining your appliances.
Unfortunately, no amount of vigilance or dedication to proper maintenance can entirely eliminate your risks of a water leak. So, if you ever need a leak repaired and water removed from your residence, call your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for assistance.
Should School Cleaning Staff Manage Mold Damage in Advance Educational Institutions?
Leverage the specialized skills of SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties’ mold remediation technicians when mold lingers in community schools.
The Singular Focus of SERVPRO’s Mold Remediation Crews Support Their Use in Advance Schools Struggling with Recurring Mold Issues
When the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) turned its attention to microbial remediation, the mold damage seen in Advance schools was precisely the type of issue at hand. The EPA developed a straightforward protocol for managing mold infestations without hysteria or impossible to meet promises. School engineers do not have the specific training contemplated by the ANSI/IICRC S520 Standard and IICRC R520 Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation.
Why Is Intensive Cleaning Inadequate for Mold Damage Resolution?
Even when school employees clean affected surfaces daily, if the mold damage in Advance educational buildings is not approached in fidelity to the above references, it is likely to recur. Cleaning with water or diluted bleach solutions can feed the mold spores, merely lightening stains while keeping organic surfaces wet enough to support mold growth.
How Do Mold Remediation Experts Manage a School Mold Outbreak?
The EPA guidelines developed included measures designed to protect the health of building occupants and remediators. SERVPRO Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) take care to find the water source and arrange for repair or elimination of the root cause of mold growth -- persistent moisture. Then our team, clad in personal protective equipment (PPE):
• Contains the moldy space, including the use of air scrubbers
• Removes the mold by mechanical techniques, bagging the debris for lawful disposal
• Vacuums and wipes down surfaces
• Applies EPA-registered antimicrobials to affected surfaces to inhibit mold growth rebound
Why Is a Topical Disinfectant Alone an Ineffective Strategy?
Merely spraying mold-covered surfaces is not best practices. Although we sometimes broadcast-spray an excessively moldy space before remediation, physical removal of the mold organisms is the only way to reduce spores to typical levels. Ridding the area of current colonies and managing moisture are the EPA recommendations with the most likely success chance.
Leverage the specialized skills of SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties’ mold remediation technicians when mold lingers in community schools. Call (336) 677-1415 to discuss how we follow the EPA protocol in schools and commercial buildings.
Is Furniture Safe After a Water Leak?
Don't let water take over your home. Let the professionals at SERVPRO help restore your water damaged home and furniture.
The Furniture in Advance Homes May Need the Help of a Professional Water Restoration Technician After Being in Contact with Water From a Leak.
Most Advance homeowners find themselves with a water leak in their homes at some point or another. If you're lucky, the water damage is minimal, and you spot it quickly, thus reducing the time in which water wreaks havoc on your floors, furniture, and surfaces. Conversely, if the water leaks silently for some time, you may run the risk of weakened drywall and unsalvageable furniture. The impact of prolonged water exposure is critical, and you want to avoid it by calling a reputable water restoration company as soon as possible.
When your home in Advance needs water cleanup services, make sure to call our SERVPRO office as soon as you spot the problem. Our phone lines are operational 24/7 to respond to emergencies as they happen, and our crew is ready to apply its knowledge to mitigate your loss. By training with industry experts, we have the business acumen to perform efficient cleanup jobs that minimize the risk of developing complications, such as the proliferation of mold due to excess humidity.
Can I save my carpet after water damage?
Our SERVPRO team can discuss your home's specific nuances, but, generally speaking, as long as the leaking water does not contain waste, we can perform the drying and cleanup job to preserve them. The same is true about other porous materials that might absorb water easily. If you worry about the water mixing with dirt already in your carpet, our team has at its disposal a myriad of treatments to leave it clean and dry, including-
- Agitation which loosens up the soil and makes it easier to clean
- Chemical which involves the application of EPA-approved cleaning solutions to carpet fibers
- Dehumidifiers and air circulators to promote moisture extraction
Once we treat your carpets, we may suggest using stain repellents to avoid the accumulation of dirt. During the restoration process, you can be sure that our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team is doing its best. When you call us at (336) 677-1415, we join your goal of leaving your home, "Like it never even happened."
How Can I Protect My Basement Game Room From Flood Damage?
Give us a call today at (336) 677-1415. We have the tools and experts to assist you.
Advance Residents Looking To Keep Basements Safe From Flood Damage.
A game room is a great way to use spare basement space in your Advance home. You can keep it simple with a table and chairs, and a bunch of card and board games. Or, you can go all out and install a dart board, a pool table, or even a small indoor basketball hoop.
If you have kids, a game room is an ideal place for them to hang out with their friends, or for your family to spend quality time together. It’s also an excellent way to use space that would otherwise have been stuffed with souvenirs and unwanted furniture. Unfortunately, flood damage is a risk for Advance basements.
How do I know if my basement is at risk of flood damage?
If you have noticed water in your basement in the past, it could be at risk of flood damage. Warning signs include pools of water around doors or visibly moldy or water-damaged items.
Other risk factors include:
- A yard that slopes down towards your basement
- Rickety or damaged doors, or doors with broken seals or panes
- Broken gutters or downpipes nearby
SERVPRO recommends taking steps to protect your basement now – prevention is much better than cure, and there are several things you can do.
What can I do to flood-proof my basement?
There are several steps you can take:
- Repair any broken doors, seals, or window panes immediately
- Ensure your garden slopes away from your basement, not toward it – call in a gardener to help you
- Clean gutters regularly and fix broken guttering or downspouts
- Consider installing a sump pump to kick in and automatically pump water away
- Find out about basement waterproofing treatment and whether it is a good option for you
Can I do anything to protect my gaming items?
SERVPRO understands that even when you flood-proof your basement, you cannot guarantee water will never enter. That is why we suggest taking extra care of your gaming items too:
Store board and card games on raised shelves, at waist height or higher
Consider putting gaming tables such as pool tables on a raised platform
Store particularly expensive or delicate items elsewhere in your home
If you are concerned about flood damage, consider furnishing your basement game room with cheap and easily-replaced items.
When should I call SERVPRO?
Call our team at the first sign of flood damage to your basement. There is no such thing as a job too big or too small – we equip our teams to handle every flood size, and We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
If you leave flood water standing, there is an increased risk of microbial growth and further damage to your game room. Do not delay – if you see flood damage, make that call.
What happens when SERVPRO arrives?
We train our technicians to The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards, so you can rest assured they know how to handle every aspect of flood damage remediation.
Our team will start with a thorough assessment of your property. We can also take care of any immediate safety issues, such as establishing a safe source of power for our equipment. Our teams come with full personal protective equipment to safely and hygienically handle all grades of water (including sewage).
The first step in remediation is pumping out the water. We use a range of free-standing and truck-mounted pumps and wand extractors to remove moisture from your game room.
Next, we clean any water-damaged items. Depending on the material, we might use wet or dry cleaning, immersion, or spot cleaning.
We use dehumidifiers and fans to dry your basement. This is important for odor control and for preventing fungal growth. We can also clean and dry individual items such as a gaming chair or pool table.
We use the latest moisture-testing technology, such as moisture meters, moisture probes, and thermal-hygrometers, to monitor the drying process. SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties knows that thorough drying is key to a successful flood damage remediation job.
How will I know what to salvage?
Our highly trained technicians have a good eye for what is salvageable and what is not. Our policy is to clean and repair wherever possible – we only recommend trashing an item if it is beyond repair.
What about damp smells?
We know that a damp-smelling basement is not a fun gaming place, and the smell is a reminder of the flood damage, too. We use air scrubbers and sometimes ozone generators or foggers to control odor. We also have spot-cleaning products we can use to deodorize delicate materials that cannot withstand more thorough cleaning.
If you need flood damage remediation that you can trust, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Should I Call A Professional After Fire Damage In Advance?
For professional fire damage assistance, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Advance Homeowners Need Quick Cleanup After Fire Damage
No one wants a disaster to occur in their Advance home, but unfortunately, sometimes an incident happens anyway. When something goes wrong, SERVPRO is here for you – We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. However, some people might wonder if they can handle things by themselves.
Fire damage to your Advance home is stressful. You want to get cleaned up and back to normal as soon as possible. However, please resist the temptation to tackle the cleanup yourself. Professional companies have the necessary training and knowledge to mitigate fire damage, which is better for you and your family.
What are the advantages of calling a professional company?
If you are not used to cleaning up fire damage, you do not know the most effective techniques. We train our technicians in the latest fire cleanup techniques. Our teams set up containment if needed to prevent further spread of soot. We use methods such as HEPA vacuuming and ultrasonic cleaning to remove particles from furniture, soft furnishings, walls, ceilings, and more.
Besides proper training, our teams also have industry-standard protective equipment, to carry out the job safely.
What do fire damage remediation companies look for?
Soot stains and warped furniture are apparent signs of fire damage. However, our technicians also look for:
• Damaged appliances or electronics
• Hidden smoke damage such as in HVAC systems or hidden corners
• Warped door and window frames from the fire or fire-fighting efforts
• Cracked windows
• Leftover water and damp patches on carpets or drapes from fire hoses
What else can SERVPRO help with?
Cleaning away soot is just one part of our fire damage cleanup service. Our teams also:
• Dry out any damp patches to help prevent future mold growth
• Clean and restore personal belongings and papers wherever possible
• Carry out structural repairs such as removing and replacing wallpaper, insulation, drywall, and plaster if necessary
• Use air scrubbers and foggers to remove acrid smoke odors and freshen your home
Our thorough service means you can get back to normal life quickly, secure in knowing that there is no hidden damage waiting to cause you problems later.
For professional fire damage assistance, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
My Advance Shop Experienced Smoke Damage – Can My Sheetrock Be Saved?
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 if you need any type of fire damage restoration.
SERVPRO Knows How to Mitigate Fire Damage in Advance Commercial Buildings
Advance is home to the historic Vestal Potts Gymnasium. There are also mechanic workshops, artist workshops, and auto shops. No matter the type of business, smoke residue can cause severe damage to walls and ceilings.
Can I Paint Over the Smoke Damage?
If your shop experienced a minor fire that mainly caused smoke damage, you might think a quick cleanup will take care of it. If you have sheetrock constructed walls, it is tempting to wipe them down thoroughly and repaint them. That may not be a wise move. Fire damage in Advance of any kind should be dealt with by a professional cleaning and restoration company.
How Does SERVPRO Handle Sheetrock?
Whenever our team gets called in for fire restoration, we carefully inspect all walls and ceilings. There are different types of smoke residue, and each one requires different cleaning methods. There are four types of smoke residue:
• Dry smoke powder
• Protein smoke residues
• Wet smoke residues
• Fuel oil smoke residue (requiring specific techniques)
Soot is a smoke film that has settled, and it has a strong odor. If you paint over your sheetrock without removing the contaminant, you are going to trap the smell. You may be smelling smoke for years to come. SERVPRO technicians test the residues to ascertain what type is there. They can then clean it with the appropriate products and method.
Sealing May be Necessary
At times, the particulates can become so embedded into the sheetrock that cleaning cannot eradicate it. In this situation, the technicians use sealants. The sealants encapsulate the odors in a way that covers the smell. The sheetrock can then be primed and painted.
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 if you need any type of fire damage restoration. We handle commercial restoration of all sizes.
Who Should You Call for Emergency Home or Commercial Property Restoration in Advance?
Water, storm, fire, or commercial damage- SERVPRO can help. Our team is always available to handle your emergency restoration needs.
SERVPRO Handles All Types of Emergency Property Restoration Needs
For nearly a decade, our SERVPRO professionals have offered a fast and confident response to emergencies and disasters, threatening Advance homes and businesses. By providing a comprehensive restoration and recovery solution from the mitigation phases through build back and cleaning, we are a one-stop-shop to return your home to preloss conditions after a disaster. Family owned and operated means that we are a local team of professionals who can see you as neighbors instead of other customers. When water, fire, mold, and storm losses affect your Davie & Yadkin county properties, our emergency response team can help.
Water Damage Restoration Services
Many potential threats exist with water damage in Advance homes and businesses. When we begin with mitigation and restoration solutions for these present problems, we must be continually monitoring the progress with sophisticated tools in our inventory. We have advanced inspection, monitoring, and documentation approaches to ensure that our technicians are always on the same page with the property needs through extraction, drying, and other restorative actions. Cataloging the data in our exclusive SERVPRO DryBook software lets the latest information and progress reports be accessible to all responding personnel.
What Tools Are Necessary for Drying?
Drying is a crucial element to restoring your Advance home after the water loss incident of any severity. Because water loss is such a typical call out for our restoration team, it is one of the areas where our professionals are the most prepared. We have a broad inventory of recovery tools designed exclusively to promote efficient drying solutions after water loss incidents of varying severities. While there are dozens of potential pieces of equipment that could get used in these scenarios, some of the more common options chosen include:
- Air Movers
- Portable Heaters
- Positive Pressure Systems
Does SERVPRO Perform Build Back?
With a team of in-house contractors (Residential Contractor License #: NC 26671) available to roll out with our restoration technicians, we can provide a comprehensive solution to build back and repair your Advance home following this disaster. We have the experienced contractors to help from controlled demolition in the earlier stages of mitigation to the reinstallation of discarded materials.
Fire Damage Restoration Services
Fire losses can be one of the most challenging threats to your Advance home or business. Our professionals must move quickly for these loss events to restore your property as much as possible in the earliest stages. We have emergency services that we provide when our technicians arrive at your damaged address. Multiple actions, including controlled demolition and debris removal, prepare your home for the mitigation stages to come while reducing the spread and severity of the loss.
What Happens to Fire-Damaged Personal Belongings?
Content management is one of the foundational elements of successful fire damage mitigation of your Advance home. Your personal belongings provide the essential elements that make a structure into a home. When we first arrive, assessing your belongings is one of the initial steps and determining what your possessions need for a thorough restoration. Our response for contents is a case by case basis, beginning with the job scoping phase where damaged gets cataloged.
Can Contractors Repair and Rebuild a Damaged Structure?
Our contractors focus on your Advance home's worst fire damaged areas when we first arrive through controlled demolition and other mitigation tasks. Once mitigation completes, repairs and reconstruction must begin seamlessly after that. Our contractors can work to start remodeling and build back as soon as clearing the house for this.
Storm Damage Restoration Services
Here in North Carolina, we can anticipate severe weather systems that can impact areas and cities like Advance. We have dealt with multiple hurricane events over the past several years, and each time that these violent storms reach our communities, they can leave substantial damage in their wake. Because of the devastation that these storm systems can cause, we have committed to a fast response during emergencies to ensure that we protect your home or business as if it were our own.
What Must Happen Right Away to Protect My Home?
The immediate actions that we can take are part of the storm damage emergency services your Advance home needs. These specific tasks can help to prevent situations like flooding from getting worse and prevent the spread of contamination and natural flooding events:
- Utility Repairs
- Board-up Services
How Do Flood Effects Get Removed?
Extraction and drying must be focal points when flooding in Advance homes begins. Through structural breaches and natural flooding situations, standing water can be a substantial concern in your home. We utilize extraction tools like wet vacuums and trash pumps and drying tools to gain control of saturation and damp conditions.
Water and fire losses can be devastating forces that prevent you from providing the service level to your customers that you would prefer. Our SERVPRO team responds quickly to each of these emergencies to begin job scoping and evaluation to determine the best possible ways to keep your doors open despite the restoration work the property requires.
What is a Large Loss Provider?
As a large loss team, we can help even our most substantially sized Advance businesses through destructive disasters that could impact the property. Large loss teams like ours combine our roster and experiences with other sister franchises in our region. The result is an assurance that there is no emergency too great for our team to manage. Between the franchises, we share:
What Gets Cleaned When There is No Disaster?
You might find that there are reasons to clean and restore your business when no disaster occurs. With the recent fixation on clean and sanitary workspaces for your staff and your customers, our professionals responded with a new program dubbed Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. While we still offer the traditional cleaning approaches that your Advance business might need, such as carpet cleaning and vandalism removal, we also provide this defensive cleaning program targeting viral pathogens and other bacteria.
Whatever your home or business needs after a disaster, you can count on our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team to help by calling (336) 677-1415.
Who Can Help Me After Storms Flood My Home?
When necessary, Our SERVPRO team can remove damaged elements from a storm, cleanup and restore the Advance home, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Professionals Have Experience Mitigating Flood Damages in Advance
When your Advance home floods, you need a team of experts with the right tools and training to dry your home. SERVPRO technicians have the equipment necessary to deal with mild to severe flooding in homes.
The Storm Brought Debris Into My House, Can SERVPRO Help?
Flood debris cleanup in Advance is the first line of defense against potential biohazards. Floodwaters carry a wide range of silt, mud, and debris with them that may introduce disease and chemical contamination to your home. To mitigate these hazards, our teams can haul the debris from your home. After dealing with debris, SERVPRO technicians can use specialized equipment to extract the floodwater. We can use:
- Truck-mounted extractors to remove large amounts of standing water. These extractors are useful when the flooding in your home is both deep and widespread.
- Portable Extractors to extract water from hard to reach areas of your house. While truck-mounted extractors are more powerful, they are far less maneuverable than portable extractors.
- Submersible Pumps for when there are more than two inches of flooding in your home.
- Wands for dealing with carpet. Carpet wands are ideal for glue-down carpets that may delaminate if dried with more powerful extractors.
Can SERVPRO Restore My Furniture?
Flooding can cause several types of damage to wooden furniture:
- Swelling that may result in cracking or weakened joints.
- Deterioration of the glue holding together a furnishing.
- Spots on the finish.
We can carefully inspect your furniture for these damages to discuss whether it is worth repairing or replacing. Additionally, our teams will remove and discard furniture upholstery that has been contaminated by the dirty floodwaters to reduce the risk of health hazards.
Flooding from storms can cause extensive damages to homes, so don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415. Our teams are available 24/7 and "We're Faster To Any Size Disaster."
What Tools And Techniques Are Used To Clean Up My Mocksville Den After A Fire?
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for expert flood damage service.
SERVPRO has an Arsenal of Professional Cleaning Equipment and Years of Experience to Clean Up After a Fire in Mocksville
Even if the fire is contained to one room, such as a den, you still need professional fire mitigation. It isn’t as simple as running a vacuum of wiping down the walls in your Mocksville den.
Why do you clean things rather than replace them and start over?
Replacing soot-covered contents and structural material that is not destroyed may seem easier, but that is not always the case. Replacing items can be costly, and if it is an heirloom, it can’t be replaced. After fire damage to your Mocksville home, clean up can save you money and allow you to keep those precious items.
Using the Principles of Cleaning
The goal of cleaning and restoring is to return your home to its preloss condition. There are protocols in place to make this happen:
• Inspection of the premises – Scoping out the areas affected by smoke and soot.
• Evaluate the residues – different fuel sources leave different types of residues behind. Different residues require various cleaning sources.
• Appraising surfaces – each type of material affected, and how bad they are affected, impacts the cleaning methods and products used.
• Using dry cleaning methods – mechanical actions such as brushing and use of chemical sponges.
• Using wet cleaning methods – used to suspend or emulsify residues with an oil or water-based solution, depending on the item cleaned.
Professional Cleaning Restores Your Home
Expert cleaning goes beyond the cleaning a homeowner can do. You can cause more damage by attempting it yourself. Call in the fire damage professionals, contractor licenses, residential: NC 26671, and let them handle the cleaning and the stress of ensuring all goes well.
Contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for expert flood damage service. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Do Professionals In Advance Use Different Restoration Tools Than I Do?
Water damages vary from one home to the next, making the steps necessary to restore your property unique.
When you hire our SERVPRO team to restore water losses in your Advance home, we arrive with the full measure of our premier equipment!
Much like any trade, the right tools can make restoration and recovery more efficient and cost-effective for your Advance home. Knowing what your property needs are the first step in choosing the right tools and devices to restore it to its preloss condition. Our professionals have an extensive array of available equipment to suit a spectrum of severity ranging from small water loss incidents that impact a single room of your home to widespread conditions that can potentially destroy an entire property.
Restoring water damage in Advance homes requires a fast and deliberate response after recognizing a problem. When our technicians first arrive at your damaged address, we have a finite amount of time to overcome specific obstacles such as standing water, saturation, and compromising conditions for the contents of your home. Ultimately, the water restoration process can get broken down into three main branches:
What Tools Are Best for Extraction?
The removal of standing and surface water is one of the vital elements of restoring your home when our professionals arrive. Extraction is not a one size fits all solution for the property, however. Various tools and pieces of equipment are necessary to eliminate surface threats efficiently depending on the severity of the damage, the depth of standing water, and the areas where this water has migrated. With pre-stocked trailers build with water removal equipment and other water restoration tools, we can arrive at your damaged address with nearly all of our extraction tools with our team. These include:
• Submersible Pumps – Between electric and gas-powered models, submersible pumps are among the fundamental tools used in removing standing water from areas of your home. These units are useful for standing water deeper than two inches.
• Truck-Mount Pumps – For water losses spread throughout a large area of your property and featuring several inches or even feet of standing water, our most powerful extractor might be necessary. This pump runs off an engine of a truck in our Green Fleet and removes water at 300 psi.
• Wet Vacuums – For smaller amounts of surface water still too considerable for mops and toweling, vacuums can help to get the situation under control.
• Carpet Wands – Carpet wands are attachments ideal for removing trapped water in carpet fibers. These work with extractors that we already use, including wet vacuums.
What Advanced Tools Get Used for Drying Water Damage?
The drying process is one of the lengthiest portions of restoration. Each exposed area of your house must get focused drying attention to prevent lingering moisture concerns that could facilitate mold growth and structural deterioration. To accomplish this thorough drying, we can utilize many advanced tools and technologies to evaporate water and trapped moisture in materials. While there are dozens of tools and units that can get used from one damaged home to another, there are a few primary drying machines that help to eliminate the water quickly from exposed materials, contents, and environments. These include:
• Centrifugal Air Movers – Air movers focus blasts of heated air at specific points. Axial models can address more significant open areas, but these units get positioned to target individual sections of damp materials.
• Positive Pressure Systems – Wall systems feature structural cavities that can be ideal locations for pooling water and trapped moisture. Positive pressure systems utilize several discreet holes to infuse these structural cavities with dry, heated air to promote evaporation.
• Desiccant Dehumidifiers – Dehumidifiers are tools that are vital centerpieces for moisture content reduction and humidity management. Desiccants can remove not only excess moisture in the environment, but also exhausts dry air back into the damaged area to increase evaporation.
How Challenging is Cleaning After a Loss?
Water removal and drying might seem like the focal points of water restoration, but cleaning is one of the vital points as well. Depending on the severity of the water loss, this phase can be challenging. Ultimately, residues and debris can be the most substantial obstacles throughout the property. Cleaning up after a loss involves many direct approaches, including:
• Carpet Cleaning
• Surface Wipe Cleaning
• Debris Removal
• Pre and Post Construction Cleaning
• Wood Flooring Restoration
Water damages vary from one home to the next, making the steps necessary to restore your property unique. No matter what your property needs, you can count on the experienced technicians and cutting-edge equipment of our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team to make it “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (336) 677-1415.
Do Businesses In Advance Need Professional Water Restoration?
If you need out-of-hours restoration, contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Water Intrusion can Lead to Severe Bacterial Issues in your Advance Business Without Commercial Water Cleanup Services
Do Commercial Business Restorers Work Out-of-hours?
For late-night businesses in Advance, out-of-hours restoration services can be essential. If your bar or kitchen suffers a water leak, there can be significant amounts of standing water within a few hours, while closure could affect your projected revenues. SERVPRO commercial teams are available on call throughout the night for businesses with water intrusion emergencies. Our crew chiefs can arrive on-site quickly and put in place vital mitigation methods to prevent further harm. These mitigation measures may include extracted water from the area, or setting in place controls to provide mold and bacteria from working through the stages of growth. You can contact us twenty-four hours a day in an emergency.
Is standing water a health risk?
All water contains microbes. When large bodies of water intrude into your business, these microbes can breed rapidly. The most effective solution to deal with microbial growth concerns is to use a commercial water cleanup service in Advance. Our technicians can thoroughly disinfect the area and disperse vital anti-microbial treatments to prevent bodies of water from deteriorating into more severe contamination levels. Overnight our team can prevent long-term damage from coming to your business before putting in place a solid plan of action to return it to a preloss condition.
What are the stages of microbial growth in a water emergency?
• Microbes begin to grow in the presence of moisture and temperatures of sixty Fahrenheit
• Fungus attach to food sources like drywall or other porous textiles and materials
• Within three days, these microbes can form full-size colonies which spread rapidly through porous materials and require professional remediation
If you need out-of-hours restoration, contact SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
The Storm Has Caused Flooding in My House. Whom Should I Call for Help?
When water damage happens, call SERVPRO. We are always ready to restore your home.
Contact SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to Help You Handle the Storm Flood Damage in Your Advance Residence
Following any storm, your home can sustain wind damage, flood damage, or both. The situation can leave you devastated. However, if you act fast by contacting professionals immediately, you can minimize secondary damage and restore your Advance home in a brief period.
Why contact professionals?
At SERVPRO, we have a team of eminently skilled and experienced professionals who have restored thousands of homes over the years. We can use advanced equipment and cutting-edge techniques to handle the storm flood damage in your Advance property. After a flood, it is likely to find interior water damage in walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, clothing, and kitchen cabinets, among other areas. If you do not restore your home well, flood damage can cause severe issues like decay and mold infestation. You can count on our technicians to:
- Respond promptly: We understand that timing is critical. Our technicians respond to our customers' emergencies in a brief period and perform a thorough assessment. We begin the restoration process immediately; our technicians determine the most efficient solution.
- Help you with your insurance claim: We offer a Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) that involves listing the ruined belongings accurately and in a detailed manner. Our team can take an inventory of the contents in each room.
- Use professional-grade equipment: The rental equipment from your hardware store may not get the job done effectively. Our machines extract the floodwater thoroughly and dry the affected areas fast to avoid mold growth.
- Carefully remove and replace unsalvageable and contaminated structures like drywall, door and window trim, carpeting, and padding.
How can I help with the restoration process?
Before our team gets to your property, you can remove furniture or other valuable items such as electronics and paintings and get them to a safe place. You can also open your windows and doors to increase airflow in the home.
How do you clean the surfaces that contaminated water has affected?
Contaminated water can cause health issues for you and your family. Therefore, after water extraction, we clean the area using antimicrobial products. SERVPRO technicians can use sporicidin to clean all surfaces that were in contact with the contaminated water. The disinfectant clears fungi, bacteria, and viruses, leaving the surface risk free.
After the unfortunate incident of flooding in your house, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 for excellent restoration services. Our advanced equipment and highly trained staff can save as much property as possible. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
More about Advance.
What Do the Professionals Inspect After a Fire in My Advance Kitchen?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
SERVPRO’s IICRC-Certified Techs Can Eliminate Fire Damage from Advance Homes
Kitchen fires are not just the most common variety of home fire today, but they also account for a whopping $1.2 billion in damages each year based on the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA)'s data. These fires present a bevy of concerns, including contamination of food, protein residue accumulation, and damage to appliances and electronics in your Advance home.
SERVPRO technicians are a phone call away from assisting Advance property owners with rapid response fire damage mitigation. This team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to render mitigation services and minimize damage to structures and contents. Your local SERVPRO team is also licensed to render residential contracting services (license #NC 26671).
Why is SERVPRO Available 24/7?
• Loss prevention through fast response times. Soot can become acidic on contact with moisture, which turns these often difficult-to-clean soils into corrosive residues that can damage or discolor items in your home.
• A restoration-first approach to cleanup. SERVPRO focuses on restoring as much as possible after a disaster and wants to keep home repairs cost-effective while keeping occupants safe and comfortable. Some items may require removal with the approval of homeowners and insurance adjusters, and others may be more cost-effective to replace than to repair.
• Specialists that mitigate both water and fire damage. SERVPRO technicians are also trained to combat water damage and can dry your home before focusing on fire damage mitigation. Firefighting efforts can leave structures and contents highly saturated and requires fast drying to prevent microbial growth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Fire Damage Policies
Can insurance policies pay for mold cleanup? It depends on the policy. Some companies have mold damage exclusions for Advance home insurance policies. Go over the terms of your contract to determine if this is the case. Even if there is a mold exclusion, there are likely coverage options for cleaning.
• If your insurer refuses to cover cleaning and mold develops as a result of that decision, the entire damage may still be covered despite the exclusion outlined in your policy. However, it is necessary to determine what was caused by the refusal to cover cleanup costs and what was caused by fire suppression efforts. Firefighting is especially notorious for causing mold to develop in drywall and wood framing behind walls.
• Does your home insurance policy cover smoke damage cleanup? Smoke damage is covered in a typical homeowner’s insurance policy. Smoke and ash cleanup is, therefore, usually covered by your insurer after a fire. However, there may be disputes with your adjuster over whether repairs or replacement are sufficient for some items. SERVPRO technicians use restoration industry standards to determine the best course of action for your mitigation and restoration needs. They can communicate with you and your adjuster with a recommended cleanup strategy from that perspective.
• What are your options if your policy is not sufficient for covering all the damage? If there are specific repair and restoration costs that your insurance policy does not cover, consider claiming these expenses on your taxes as a casualty loss deduction. This can only be done with costs that were not reimbursed by your insurer.
What Professionals Typically Inspect After a Partial Loss Fire
When you invite a professional inspector into your Advance property after a fire, they look at a variety of locations around the home because a kitchen fire can spread damage well beyond the confines of a single area of your home.
Inspectors may evaluate the following areas around your home looking for fire-related damages:
• Interior walls and framing may show signs of mold proliferation or water damage from fire suppression
• Window frames can melt, discolor, or blister from heat and residues. Glass can warp and change color, as well as lose some of its transparency. Fire-damaged windows can invite unwanted moisture into your home.
• Stucco on your kitchen walls or ceiling may have spalled or cracked from “baking” in the heat from a fire. There may also be mold in or behind it.
• Plumbing and ductwork both need to be checked for soot residues as well as damage to solder and connectors.
When you contact SERVPRO for your mitigation, service begins with a home inspection.
SERVPRO’s Approach to Kitchen Cleanup
Fire damage cleanup is a process that works from ceiling to floor and light to heavy. SERVPRO technicians start with dry cleaning sponges and EPA-registered detergent solutions for light soils before moving on to more heavy-duty cleaning. As soot deposits are dislodged from surfaces, techs can vacuum them up with a commercial-grade HEPA filter vacuum.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties provides emergency-response disaster cleanup services that keep homes looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (336) 677-1415 to begin the mitigation process.
What Should I Do About Water in My Advance Crawlspace?
No matter how we can help, give our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties a call today at (336) 677-1415.
Flooding in Your Crawlspace Can Get Addressed with Extraction and Drying by Our SERVPRO Professionals
While you might be able to avoid flooding moving directly into your Advance home by the construction of a crawlspace, standing water in this area can pose problems of its own. Without removing flooding that lingers in this space beneath your home, you could welcome the deterioration of structural supports and other hazardous conditions like mold and microbial growth.
It might initially appear that you have avoided the direst of flood damage to your Advance residence, but without timely water removal and drying, your home and its occupants remain at risk. Natural flooding often welcomes debris and bacteria into the crawlspace area, meaning that we must utilize more powerful extraction tools to overcome the standing water concerns such as gas-powered trash pumps or extractor trucks.
What can get done with your crawlspace after flooding?
• Fast extraction solutions
• Drying with air movers and dehumidifiers
• Crawlspace encapsulation
No matter how we can help, give our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties a call today at (336) 677-1415.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Advance, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties today at (336) 677-1415 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Why is There Mold Damage in My Basement?
Mold is nothing to hesitate on, call SERVPRO today.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Remove Mold Damage From Advance Homes Fast
While all buildings have some amount of mold in them, water damage on organic materials can easily create an environment that allows these microbes to thrive. Professional mitigation not only contains mold spores, but it can also improve the indoor air quality in your space in Advance. Proper remediation is especially crucial for basements, which are highly vulnerable to both water damage and mold growth.
If mold damage is discovered in your Advance property’s basement, SERVPRO technicians can remediate the microbes and return your home to a preloss condition. Your local SERVPRO is also licensed to provide residential contracting services (license #NC 26671) to rebuild portions of your home after a disaster.
Trained and Certified to Do the Job Right
SERVPRO techs, staff, and franchise owners alike all undergo education in a variety of disaster mitigation specialties, including:
- Fire and water damage mitigation
- Mold remediation
- Cleaning carpet and upholstery
This education, on top of stringent crew training measures, ensures that SERVPRO teams are well-equipped to advise on disaster situations and render cleanup services per Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for the restoration industry.
SERVPRO’s Mold Remediation Measures
Removing mold means more than just cleaning up spores found on surfaces with antimicrobial solutions. Containment measures and personal protection equipment (PPE) are a must for keeping homes safe during the cleanup process. HVAC intakes, doorways, and other areas where mold can spread through the home may be sealed off to keep spores contained.
PPE that technicians may use during mold remediation varies. Respirators with N95 filters are preferred for small-scale contamination, while Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs) are commonly used for more extensive mold proliferation.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties preserves homes with service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (336) 677-1415 for rapid-response mitigation.
To find out more about Advance, click here.
Help! Who Do I Call for Home Flood Damage Removal in Advance?
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties offers mitigation that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Professionals Are a Phone Call Away From Mitigating Flood Damage for Advance Homes
Home flood damage in any area can be both sudden and overwhelming for most homeowners. After the worst of the disaster has passed, it can be easy to feel blindsided by the upcoming restoration efforts. However, there is a team that is ready to help you, 24/7.
If you need to remove flood damage in your Advance home quickly, SERVPRO technicians have the tools and techniques necessary to safely and effectively restore your home after a disaster. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified pros rely on restoration industry standards to quickly return your home to a clean, safe, preloss condition.
What Risks Can Come With Mitigating Home Flooding Myself?
• Electrical hazards. Have a professional turn off the power before attempting to re-enter your home.
• Industrial waste and chemical contact. Ground flooding can displace chemicals, industrial waste, and other byproducts that can potentially irritate skin without proper protection.
• Sewage and debris. Sewage and debris can put many homeowners at risk if they attempt to re-enter their properties without adequate protection.
SERVPRO technicians have the equipment and safety gear necessary to remove damage while minimizing current and future risks for occupants.
How Does SERVPRO Sanitize My Home After Flood Damage?
SERVPRO’s sanitation process starts with removing odor-causing materials like saturated, moldy furniture, sewage, and other solids that can affect the safety of your home. Technicians can then focus on extracting remaining water with back-mounted extractors. Unlike a typical water damage situation, sanitation occurs before drying to prevent the spread of microbes in the air. A variety of tools can sanitize the home with EPA-registered biocides, including:
• Spray pumps
• Cleaning cloths
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties offers mitigation that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. (336) 677-1415 is the number to call for cleanup service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For more about Advance click here.
What Deodorization Tools Work Best After a Fire?
Fire damage in your kitchen? Call SERVPRO in your area of Advance to get rid of the smoke and odor in your home.
Our SERVPRO Team has Multiple Odor Removal Tools to Help You Breathe Easier After a Fire in Your Advance Home.
Removing harsh odors from your house left behind after a fire can be a substantial obstacle for even experienced restoration professionals. Without the appropriate premier equipment and potent deodorizing products, many of the trapped odors throughout your Advance home might never get neutralized. Our professionals have experience and a fast response to provide effective odor removal for the residence.
Odors are among the most challenging of fire damages to Advance homes and businesses. Unlike residues and ash that are visible and can be more easily tracked throughout a residence, odors can move freely through space, even traveling through openings like the HVAC system to impact otherwise undamaged areas of your household. Our team has the tools and expertise to help.
What Is a Common Fire Odor Removal Tool?
There are several choices when it comes to odor removal in your home after a fire. Choosing the right tool can make the overall process more efficient and cost-effective, so it is not a consideration that happens lightly. During job scoping with our project manager, it can often get determined where specific deodorization approaches might work the best. Thermal fogging and ULV fogging are two approaches that offer a fast and efficient neutralization to many of the affected open areas and materials within the structure. Foggers are:
- Suitable for Smaller Spaces
- Safe for Use Around Living Things
Do Hydroxyl Generators Help Fire Odors?
Though versatile, foggers cannot always handle the full measure of the deodorization that a household requires after a fire. Another option is the hydroxyl generator. These stationary units can be a benefit to deodorization in a damaged residence for several reasons. These include:
- Onboard HEPA Filtration – Pulling contaminated air through the device can help to filter out debris and other solids from the environment. In many cases, air pulled across the HEPA filter can catch particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Dual-Purpose – Hydroxyl machines are a standard choice in deodorization for fire-damaged homes because they can also help to clean up the area. Using an ultraviolet spectrum that interacts with water particles in the atmosphere, we can offer a thorough cleaning of the environment as well as deodorization.
- Safe to Use in Occupied Homes – Unlike some of the odor neutralizing equipment and approaches out there, hydroxyls do not require families exposed to relocate.
What Makes Ozone Generators a Strong Deodorizing Choice?
Generating ozone can be a hazardous situation to get exposed to, but this process continues to be one of the most effective approaches to neutralizing smoke and burning odors after a fire. These machines work to split oxygen into single unstable molecules that bond with odor compounds and neutralize them or destroy the entire newly formed compound. There are numerous reasons why ozone machines are one of the top choices for even our SERVPRO professionals after a fire loss. These include:
- Preferred Method in Warehouse Recovery – With an ozone chamber in our nearby warehouse, we can offer effective deodorization for removed contents in your home. The size of the chamber allows our technicians to restore several objects and furniture simultaneously.
- Gaseous State – Much like the advantages of thermal fogging, ozone can move like a vapor in the environment, absorbing into porous materials and neutralizing trapped odors. This gaseous state allows the deodorizing substance produced to spread rapidly throughout the damaged area to help.
- Requires No Extra Products – One of the ways that this deodorizing equipment gets set apart is its ability to neutralize odors without supplying a potent product to do this work. The production of ozone and its unstable nature eliminates foul odors on contact.
Will Odors Go Away on Their Own?
A common misconception with fire losses is that smoke and burning odors can completely dissipate with enough ventilation and time. Trapped odors in cooled materials like drywall and flooring can release smoke and burning odors should these structural elements get exposed to higher temperatures again. Professional odor removal can ensure that these foul scents get removed from the house and stay gone.
Fire losses can produce many substantial obstacles for a homeowner to get their property back to its original condition. Despite these hurdles, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team can help with adequate equipment and experience. When you want to make fire losses “Like it never even happened,” give us a call today at (336) 677-1415.
Do I Need To Call In For Professionals To Conduct Water Cleanup In My House?
Homeowners have to deal with many things which may include water damage. Contact SERVPRO right away.
A Professional Company Like SERVPRO Can Help You Prevent Secondary Problems In Your Advance Home
Removing water after it leaks into your house can prove to be a more significant task than imagined. Sometimes, moisture can hide and not be visible to the naked eye. If your building materials and contents stay wet for too long secondary problems like a rise in humidity levels or mold growth could occur.
What Can SERVPRO Do That I Cannot Do Myself?
When conducting water cleanup at your Advance residence, we can use the following specialized instruments to find where moisture went and figure out how wet your affected items got:
Moisture Sensors: We can use these sensors to see what sections of your carpet got wet.
Penetrating and Non-Penetrating Moisture Meters: We can use moisture meters to test for moisture content in your wooden studs or drywall. We can also check unaffected items so that we know how wet your building materials got.
Thermal Imaging: We can use infrared cameras that can help us find moisture by telling us temperature changes on surfaces inside your house.
Why Should I Choose SERVPRO Instead Of Another Company?
Highly Trained Team- Our crew is certified by the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification or IICRC program, and we have several years of combined experience in the industry.
Fast 24/7 service: We are located nearby, and We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Advanced Technology: We are continually researching new technologies in the ever-changing industry to ensure that we are implementing the best and most up to date tools and techniques available.
What Steps Will You Take To Ensure All Problems Get Mitigated?
Before we complete any project, we go through a final inspection before we conduct our final cleaning process. During the inspection, we can look throughout your home and make sure all of the moisture-related issues are mitigated before the ultimate clean.
If you ever need help after suffering from a water leak in your house in Mocksville or Jonesville, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 immediately.
See more about Advance
We Get You Back To Business In Advance After A Water Damage Disaster
We have the necessary state of the art equipment for all your water damage needs. Please call us right away to prevent further damage.
What Can SERVPRO Do for My Water-Damaged Advance Store?
Our experienced restoration professionals can offer fast extraction and drying solutions to get your doors back open as soon as possible.
With the conveniences and pace of online shopping, it can feel at times that your small Advance shop is losing ground to a virtual marketplace at everyone’s fingertips. Brick and mortar locations like yours are also susceptible to disasters like water loss incidents with situations like pipes breaking, sprinkler system malfunctions, or leaks in exposed pipes. Any of these scenarios can lead to substantial complications for your business without a fast and confident response by professionals like our SERVPRO team.
How Long Should I Expect to Wait for Help?
- Fast response
- First notice of loss
- Contact within hours
When disasters strike your shop, and you find that you need water removal for your Advance business, time is of the essence to get this process started as soon as possible. Many property management professionals have trusted our SERVPRO firm over the years because of our prompt response to these emergencies with the personnel and equipment to make a positive difference.
The first notice of loss (FNOL) is one of the crucial points of communication between the business owner and representatives of our SERVPRO team. With staffed emergency lines available 24/7, when you call about a disaster, you are getting through to a real person on the other end. The benefit in this is that we can begin to compile pertinent details about the loss situation to ensure that the appropriate equipment and trained professionals are getting dispatched to help when you need it most.
From this FNOL, we have professionals mobilizing as quickly as possible to get our Green Fleet out to your water damaged building. We know how quickly water emergencies can get out of control, and that is why we strive to reach every loss incident within hours of your initial call. Every minute that passes is precious, so we waste no time in getting mitigation started to protect the structural elements of your shop and your stock.
What Efficient Strategies Exist for Water Removal?
- Electric submersible pumps
- Truck-mount extractors
- Wet vacuums
Among the chief actions that our mitigation team must address when we first arrive at your Advance shop are extraction and water removal. Standing water can be destructive to the wares that you sell in the store as well as structural elements like flooring, fixtures like shelves and counters, and other exposed areas and contents. The right equipment used at the right times can dramatically reduce the presence of surface water to make water losses more manageable.
Submersible pumps can help when pooling water is more than two inches in depth. In these situations, the volume of water can absorb into flooring, wallboard, wood trim, and structural fixtures in your shop without fast actions. Submersible pumps offer continuous removal of standing water to a manageable depth where other extraction options are necessary.
Wet vacuums complete the final stages of removing surface water. In addition to their direct suction on surfaces and accessories that can help to reach into otherwise inaccessible areas, wet vacuums also utilize attachments like squeegee wands for hard surface flooring and carpet wands for removing moisture from carpets in the damaged areas.
Can SERVPRO Protect the Wares in My Store?
- Content management
- On-site solutions
- Off-site recovery
Protecting the wares that you sell in your store must also be a priority of our responding technicians when we arrive. Standing water primarily produces risks for situations like mold growth and deterioration, so we must carefully choose what must occur with individually affected items. These determinations happen during the job scoping process, where we determine what wares in your Advance shop can get relocated on-site and cleaned and which might require more involved approaches off-site.
Many of the lightly damaged or unaffected goods in your shop do not require in-depth cleaning and restoration approaches. The best solution for many of these items is to relocate them to an area of the shop where they can get less impacted by increased moisture contents and changing environmental conditions that occur during the restoration process.
We have a nearby SERVPRO facility capable of receiving a high volume of relocated wares from your water-damaged shop temporarily. This solution can be a benefit when there is nowhere on-site to store mostly undamaged goods. For damaged items, our in-house content management team can meet the demands of these individual objects with effective drying and cleaning solutions to prepare them for a return to your shop if possible.
How Thorough is the Drying Process?
- Evaporative drying solutions
- Specialty drying tools
- Moisture detection
Effective drying is undeniably vital to the restoration and recovery of your Advance shop after a water loss situation. Water migration can affect many materials beyond the surface, so we must maintain a constant awareness of dampness and moisture pockets beyond what we can easily see. We have efficient drying solutions to quickly manage water losses, including air movers and portable electric heaters that can maximize evaporation.
Depending on the materials affected by the water emergency, it can be necessary to utilize some of our more advanced tools and technologies to help make these losses “Like it never even happened.” Specialty drying tools like drying mats and our SERVPRO Injecti-Dry System can help to address water trapped in flooring materials and dampness in structural cavities. Despite the effectiveness of air movers, there are many practical applications for these advanced approaches to maximize drying efficiency.
We can double-check the production of our drying approaches utilizing many advanced technologies for moisture detection, including surface moisture meters and thermal imagery. Not only can these approaches showcase where drying is necessary, but also determine the migration of water damage to ensure the proper placement of air movers and dehumidifiers.
Protecting your shop and its wares can be a significant challenge with water loss emergencies. Our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team can help with efficient drying and recovery solutions. Give us a call anytime at (336) 677-1415.
See more about Advance.
Commercial Water Damage In Advance
“Like it never even happened.”
A Leak in a Utility Closet Causes Commercial Water Damage in Advance Office
Even with regular inspections and security equipment expansions in place to catch early warning signs of fire and commercial water damage, the possibility of it occurring remains. Although break rooms and restrooms are the prime areas for water loss events that strike a business property, anywhere there are pipes, there can be leaks.
A local Advance business owner with commercial water damage found himself looking at about half an inch of water on the flooring throughout his office when the supply line to a sink in the janitorial closet busted. Although the owner had an environmentally enhanced monitoring system, a large amount of water spilled before the detection systems got triggered, automatically shutting off the water to the building.
Rapid Arrival with Fast Start Water Cleanup
The first call the business owner made was to SERVPRO, and techs arrived on-site quickly with their service vans stocked with everything needed to clean up the water loss situation. Because some electrical outlets were on the floor, the electricity got shut off for safety reasons, and the techs powered their extraction equipment with generators.
Equipment Move Out
The business owner had concerns about his server room located next to the janitorial utility closet where the water loss originated. SERVPRO techs moved out the computer equipment to inhibit any secondary damages from exposure to the elevated moisture and per the request of the property owner, arranged for an industry professional to inspect the equipment before reinstallation and reuse.
Controlled Demo is a Standard Part of Water Loss Restoration
When water comes into contact with sheetrock, it wicks readily and travels upward through the core. There is a very short window to dry it before it weakens, buckles, and deteriorates. SERVPRO techs can ascertain what stage the sheetrock is at and, if necessary, halt any further damage through the use of flood cuts. They are licensing as general contractors #NC 26671 and can extend the restoration services to reconstruction to make repairs as needed.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 restores and repairs properties with commercial water damage and makes the loss, “Like it never even happened.”
For more about Advance click here.
Advance Homeowners Benefit from SERVPRO's "Advanced" Fire Cleanup and Restoration Service
SERVPRO Says to Advance Homeowners--Call Us for Fire, Soot, and Smoke Cleanup
Proper Management of Secondary Damages after Fire Loss Incidents in Advance
Fire incidents cause widespread damages within a short time. Most people concentrate on the immediate damages caused by the fire. However, in Advance, secondary issues can aggravate the situation when temporary problems become permanent. SERVPRO has extensive experience dealing with fire incidents so we can readily identify such predicaments and also take the best corrective measures.
Secondary Damage from Soot
One common outcome after fire damage incidents in Advance is widespread soot or other residue deposits. Apart from the general soiling caused by soot, it also has corrosive properties, which erode metals and metallic finishes on fixtures such as doorknobs, lighting, and taps. Soot can also cause permanent staining on granite and other stone surfaces. Our SERVPRO technicians are highly trained in different ways to combat secondary damage from such residues. For instance, if we cannot clean these films from all surfaces fast, we apply a thin oil layer on vulnerable areas to protect them from secondary damage. We also use advanced cleaning techniques such as soda blasting to remove thick layers of soot and stains. The standard device is a portable HEPA filtered vacuum to remove debris without disturbing the substrates.
Secondary Water Damage
The water used to stop fires may also end up damaging the property if no remedial action is taken. Typical secondary damages caused by water include deep intrusion into semi-porous materials leading to rotting or physical alterations such as warping. Mold can also develop due to higher moisture levels. Our SERVPRO technicians are very skilled in moisture management. We extract any pooling water immediately. We also set up a dehumidifier quickly after arriving at the loss site to control humidity levels during the restoration. We also check for hidden wet pockets using thermal imagery cameras.
Reducing Cost by Restoring Instead of Resurfacing
Some items affected by fires can be salvageable, but in many cases, they require restorative work. Costs can pile up quickly when doing such restoration. Our SERVPRO technicians rely on high-level training to perform these restorations cost-effectively. For instance, using restorative cleaning procedures such as dry ice blasting and soda blasting, we can deal with charring and other severe damages. We also use immersion techniques such as ultrasonic cleaning.
A proper response can help keep fire damage manageable. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 to help. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Did Your Advance Home Experience Flooding with the Recent Storms?
When the dark clouds roll in and cause flooding, SERVPRO is ready to roll out to restore your home.
Heavy Storms Bring Flood Damage to Advance Home
The estimate for basements having water loss of some type during their service life is around 98%. Flood damage hits basements particularly hard because it is an area of the home most people use for storage, an extra room, and where the mechanicals such as hot water tank and the HVAC get installed.
When SERVPRO arrived at an Advance home with flood damage in the basement from heavy storms, they found a couple of inches of standing muddy water on the slab floor. Fortunately, the installation of both the HVAC and hot water tank was on blocks that kept them above the water.
Scoping the Loss
SERVPRO technicians located the source of the water entry and immediately took action to remove the water. They used a combination of portable submersible pumps and a truck-mounted trash pump to expedite the removal process.
Move Out of Undamaged Items for Disinfection
The techs moved out plastic storage bins to another area for cleaning to ensure any bacteria or contaminants in the water got removed. Items in cardboard boxes got inspected piece by piece for restoration potential, and anything that required disposal got approval from the homeowner and documented in a report to assist with the filing of insurance claims for the loss, which is the SERVPRO CCIS Contents Claim Inventory System.
Types of Cleaning Agents Used
Because of the probability of groundwater having bacteria, sewage, and other harmful elements, technicians wear protective equipment during the cleanup and test the water to determine the nature of any contaminants, so the appropriate treatments get used. Articles that hold up against immersion cleaning stand the best chance for restoration because items need to get sanitized before reuse.
Structural Damage is Common
Flood loss frequently brings structural damage. The basement had sheetrock over cinderblock and brick walls. The sheetrock was a loss as it wicked a substantial amount of water and the walls underneath needed thorough drying. SERVPRO technicians have specific cleaning formulas for use on masonry and the application of antimicrobials to inhibit mold growth after drying.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 is available 24/7 to assist local properties with any size flood damage. With their advanced cleaning methods and rebuilding services, the techs make the loss "Like it never even happened."
More about Advance.
Water damage at Yadkinville manufacturing facility
Flooded manufacturing facility in Yadkinville North Carolina
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties was called to a local manufacturing facility in Yadkinville when they experienced a failure of a riser coupling in their fire suppression system. An eight inch water line then began filling their warehouse and office building with an estimated 250,000 gallons of water before it could be shut off. Within forty five minutes of the first phone call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties was extracting water from both floors of the companies office complex. Within twenty four hours the building was filled with commercial air movers and dehumidifiers to remove water absorbed by the building materials. Make sure that your choice of restoration contractor has ability to respond to any size loss at your commercial property. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at 336 677 1415 for any size water of fire damage.
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties assists local veteran with mold issue
Mold remediation in Elkin North Carolina for disabled veteran
During the month of November SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties had the pleasure of assisting Purple Heart Homes and the Gary Sinise Foundation with the remediation of a substantial mold problem at the residence of disabled former USAF mechanic Mr Robert Billings. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties was contacted by Purple Heart Homes to begin the remediation and restoration of Mr Billings residence. The efforts of multiple contractors were coordinated through the actions of both of these veteran assistance programs to bring Mr Billings home a complete restoration to better fit his and his families needs. Please visit the link for Mr Billings for a description of his valuable service to our armed forces. Please visit the links provided for Purple Heart Homes and the Gary Sinise Foundation if your are a veteran or you know of one in need of assistance.
Winter is coming! How to prevent water damages from cold.
This is the interior wall behind a frozen hose bib in Advance North Carolina
Its that time of year again. We are approaching the middle of January and the forecasted temperatures are creeping lower and lower. That means we need to protect ourselves from the effects of freezing temperatures around your Advance and Bermuda Run, North Carolina homes. Make sure that all your water hoses on the exterior of your home are unscrewed from the spigot. Many people mistakenly believe that their hose bib will protect them from frozen pipes. However, if you leave your hose attached to your spigot, the water inside the hose will freeze and expand into your hose bib where the resulting pressure will cause a split in the pipe. May people will not discover that they have this problem until they turn on the spigot in the spring time to water the flowers of wash the car. The split in the pipe occurs inside the wall in front of the hose bib cut off and is not evident until the water is turned on again and it begins to flood the wall cavity. We can prevent this problem simply by unscrewing our hoses from the spigot. Make sure that if you are traveling or you maintain a vacation home that your water is turned off at the supply to prevent an uninterrupted leak in your absence. You may even consider draining your water lines and hot water tank until you return. Place a cup full of RV antifreeze in all sink/tub drains and toilets to prevent the water left in the bowls an p-traps from freezing. Your best defense against freezing pipes and the resulting damage is a good offense. If you experience water damage this winter or any other time of the year call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties for your mitigation needs.
Water damages can sneak up on you!
Dont end up like this homeowner, learn the locations of the water cut offs in your Sparta NC home.
Are you aware of the potential origins of water damages in your home? Do you know how to cut off the water supply to your home in the event of an emergency? Should you cut off your water if you are going to be away from home for more than an overnight trip? Most all of our homes enjoy the (usually) uninterrupted supply of hot and cold water for bathing, cooking, cleaning and drinking but all the sources of water in your home are also potential water damages.
Your sinks, toilets, washing machines and ice makers all have water supply lines bringing them H20. These supply lines are prone to breakdown with old age and or improper installation. Periodically inspect and change all supply lines at these areas along with their cut offs.
All water sources with the exception of your ice maker line also have an accompanying drain line that flows to the sewer or septic system in your home. The p-traps and wax seals on these drain lines are also susceptible to breakdown with old age and use, possibly more so due to the fact they are sometimes located unseen, inside wall cavities or crawlspaces.
The interior water cutoff in your home is usually located just inside an exterior wall where your water supply line from city water or a well are brought into your residence. If you don’t know where yours are located or you are unfamiliar with their use you should immediately learn their locations and how to manipulate the cut off valves to turn them off. In an emergency situation this can save you from many more thousands of gallons of water from coming into your home while you await a plumber.
Always cut off the water supply to you home if you are going to be away any longer than overnight to protect yourself from an uninterrupted pipe failure. If you have well water you should be able to cut off the disconnect/circuit breaker to your well pump if you are going to be away from home. City water will have a meter just inside your yard close to the street. Your water can be shut off here if you are unable to find or reach your interior cut off. These cut offs sometimes a special tool you can purchase at any hardware store.
Always make it a point to inspect the crawlspace or basement of your home periodically for unseen leaks from supply and drain lines. Also look for any sign of water intrusion from the exterior of your home and take steps to ensure the proper drainage of your gutters and french drains away from your foundation.
Learning and observing these simple steps in your Sparta, NC home can protect and limit your property loss from water damage. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties, 336 677 1415 to assist with any water or mold damages.
What about the water you don’t see?
This home in Roaring Gap, NC had unseen water betweeen the subfloor and sheet vinyl and laminate flooring.
Your tub has overflowed or you have a leaking supply line to your toilet. You see water in the floor so you get out some old towels and maybe your shop vacuum and clean up the visible water. Everything is good now right? What about the water you don’t see. More than likely the water that flowed out onto your floor also flowed out to the wall and underneath the baseboard. When it hit the baseboard it then flowed against the drywall and subfloor, wicking its way up between the drywall and base molding. It is pulled underneath the vinyl flooring or ceramic tile via capillary action. It flows down the wall and sill plate until it reaches the carpet pad and it again flows between the pad and the subfloor. The water reaches a joint between two pieces of subfloor and begins to run between them and fall onto the suspended ceiling in the finished basement, or it flows into the crawlspace and soaks your insulation. It is the water you don’t see and are unable to clean up that will cause secondary damage and mold growth if it is not found and dried properly. SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties has the ability to find this hidden water and develop a drying plan to remove it from your home. Our technicians are equipped with state of the art meters and cameras that ensure that no areas of possible water intrusion are over looked. If you have experienced water damage in your Roaring Gap or Glade Valley home then call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties, 336 677 1415 to make sure there are no pockets of water left undetected.
What to do until help arrives: Fire damage in Advance, NC
The damage in this home in Advance was caused by a dryer fire.
What should you do or not do if you come home to your Advance, NC home to find you have suffered fire damage. Follow these tips to stay safe and protect your home.
- Limit movement in and around your home to prevent soot particles from being ground into your carpet and upholstery.
- Keep your hands clean, Soot soiled hands can create worse staining on walls and furniture.
- Use cardboard, old towels or poly sheeting to cover traffic areas.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if your power is disrupted and prop open the doors to prevent odor.
- Wipe soot particles from kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances and wipe with a lubricant to preserve the finish.
- Drain your water lines and hot water tank to avoid freezing pipes.
- Tape double layers of cheese cloth over registers to prevent soot particles from further contamination your HVAC system.
- Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, 336 677 1415 to help fix your fire damage.
- Do not wash any walls or clean carpets, improper cleaning may set stains from the soot.
- Eat or save any of the food in the home during the fire.
- If water was used to extinguish the fire do not attempt to turn on appliances or ceiling fans.
- Wash clothing and textiles, improper cleaning may set stains from soot particles.
- Turn on ceiling fans or lights where ceilings are affected.
Some tips to prevent sewage back ups in your Bermuda Run NC home.
This toilet back up from a blockage in the septic lines in Bermuda Run, NC
- Never flush anything other than toilet paper down the drain. Even “flush-able wipes” should never go into the toilet. They should be disposed of in a trash receptacle only.
- Use a strainer to prevent most hair from going down the drain in the tub and shower and dispose of the collected hair in the trash.
- We will say it again; never ever flush paper towels down the toilet. They do not break down when flushed and will block your drain lines.
- Tree roots can and will grow into your sewage lines, causing blockages. The older your home the more you need to address trees and roots located in proximity to your drain pipes.
- Hot grease in your drain will solidify when it comes in contact with the water in your p-traps and sewage lines creating a solid mass of grease that is not water soluble. Let grease cool and dispose of it in your trash receptacle to prevent back ups.
Remember to contact your local SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties for assistance! We are always here to help!! 336 677 1415
What to do until help arrives: Water damage in Wilkesboro
Water damage in Wilkesboro North Carolina
What should you do or not do if you come home to your Wilkesboro home to find standing water in your home? Follow these tips to stay safe and protect your home.
- Shut off the source! If you don’t know how or where your water shut off is, find it today! If you can not shut it off call a plumber.
- Cut power to wet areas by killing the circuit breakers, assuming the access to the fuse box is safe.
- Mop/shop vac up as much excess water as possible.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Remove and stack furniture cushions to allow air circulation to aid in drying.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of furniture in wet areas.
- Remove and secure valuable and moisture sensitive items
- Secure long draperies out of reach of wet flooring
- Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, 336 677 1415 to help fix your water damage.
- Enter rooms with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Leave books, newspapers, or other colored items on wet flooring to prevent stains.
- Use televisions, computers or other electrical items while standing carpet of flooring.
- Enter rooms with sagging/wet ceilings
- Turn on ceiling fans or lights where ceilings are affected
What about my floors?
This hardwood floor was damaged by a broken supply line.
One of the first questions often asked of SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties technicians when they enter a customer’s home or business is, “does my flooring have to come out?”. A lot of the times that answer is yes. Ultimately this answer comes down to two factors. 1. What type of flooring you have and 2. The source of the water. Most flooring does not react well to contact with water. Almost all of your laminate floorings would require removal regardless of the water source. The same is true of some carpets, especially ones that are latex backed (latex is water soluble). Even when the source of the water is not an issue and you have flooring that will stand up to water damage it still may be necessary to remove your flooring in order to save/prevent damage to your subfloor. The source of water can also have an effect on the ability of the restoration contractor to save your flooring. Clean water (category one) from a broken supply line can sometimes be dried without removal of carpet or pad, but if there is a vapor barrier present (some pad has a plastic lining over it) it will prevent it from drying out and will create the risk of secondary damage and mold growth if left I n place. The same goes for vinyl flooring. The vinyl is a vapor barrier and will prevent the effective drying of materials beneath it. Category two (gray water, think used bath water) and category three (black water, think sewage or flood waters) are significantly more contaminated than category one water. In the case of category three water it is treated as sewage contamination and any flooring contacted would be removed with the exception of ceramic tile, as non porous materials can be cleaned and sanitized. In other words, your technician will make a decision based on a number of factors and then advise you on the recommended course of action to best mitigate your damages and protect your health and safety. Should water damage become at issue at your properties, contact our team at SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties for help, 336 677 1415.
Advance and Bermuda Run Homeowners, do you know what your homeowners policy covers?
Possible coverage issues in Bermuda Run?
Do you know what you homeowners insurance covers? Many of us lay our heads down at night comforted by the knowledge that should something happen to our home it will be covered under our homeowners insurance policy. Homeowners insurance is a must have for anyone that owns a home, whether your have a mortgage or not. Your coverage should bring you considerable piece of mind, but there are things that are not covered on your typical homeowners policy. Some of these items we have covered before, but these issues are so important that we like to revisit them. For Example:
- Earthquakes/Floods. Earthquake coverage has to be purchased as a separate policy or as an add-on to you standard policy. The same goes for flood insurance which must be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Sewage Backups: Sewage backups are not typically covered under your standard policy. Coverage for a sewage back up must be purchased separately. This coverage should be purchased or added to any homeowners policy.
- Termite/Bug damage: Termite and bug damage are considered by the insurance industry to be preventable and as such would not be covered. Make sure you have a termite inspection as a regularly scheduled part of your home maintenance plan.
- Burt Pipes: Most burst pipes are covered as “sudden and accidental” however if your insurance adjuster inspects the damages and determines that it is the result of a lack of maintenance then they would not cover the event.
- Trampolines: Some policies exclude items that they deem to be at a greater risk of causing injury such as trampolines or a diving board at your back yard pool.
In order to make sure you are not exposed to these non-covered items, schedule a meeting with your insurance agent and discuss the specific items covered and not covered. Use this list as a jumping off point to make sure you are protected. As a homeowner in Advance or Bermuda Run you can rest assured that SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties can assist with any water, fire or mold issues you may have. Just call our office at 336 677 1415.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties covers a whole lot more!
Water damage in Roaring Gap NC
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is a long serving restoration franchise located in Yadkinville NC. Our sales territory is defined by the borders of Yadkin and Davie Counties. We have confidently served the communities of East Bend, Yadkinville, Jonesville, Mocksville, Advance and Bermuda Run for the last eight years. We have handled everything from the smallest residential toilet overflow to a flooded 25000 sf two story office building. We are present in each community and spend our advertising dollars locally. You may have seen our banner sponsorships at the local high schools, Starmount, Forbush and the newly completed (2018) Davie High School. SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties also proudly services and supports the communities of Ronda, Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro in Wilkes County, Elkin, Dobson and Mount Airy in Surry County as well as Roaring Gap and Sparta in Alleghany County, Boone and Deep Gap in Watauga Counties and Jefferson and West Jefferson in Ashe County. Don’t let our name fool you, SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is ready and able to service the entire North West corner of North Carolina. We are just a phone call away at 372 West Maple Street Suite A, Yadkinville, 336 677 1415.
A day in the life of a SERVPRO Technician
You never know what your going to get on a water damage.
At SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties no two days are ever the same. In fact, no two water damages are ever the same. Last week we assisted a homeowner in Advance, NC with a flooded crawlspace due to a malfunction with their well pump. Our technicians were not the only residents in the crawlspace. Due to the damp and warm conditions snakes had moved in. As many as five snakes had taken up residence above the insulation. After some critter wrangling by the snake removing professionals the water damage mitigation was resumed. Later in the week we assisted another homeowner with a water damage from a leaking dishwasher in Mocksville, NC. Upon our arrival the homeowner asked that we remove our shoes to perform her mitigation. After explaining our processes for hardwood floor removal and OSHA regulations the homeowner gladly relented and allowed our technicians to remain shod while tearing our her hardwood floors. Safety is always first and foremost for our customers and technicians at SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties. Good thing there were not snakes in the kitchen!
Who is checking behind your mold damages in Bermuda Run?
Mold remediation in Bermuda Run, North Carolina
When you have a mold issue in your home how do you ensure that the issue is resolved correctly? When you select a vendor to assist you with the clean up of a mold issue make sure that your selection does not perform their own clearance testing. You want an independent third party for any pretesting and post remediation clearance to ensure there is no conflict of interest. Any time your contractor is doing their own clearance testing it can create a conflict of interest. Avoid this by selecting your testing firm and contractor separately. SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties asks that their customers reach out to a third party to complete the mold testing and removal scope prior to beginning the mold remediation in Yadkinville, Bermuda Run or Mocksville. Upon completion the customer will contact the testing contractor to do a post remediation test to ensure that the indoor environment had been returned to level that is acceptable. This provides the customer and the mold contractor with a third party document that states that the indoor fungal ecology has been restored. If your contractor is doing their own testing it can tempted to skew the results in a favorable way. You selection of a outside party to conduct your mold resting prevents this conflict of interest.
Restoration certifications for contractors?
IICRC certified in Mocksville NC
The IICRC is the leading sanctioning body for the restoration industry. The Institute for Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification is a standard setting and educational organization to ensure that technicians working in the water, fire and mold damage industry have the technical knowledge to perform their advertised work.
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties technicians have earned the following IICRC certifications:
- WRT: Water Restoration Technician. This certification provides education for technicians in the restoration of a water damage using the science of drying. It also covers basics in containing and removing mold growth and sewage contamination.
- ASD: Applied Structural Drying. Applied Structural Drying. This Certification provides advanced concepts behind evaporation as well as hands on drying application with equipment.
- CDS: Commercial Drying Specialist. This certification teaches technicians advanced concepts related to building structure and construction along with advanced psychometric concepts to allow them to manage even the most complex commercial water damages.
- AMRT: Applied Microbial Remediation Technician. This certification covers the safe remediation of sewage and mold damages with emphasis on homeowner and technician safety while ensuring the structure is safe and inhabitable.
- FSRT/OCT: Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician and Odor Control technician. These combined certifications cover the technical aspect of fire and soot restoration as well as eliminating the odors left from a fire damage. Odor control from biological sources such as decomposition is also addressed.
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties also have trained AMRT bio hazard removal technicians available to address any trauma or crime scene restoration needs.
Most residential contractors do not possess these certifications. Make sure you entrust your home or business to certified professionals.
If you live in the Mocksville area make sure that your remediation contractor posses the skills and knowledge to treat your individual loss, whether it is fire, water, mold or bio hazard. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties makes sure that their technicians are fully trained and continually certified to deliver state of the industry mitigation. 336 677 1415
Is my Sewage Back up covered under my Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners Coverage in Advance and Bermuda Run NC
If you experience a sewage back up into your home from a blocked drain line or septic tank will your homeowners policy cover the clean up and resulting damage? The answer is, no, if you do not have a sewage rider. A rider is additional coverage for an event not typically covered in your homeowner’s policy. Sewage back up is one of the situations that is not covered in your basic homeowners policy. That means you need to have a specific conversation concerning your coverage for this type of event with your agent. Because of the risks involved in handling and treating raw sewage the cost of the cleanup tends to run higher than a typical water damage. Items that can typically be cleaned and dried in a normal water damage (not sewage related) must be removed and disposed of when contaminated by sewage. All homeowners in the Advance and Bermuda Run area need a sewage rider added to their coverage to ensure they are protected from a particularly costly and potentially dangerous event. Have a conversation with your agent today to address your exposure to a sewage loss as well as other items that are not covered in a typical homeowners policy. See our earlier bog post concerning things not typically covered by homeowners insurance. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, 1 336 677 1415 to assist with your water damage needs.
What was the source of my water damage?
Water categories in Bermuda Run NC.
Did you know that water damages are separated into three categories depending on the source of the water? These categories define the relative contamination levels contained in the water and the relative danger it poses to occupants. The three categories are:
Category 1: Clean water, water from a broken supply pipe. Category 1 water contains no contamination and does not pose a threat to occupants.
Category 2: Category two water contains a significant degree of contaminants and could cause discomfort/illness when occupants are exposed to them. Examples of category two water include overflow from washing machines and or dishwashers.
Category 3: Category three water is grossly unsanitary and can cause severe discomfort/sickness. Sources of category three water are sewage back flows, flood waters.
Category one and category two water that is not removed from a home expediently can progress to a category three contamination level. This makes time very important when a homeowner in Bermuda Run is deciding on whether or not to involve a restoration contractor. Make sure you call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, (1 336 677 1415) quickly to ensure that your Bermuda Run water damage is re mediated quickly and correctly to protect your home and loved ones.
All three categories require different levels of care to be sure that the occupants of your home are protected from the dangers they can harbor. Make sure that your restoration contractor knows the difference, call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, (1 336 677 1415) today.
Biohazard Crime Scene Cleanups
Biohazard and Crime Scene Cleanup in Mocksville NC
What happens when the police and EMS are gone and the homeowner is left to deal with the after effects of a traumatic event, such as a suicide or murder? SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties provides bio hazard and crime scene cleaning while understanding the traumatic nature of these events.
The aftermath of a suicide or similar situation is very emotional for the loved ones involved. By calling SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties you can be reassured that you as the customer, your property and belongings will be treated with dignity and respect.
Because of the high exposure risk to bloodborne pathogens, biohazard remediation is a specialty service that requires proper training, equipment, certification, and licensing. Calling SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties will ensure that the proper care and attention is paid to the emotional and environmental consequences of the remediation.
In most situations the event and resulting clean up is covered under your homeowner’s policy.
Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties today, 336 677 1415.
Hidden water damage potential in Advance NC
Hose Bib, Hillsdale Baptist Church, Advance NC
Do you know what a hose bib is and what it is designed to do. A hose bib is most often used as an outdoor spigot. The shut of valve in a hose bib is designed to be inside the wall cavity away from the mouth of the spigot to prevent your outdoor spigot from freezing. Many homeowners in Advance NC forget about their outdoor spigots as it moves towards winter time and they fail to remove their garden house. What happens with the garden hose attached when the temps begin to fall in to the teens and single digits? As we all know when water freezes it expands. The water in your hose freezes an pushes back into the hose bib and can cause this section of pipe to freeze and burst that its in front of the cutoff valve. So now the homeowner has a burst pipe that they are not even aware of. The hole in the pipe will not become evident until they turn on their spigot in the spring time and water begins to flow from the hole into the wall cavity. The moral of this story is to always disconnect your garden hoses from your outdoor spigots before the temperature drops. This will prevent this from happening to you!
If you find yourself this spring with water pouring out of your wall behind your outdoor spigot then call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties 336 677 1415
Five things not covered by Homeowners insurance
Do you know what is covered under your homeowners policy?
Many homeowners in North Carolina assume that their homeowners insurance covers them from any and all damages. This false sense of security can lead them into situations where their coverage is insufficient or nonexistent. I have listed five areas where many homeowners assume they are covered but are not. Have a conversation with you agent to address any areas where you may be overexposed.
Mold: Your standard homeowner’s policy in the state of North Carolina only covers mold up to $5000.00 in damages. Some states have different policy limits for mold or exclude coverage all together. The best way to prevent mold is to be proactive in stopping any water intrusion. If you have a leak, get it dried out professionally as soon as possible. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties for help with your water issues at 336 677 1415.
Sewer Backup: Sewer backups are not covered by your standard homeowner’s policy. Make sure you have a sewage backup endorsement of a sufficient amount to cover any potential losses. $5000.00 in sewage backup coverage will be gone in a hurry if your entire finished basement is flooded with two inches of sewage.
Earthquake: You standard homeowner’s policy will not cover damage from earth movement. Surprisingly, the East coast of the United States has a number of active fault lines. Make sure you understand your risk from an earthquake and have a conversation with your agent about appropriate coverage.
Flood: Water on the ground from rain or a storm/hurricane event coming into your home is not covered. Flood insurance can be purchased separately through FEMA and the National Flood Insurance Program .
Damage from Construction Work: If you are remodeling your home, a standard homeowner’s policy won’t cover any damage done to your home by a contractor. When you hire a contractor, make sure they carry sufficient liability insurance.
Commercial water damage in Yadkinville
This water damage was due to a broken riser supplying the fire suppression system.
When a 25,000 square office building for a local textile company in Yadkinville experienced a broken eight inch water riser they understood that prompt reaction was important to minimize their business interruption. They called SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties for help with the water removal and dry out. SERVPRO crews were onsite in less than one hour to begin the extraction of what was estimated to be 150,000 gallons of water from the broken riser. Because of the source of the water, it was considered category two contamination. Category two contamination requires the use of antimicrobials and cleaning to ensure that the affected areas is cleaned to IICRC standards. A SERVPRO large loss team was dispatched at the request of the franchise to assist with the size and scope of the loss, ensuring that the business interruption was minimized. Equipment including 38 dehumidifiers and 200 airmovers were used to quickly bring the moisture levels down in the building and return it to a dry condition. When complete, the dry out took seven days and was completed with zero interruption to their business. To ensure that your commercial business is able to minimize interruption from a fire or water damage make sure to contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties as soon as the damage happens.
To clean or not to clean?
Potential contaminants present in a plumbing back flow need to be sanitized professionally
When the toilet backs up and floods your office do you have the maintenance man come and clean it up? Many times this is the first choice of a unit or business manager. If they stopped and considered the potential for contamination and illness they may consider having it professionally cleaned and sanitized. Any plumbing back up that originates beyond the P trap is considered to be category three water. Category three water is considered "grossly contaminated and can cause significant adverse reactions to humans if contacted". If this category three water flows into the carpet and under the walls how do you remove the contamination and sanitize your work space? In this case, your maintenance guy with a shop vacuum and a fan is not going to do the trick and in fact may make the problem worse. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties has the training and equipment to sanitize your sewage contamination so that the health and safety of your employees are not jeopardized. Specialized procedures are used to contain the contaminated area and prevent the spread of the contaminants to other areas. A combination of cleaning and antimicrobial application as well as the removal of porous materials will ensure that your employees are protected from any potential contact with the contaminants. Call us to today 336 677 1415 if you have any questions or concerns about your water damage.
Take the steps to protect you home and outbuildings from the hazards associated with spontaneous combustion.
Do you know what spontaneous combustion is? Spontaneous combustion is an exothermic reaction whereby a fuel source (oily rags, wet hay) undergoes self heating, resulting in a rapidly accelerated temperature increase and ignition. Many a poor farmer has lost his barn after not allowing his hay to adequately dry before storing it in the barn. Likewise, many a do it yourselfer has piled his oily rags in a corner in the garage. If he is lucky he discovers them smoking and puts them out. If he is not lucky he burns down his garage and possibly his home. When storing oily rags do so in a fireproof airtight container. If that is not possible place them in a bucket of water with a surfactant to break down the oily contaminants. Do not pile up oily rags or steel wool that have been used to distribute solvent based material. Farmers, make sure your hay has been adequately teddered and air dried prior to bailing to protect yourself from the hazards of spontaneous combustion. Take these steps to protect your homes and out buildings from fire hazards. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at 336 677 1415 if you have suffered the effects of fire damage to begin you mitigation and restoration immediately.
Water Damage and Your HVAC System
This homeowner's condensate pump overflowed and damaged the ceiling in the master bath.
In the North Carolina area, we are approaching season changes from summer to fall, then winter. Our present use of an HVAC system is to keep us cool until we switch over to our heating environment. With the constant use of our heating and air conditioning systems, they should be monitored for any potential damage that can lead to significant problems. For instance, a clogged condensate drain pipe can make an HVAC system drain pan overflow. The drain pipe is one of the most frequent causes of water removal repairs in our area. Drain pipe fittings can become disconnected from the unit and allow the condensate to drain through the ceiling to the floor. A malfunctioning or dirty pump can also cause extensive water leakage. When the drain pipe becomes clogged, the water will quickly back up the line and then into the drain pan. The water fills up the pan until it overflows. A malfunctioning condensate pump can cause water leakage from heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system, flooding the basement or attic. Due to the continuous presence of water, mold can grow inside the unit, causing it to become clogged. Additional damages caused by heating and air conditioning units, involves wet soggy carpets, ceiling collapse or drywall damage. Other issues that can create water damage from an HVAC system includes low refrigerant, no-trap and air vent in the drain line and condensate buildup in a ductwork system that is not properly insulated. If you want to make sure that your system is operating well and is not about to flood your home, give SERVPRO a call to prevent any risk of water damage issues. When properly maintained, your HVAC system provides a comfortable indoor environment year-round. But, if your HVAC system does present problems, call the experts - SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties. We are close neighbors because we are locally owned and operated. Our professional technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us today at (336)677 1415.
This warehouse in Mocksville NC was flooded by a broken water supply line. All documents were restored and preserved.
Whether it affects your home or business, Water damage can leave a soggy mess behind. Paper files, documents, books, photographs and artworks on paper can be ruined if quick, proper action is not taken. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties can respond within hours of your call to begin the process of saving and restoring all of your irreplaceable papers.
We have five processes that we can use to restore water-damaged paper materials:
• Air Drying - This is simply laying the items out to dry in the air, often with the addition of a fan to keep the air circulating. This can be effective if you only have a few items, but it is too slow and takes too much space to be the top choice for most jobs.
• Dehumidification - Dehumidification is the process of placing the water damaged wet items in a container and lowering the humidity of the air in the container. The dry air pulls the water out of the documents. Sometimes this is done in association with freezing; freezing wet items stops the growth of any mold or mildew until the drying can take place.
• Freezer Drying - this process of freezing wet documents is effective, but it may leave the papers distorted and cupped.
• Vacuum Freeze Drying - This is freeze drying in a vacuum chamber. The vacuum allows the frozen water to be pulled from the papers as vapor. This method often results in the least possible distortion of paper, but it may not be the best for photographs or leather bound books.
• Vacuum Thermal Drying - This is similar to vacuum freeze-drying, except it takes place at temperatures above 32 degrees. The papers will be wet during the drying process, and they may lose flexibility.
While no restoration process can promise to return your documents and papers to their original condition, knowing which method is best for books, photographs, watercolor paintings and printed documents will go a long way toward preserving the usefulness of the items. Water damage, as you can see, takes on many forms.
When you discover that papers, books and photographs have been affected by Water Damage, remember these tips to avoid causing further harm:
• Glossy paper should be your first priority. It is especially likely to stick together, and the sheets or pages should be separated if possible while you wait for professional advice.
• Avoid touching the surface of wet photographs.
• Do not wipe mud or sludge off of wet paper as this could smear the print. After the documents have been dried, the material can be easily brushed off.
Seeing your business records or family photographs soggy and grimy after a flood event can be devastating, but you may be surprised by what can be saved with quick intervention. Our certified IICRC technicians' equipment, experience, and training can restore your water-logged possessions. Give SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties a call at 336 677 1415; our fast response and expert methods will maximize the chances that your records, books, and photos will be preserved.
Whether you are in Bermuda Run, Advance, Mocksville, Yadkinville, East Bend, Jonesville, Wilkesboro or North Wilkesboro, SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties can ensure your documents and business are restored to a pre-loss condition. Our faster response time and equipment inventory will ensure that your business interruption is kept to a minimum. Call us today for any Fire Damage, Water Damage or Mold Damage issues.
Different Types of Storm Damage
This house in Winston Salem NC, had a tree fall during a storm on the fourth of July. Resulting in rain water entering the home.
There are several types of storm damage including wind, flooding, or even fire. Flooding can cause extensive amounts of damage to your home, and lightning can create fires while high winds can cause many issues to the structure of your home.
The damage which results from extremely high winds is quite easy to see most of the time. Nowadays, roof shingles are designed better than their predecessors regarding their resistance to wind and the ever-increasing knowledge and standards. There is many times little can be done to prevent damage by wind in conditions that are very extreme. Roofs that are wind-damaged usually appear to be affected only in certain spots. The edges or perimeter of the roof are affected by high winds easily, since the edge of a roof is quite prone to lifting.
Round dings in metal are clear signs of hail damage. Determining whether your roof has suffered damage from a hail storm, however, could be a bit more challenging. After hail hits the roof, it knocks off the protective granules where the hail has hit, and these areas of damage are the sources of leaks in the roof in the future if it is not fixed within a few years’ time.
Snow causes most of its damage from the weight of it, which immensely increases when ice, rain and sleet are added to it. On an average-sized roof, two feet of snow can weigh the equivalent of thirty-eight thousand pounds or nineteen tons. The obvious sign many times that a roof is about to fail is if it is sagging.
The functionality of a lot of gutter and roof systems are affected by the temperatures that fluctuate, making the snow melt then refreeze on the edge of the roof. This makes a dam which the water cannot pass through, meaning that as more snow melts off the roof and trickles down, it gets blocked by an ice dam and makes a puddle. Since roofs were not made to handle standing water, especially as the water line and growing puddle move up the roof, the water can seep through small openings in the roof into your home or attic.
Rain and Flood Damage
Water running out of a typical water drainage basin due to overflowing from a storm can wreak havoc on your property. Streams, creeks, rivers or lakes which overflow, flash floods, a storm surge or a tsunami are all examples of flood damage that are possible.
Flooding can cause damage to your property including your foundation and drywall damage. Most of the time the drywall will need to be removed and replaced. The flooding can also cause mold to grow on the property due to standing or hidden water, such as inside the walls. This should be taken care of as soon as possible, usually by a professional storm damage restoration company as mold can cause a serious health risk to you and your family.
Call an Expert
At the first sign of damage contact SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties, 336 677 1415. They use specialized equipment and technology to tackle any storm damage to your property. They will be able to restore your property back to normal.
Why You Need Professional Soot Damage Restoration Services
This home in Advance NC was the victim of a lightning strike that burned through the homes natural gas line.
Why You Need Professional Soot Damage Restoration Services
One of the most difficult household issues a homeowner must grapple with following a fire is soot damage. Unfortunately, house fires create large amounts of soot, and this smoke component can destroy your property in numerous ways. For this reason, it is crucial for you to attain high quality, effective restoration services once you realize soot is present on your property. Learn more about the efficacy of restoration services by reviewing this short outline:
The Importance Of Getting Professional Assistance
There are various reasons why it is beneficial to obtain professional assistance when you realize there is soot on your property. For example, hiring a team of trained restoration contractors enables the specialists to address numerous issues at the same time. When the team can address and resolve water, fire, and smoke damage simultaneously, the restoration process is expedited so that you can resume abiding in your private living space much sooner.
Another reason that finding a restoration team is vital results from the fact that fires typically leave excess standing water on your property. This water damage happens from the extinguishing work of the fire department. If you do not have a team of professionals remove the excess water immediately, you create the ideal conditions for mold to flourish in. Once this happens, you and your loved ones could be subjected to numerous unwanted health issues. Some of them include asthma attacks, vision problems, lung complications, and respiratory issues.
Avoiding DIY Projects
In many cases, residential property owners will note the presence of soot in their home and attempt to clear it away on their own. This is never a prudent course of action. In fact, there are numerous health hazards presented by both fires and the soot they leave behind. As a result of this reality, your attempt to remove soot from your property can lead to the onset of illness or injury.
Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties For Excellent, Expedient Soot Damage Restoration
When soot damage has impacted your home, there's no time to waste. You need to attain fast, efficient restoration services. The company to call when you want the job done quickly and correctly is SERVPRO. Our IICRC-certified experts possess extensive experience in the damage restoration industry, and we're pleased to offer 24/7 emergency services for your convenience. We're ready to assist you right now, so contact us today!
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties 336 677 1415
Serving the communities of: Mocksville, Bermuda Run, Advance, Cooleemee, Yadkinville, East Bend, Jonesville, Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro, Roaring Gap, Sparta, Jefferson, West Jefferson
Water Damage Remediation Mistakes: What You Need To Know
Water will seek out the path of least resistance, this home in Lewisville NC had water in the ceiling and walls from an overhead leak.
Water damage is one of the most difficult household issues that a residential property owner may have to handle. Unfortunately, the restoration process can complicate the difficulties produced by water damage if it is not completed quickly and correctly. Nevertheless, learning more about the potential problems that can result from ineffective water damage restoration work can empower homeowners to make smart decisions that whip their homes back into great shape:
What Can Go Wrong?
There are three primary problems that can complicate or limit the efficacy of water damage remediation services. Some of them include:
1. Failing To Locate All Of The Moisture.
One of the problems that can transpire during the water damage remediation process is a failure to locate all of the existing moisture. As remediation experts know, water is capable of traveling throughout the entire home, and it is not always easy to find all of it. In the event that you attempt to finish the water damage cleanup process by yourself, you can count on overlooking, at least, a few areas where the water has begun to reside. Moreover, hiring a remediation contractor who does not complete the initial moisture assessment accurately will preclude him or her from exacting the drying efforts correctly.
2. Not Drying To Completion.
Another issue that can surface during the water damage remediation process is a failure to dry the property completely. You will be able to tell that the property has not been thoroughly dried when you note that your drywall begins to stain, warp, or bubble. If your property is not dried completely following water damage, you make your living space susceptible to water damage.
3. Improper Drying.
One final issue you may encounter during the water damage remediation process is improper drying. This scenario can surface when the evaporated moisture is not collected and disposed of through proper use of dehumidifiers. Improper drying typically results when a homeowner attempts to complete the process with fans. Although the water will evaporate in the air, it will then travel to another area of the property and get that region wet.
Call SERVPRO Immediately
As made clear by the information noted above, several issues can surface during the water damage remediation process. The key to ensuring that the process is completed correctly is hiring a team of trained, professional water damage restoration experts. The company to call is SERVPRO. All of our IICRC-certified professionals will provide you with the precise, detail-oriented services that remove all water and restore your property to its original condition. We're ready to assist you immediately, so call us today at 336-677-1415.
Restoring indoor airquality in Advance, NC
2100 CFM air scrubber with HEPA filtration
When you are mitigating an expansive mold problem the correct equipment is imperative to restoring indoor air quality. Hepa filtration removes mold spores and particulates down to .3 microns. A Low Grain Refrigerant Dehumidifier will ensure that the indoor relative humidity remains below 60% and will remove "bound water" from the saturated building materials. Make sure you mold contractor has the correct equipment and knowledge to return your home to a normal fungal ecology. The technician's at SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties are IICRC certified in drying indoor environments and mold remediation to ensure your home is safe and free of elevated levels of harmful mold spores. Physical removal of the mold growth and spores is the key to effective mold remediaiton and the restoration of your home to a normal fungal ecology. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties to ensure that your mold job is handeled correctly.
Helpful Mold Tips from the EPA
Mold mitigation in Advance North Carolina
Mold Cleanup in Your Home
A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home
If you already have a mold problem - ACT QUICKLY. Mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows, the more damage it can cause.
Who should do the cleanup depends on a number of factors. One consideration is the size of the mold problem. If the moldy area is less than about 10 square feet (less than roughly a 3 ft. by 3 ft. patch), in most cases, you can handle the job yourself, follow the Mold Cleanup Tips and Techniques. However:If there has been a lot of water damage, and/or mold growth covers more than 10 square feet, consult EPA guide Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. Although focused on schools and commercial buildings, this document is applicable to other building types.If you choose to hire a contractor (or other professional service provider) to do the cleanup, make sure the contractor has experience cleaning up mold. Check references and ask the contractor to follow the recommendations in EPA guide Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings, the guidelines of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygenists (ACGIH), or other guidelines from professional or government organizations such as the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC).If you suspect that the heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) system may be contaminated with mold (it is part of an identified moisture problem, for instance, or there is mold near the intake to the system), consult EPA guide Should You Have the Air Ducts in Your Home Cleaned? before taking further action. Do not run the HVAC system if you know or suspect that it is contaminated with mold - it could spread mold throughout the building.If the water and/or mold damage was caused by sewage or other contaminated water, then call in a professional who has experience cleaning and fixing buildings damaged by contaminated water.If you have health concerns, consult a health professional before starting cleanup.*
When and why you need a water damage specialist?
When and why you need a water damage specialist?
Flooded basements are common after excessive rains in the Western Piedmont of North Carolina. This basement of this home in Wilkesboro, NC flooded during the rains from a tropical storm. Often times water that moves across the ground before entering your home is not covered under your homeowners policy. These Flood waters are classified by the IICRC as Category Three, Grossly contaminated, requiring specialized cleaning procedures and antimicrobials to ensure the return of your home to sanitary state. Your local carpet cleaner may be able to remove the standing water, but are they trained and qualified to remove the resulting contaminants to ensure the safety of your family? Our technicians have the equipment and training to make your home "Like it never even happened." Make sure you entrust your restoration needs to a qualified contractor. Call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties at 336 677 1415.
Frozen Pipes, Roaring Gap
Results of frozen pipes in Roaring Gap, NC.
Vacation homes often sit vacant for extended periods of time, particularly in the colder months. This increases the likelihood of any damages going undiscovered for a longer period of time. This vacation home in Roaring Gap, NC was the victim of multiple frozen pipes. The water ran for more than three weeks before the homeowner discovered the damages. If you are leaving your property for an extended period of time make sure to winterize your home. Close the water supply, shutoff and drain the hot water heater and add RV antifreeze to your sinks, toilets and bathtubs. This can minimize your risk from a catastrophic plumbing failure due to freezing temperatures. Always maintain the heat in your home at a level that will protect from the freezing temperature. Failure to maintain heat is a common coverage issue for property owners filing a water damage claim for frozen pipes. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties was able to dry the home and ready it for rebuild.
Flooded Basement in Advance NC
Flooded Basement in Advance, NC
This home in Advance NC developed numerous pipe leaks as the copper pipes deteriorated over time. When the homeowner went to service her HVAC air handler she discovered that her basement had flooded with 20" of water. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties was called in to clean and dry the home. Water that flows across the soil in your crawlspace is grossly contaminated and is treated with the same standard as raw sewage (called Category Three Water by the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, IICRC). This water originated in an unfinished area of the crawlspace and flowed into the basement HVAC room. The finished basement HVAC room had to be cleaned and sanitized of the contaminants Both the basement and the adjacent crawlspace were dried out "Like it never even happened."
Flooded Church Basement in Mocksville, NC
This Church basement in Mocksville, NC was filled with silt and other pollutants from rain water runoff.
A Church Basement in Mocksville, NC was prone to flooding from drainage issues, rendering the fellowship hall and Sunday school classes unusable for extended periods. After repeated floodings a church representative called SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties. After a thorough wash and cleaning conducted to IICRC standards the Church was ready for Homecoming Services, "Like it never even happened".
Storm water runoff is often contaminated with sewage, fertilizers and other contaminants that make it harmful to people. Leave the cleanup to the professionals!
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties can provide your church with an Emergency Readiness Plan designed to minimize your business interruption by centralizing your critical contacts along with the locations of electrical/gas shutoffs into a ready available document. This ensures that in times of crisis, all critical personnel, sub contractors and utilities are identified and contacted.
Damaged Documents and Records
Water Damaged Document Restoration
- Did you know that SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties can restore water damaged documents and records?
- Through a process called sublimation (freeze drying) the damaged documents can be saved and restored for your future needs.
- Hippa compliance is maintained through out, ensuring a documented chain of custody and secure storage.
- Take steps to protect and store your documents in ways that minimize the likelihood of damage from a water leak. Store the documents on shelving at least 4" above the floor.
- Whether you have mold damage or a sewage backup your documents can be saved and cleaned of any contaminants.
- If your business is damaged by water or fire call SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties for help 24/7 at 336 677 1415.
Biohazard cleanup for Yadkinville, Mocksville, Advance NC.
Bio Hazard Clean up in Bermuda Run NC.
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties is pleased to announce the addition of Biohazard and Crime Scene/Trauma cleanup to its list of services. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties has ABRA certified technicians ready to respond to any biohazard, crime scene or trauma cleanup in the Mocksville, Advance, Yadkinville area. Our technicians are able to clean and sanitize often graphic scenes while insuring that ABRA and OSHA standards are followed. This ensures that your liability as a landlord or property manager are minimized by protecting your current and future occupants. All technicians are vaccinated and current on all standards as they regard to the transportation and handling of Bio Hazardous Materials in the state of North Carolina. Let the ABRA certified professionals at SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties assist you in your time of need.