Enjoy World Class Golf and World-Class Wine In Advance
Advance Is The Ideal Place For Leisure and Fine Living
Sometimes, you need to escape the big city for a quiet country retreat. If you are in the mood for a little relaxation, Advance is the place for you.
Advance is a small, friendly, unincorporated community in North Carolina, with a population of just 1,138. The area is replete with world-class golf courses, local wineries, historical sites, and plenty of places to relax and enjoy a slow pace of life.
Get Ready For Time On The Green
One of the biggest attractions of the Advance area is its range of excellent golf courses. Relax and forget all your worries as you enjoy time outside on the course, perfecting your swing and enjoying beautiful natural surroundings. Some of the popular courses in the area include:
- Salem Glen Country Club is an eighteen-hole semi-private course, which Nicklaus designed. The course is suitable for golfers at a wide variety of skill levels and is well-kept. The peaceful countryside surroundings make for a lovely laid-back round. If you need a mid-round rest break or want to finish your game with a good meal or a few beers, the Grill At The Glen restaurant offers high-quality local food for hungry golfers.
- Tanglewoods Golf is a public golf course that features two courses – the Reynolds course and the Championship course. That means there is something for all abilities. Tanglewoods is set in the country estate of William Neal Reynolds, who gave the area to Forsyth County people for use as a public park. As well as the golf courses, there are nature walks through woodlands and beside streams. There are plenty of activities for all the family, and places to walk the dog or for the kids to play, you can bring everyone for a pleasant day out.
- Colin Creek Golf Club is a hidden gem of a course that is challenging enough for most players while still providing plenty of fun. It is a mature course set in lovely natural surroundings, and most visitors agree that it is both reasonably priced and has a pleasant, laid-back pace of play—ideal for a relaxing day of golf that will still sharpen your skills. The course is public.
- Pudding Ridge Golf Course is set on an old dairy farm. The quiet surroundings include lakes that will challenge golfers as they figure out the best route! Pudding Ridge has a tremendous warm-up area to practice before the main course and is a nicely affordable public course. There is also a clubhouse where you can grab a sandwich and a beverage to refresh you.
Relax With Fine Wine
After you have finished golfing you are sure to need some refreshment! Luckily the Advance area is rich in fine wines, with many visitors returning every year to sample the best vintages. Be sure to check out:
- RayLen Vineyards & Winery offers excellent wine in a charming rustic setting. The estate was a dairy farm for almost a century and is now a productive and well-liked vineyard and winery. Visitors are welcome to drive the property and admire the 35,000 grape vines surrounded by lush, rolling scenery. The tasting room offers the chance to try the best wines in their repertoire, guided by a knowledgeable tasting host. RayLen also offers private functions and special events such as evening music with food trucks or wine and chocolate pairing events.
- Chestnut Trail Vineyard is a family-owned business producing delicious wines from organic grapes. All wines are muscadine wine. You will feel like you are visiting with friends as you enjoy the wines from the cozy tasting room attached to the owners’ residence. Relax on the porch to enjoy your wine, or take a stroll and admire the Peruvian Paso horses they raise. Keep an eye out for their Music on the Porch events too, where you can listen to local bands while sipping your muscadine.
- Yadkin Valley Wine Tours is the ideal choice if you cannot decide which winery to visit. Yadkin Valley Wine Tours staff are very knowledgeable about the area’s wineries and design a personalized tour to suit your palate. Most tours can take in four vineyards in a day, so you can enjoy a wide range of wines (and most vineyards also offer delicious snacks to pair with them.
Enjoy A Historic Cookie Recipe
The Advance area is not just about the wine – you can also treat yourself to delicious home-made cookies. Mrs. Hanes Moravian Cookie Factory is the place to go for the freshest cookies around. Every single cookie is hand-rolled and cut to a secret recipe that has been in their family for generations. Moravian cookies are famous in areas with a rich Moravian history, like North Carolina. Moravian is one of the oldest protestant denominations in the world, originating in the fifteenth century. The cookies are part of a long tradition of creating nativity scenes and inviting friends and neighbors to view the location and partake of some festive spiced cookies.
Visitors can watch the process through the viewing windows and, of course, sample some of the wares. You can also take a tour if you book ahead.
SERVPRO Deals With Stubborn Soot After A Kitchen Fire
Whether you are a 9th generation baker with a thriving business or a hobbyist who bakes at home for fun, fire safety in the kitchen is essential. You should always:
- Supervise food and do not leave it simmering unattended.
- Make sure there are no trailing wires, towels, or other obstructions over the stovetop.
- Keep kids and pets away from the kitchen – use a door gate if necessary.
- Be careful when handling hot oil.
- Take precautions – install a smoke detector and get an appropriate fire extinguisher. Please make sure everyone in the house knows how to use it.
If you suffer a kitchen fire, getting rid of soot stains is one of the biggest challenges. Kitchen fires produce incredibly sticky soot. If you are not careful, it is all too easy to smear it across the surface and make the problem worse. That is why you should call SERVPRO at once. We train our technicians to handle soot cleanup. Our team will scrub and wipe away the soot until there are no traces left, leaving your home, “Like it never even happened.”
For help with fire damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.