What Deodorization Tools Work Best After a Fire?
Our SERVPRO Team has Multiple Odor Removal Tools to Help You Breathe Easier After a Fire in Your Advance Home.
Removing harsh odors from your house left behind after a fire can be a substantial obstacle for even experienced restoration professionals. Without the appropriate premier equipment and potent deodorizing products, many of the trapped odors throughout your Advance home might never get neutralized. Our professionals have experience and a fast response to provide effective odor removal for the residence.
Odors are among the most challenging of fire damages to Advance homes and businesses. Unlike residues and ash that are visible and can be more easily tracked throughout a residence, odors can move freely through space, even traveling through openings like the HVAC system to impact otherwise undamaged areas of your household. Our team has the tools and expertise to help.
What Is a Common Fire Odor Removal Tool?
There are several choices when it comes to odor removal in your home after a fire. Choosing the right tool can make the overall process more efficient and cost-effective, so it is not a consideration that happens lightly. During job scoping with our project manager, it can often get determined where specific deodorization approaches might work the best. Thermal fogging and ULV fogging are two approaches that offer a fast and efficient neutralization to many of the affected open areas and materials within the structure. Foggers are:
- Suitable for Smaller Spaces
- Safe for Use Around Living Things
Do Hydroxyl Generators Help Fire Odors?
Though versatile, foggers cannot always handle the full measure of the deodorization that a household requires after a fire. Another option is the hydroxyl generator. These stationary units can be a benefit to deodorization in a damaged residence for several reasons. These include:
- Onboard HEPA Filtration – Pulling contaminated air through the device can help to filter out debris and other solids from the environment. In many cases, air pulled across the HEPA filter can catch particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Dual-Purpose – Hydroxyl machines are a standard choice in deodorization for fire-damaged homes because they can also help to clean up the area. Using an ultraviolet spectrum that interacts with water particles in the atmosphere, we can offer a thorough cleaning of the environment as well as deodorization.
- Safe to Use in Occupied Homes – Unlike some of the odor neutralizing equipment and approaches out there, hydroxyls do not require families exposed to relocate.
What Makes Ozone Generators a Strong Deodorizing Choice?
Generating ozone can be a hazardous situation to get exposed to, but this process continues to be one of the most effective approaches to neutralizing smoke and burning odors after a fire. These machines work to split oxygen into single unstable molecules that bond with odor compounds and neutralize them or destroy the entire newly formed compound. There are numerous reasons why ozone machines are one of the top choices for even our SERVPRO professionals after a fire loss. These include:
- Preferred Method in Warehouse Recovery – With an ozone chamber in our nearby warehouse, we can offer effective deodorization for removed contents in your home. The size of the chamber allows our technicians to restore several objects and furniture simultaneously.
- Gaseous State – Much like the advantages of thermal fogging, ozone can move like a vapor in the environment, absorbing into porous materials and neutralizing trapped odors. This gaseous state allows the deodorizing substance produced to spread rapidly throughout the damaged area to help.
- Requires No Extra Products – One of the ways that this deodorizing equipment gets set apart is its ability to neutralize odors without supplying a potent product to do this work. The production of ozone and its unstable nature eliminates foul odors on contact.
Will Odors Go Away on Their Own?
A common misconception with fire losses is that smoke and burning odors can completely dissipate with enough ventilation and time. Trapped odors in cooled materials like drywall and flooring can release smoke and burning odors should these structural elements get exposed to higher temperatures again. Professional odor removal can ensure that these foul scents get removed from the house and stay gone.
Fire losses can produce many substantial obstacles for a homeowner to get their property back to its original condition. Despite these hurdles, our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team can help with adequate equipment and experience. When you want to make fire losses “Like it never even happened,” give us a call today at (336) 677-1415.