Archived Why SERVPRO Blog Posts
SERVPRO 'Tis the Resource for the Season
SERVPRO of D&Y offers 24/7 emergency services even during the holidays - because the best gift we could receive is your safety!
Christmas trees are the staple icon of the holiday season, and have long been the chosen decor source of light, warmth and comfort. Unfortunately, Christmas trees, both real and fake, also exist as the staple seasonal fire hazard for SERVPROs, firefighters, emergency services, and hospitals across the country - as many people are not aware of the hazard they pose if not cared for correctly.
Did you know that firefighters respond to roughly 160 home fires caused by Christmas trees each Holiday season, resulting in over $10 million in property damages? Over half of these are the result of faulty electrical distribution in Christmas lights, made considerably worse by a dehydrated and dry tree.
Fortunately, proper care can protect Christmas trees, and prevent their merry perception from going up in flames. Trees are NOT dangerous when cared for properly, so check out these easy steps to ensure the safety of you, your family and your home this season.
- Use of lights that produce low heat, such as miniature lights, will reduce drying of the tree
- Always inspect light sets prior to placing them on the tree. If worn, replace with a new set
- Do not overload electrical circuits
- Always turn off the lights when leaving the house or when going to bed
- Monitor the tree for freshness. After Christmas or if the tree is dry, remove it from the house
- Find a recycling program near you to properly dispose of the tree
- Never burn any part of a Christmas tree in a wood stove or fireplace
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties wishes everyone a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season. If your tree decides to become aglow with flames rather than twinkle lights, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Even during the holidays, we offer 24/7 emergency services - because your safety is always our top priority.
This is just another reason why SERVPRO should always be your go-to disaster mitigation and emergency service resource.
Why Do Advance Residents Need Skilled Mold Damage Remediation?
SERVPRO's skilled technicians have the tools and experience to put an end to your homes mold damage.
SERVPRO Offers Advance Property Owners Careful, Efficient Mold Damage Assistance for Best Results
When it comes to mold inspections, remediations, and removal, you may not know where to begin. Should you spot mold growth in your Advance home, it is best to talk with trained mold specialists rather than attempting DIY cleanup. Since mold can cause health effects and disruption can lead to spores spreading, you will always find that calling in SERVPRO will be the only way to get the mold remediation process going.
Why is mold damage in Advance an urgent issue? Allowing mold to fester and grow can lead to health effects as well as costly secondary damage. Whether you have black mold developing in your bathroom or you have attic mold, SERVPRO has protocols in place to safely and effectively begin the cleanup and mold remediation process.
Some of the things that we may do when coming to your home for mold removal include:
- Assess the space to pinpoint the cause of mold development, including poor ventilation or a hidden water leak.
- Containment to keep spores from moving into unaffected zones during the cleanup.
- Placement of fans, filtration units, and other equipment to help facilitate cleaning.
- EPA-registered antimicrobials and cleaning agents made for addressing mold infestations.
Note: Do not disturb or touch the mold before our Green Fleet arrives. Never attempt to dry the area yourself or spray any disinfectants or bleach on the mold. Such action can lead to disruption, only furthering the problem.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties specializes in mold damage and black mold damage repairs. Call us at (336) 677-1415, and we can send a team out as soon as possible to formulate the right plan of action for remediation and removal.
Trying to Find Commercial Water Damage Restoration Service in Advance? Think SERVPRO
Storm damage to your roof needs immediate attention. Call SERVPRO for the storm damage mitigation services needed for your home.
SERVPRO Offers 24/7 Water Damage Restoration Service to Advance Home Owners
Advance is, as of yet, an unincorporated community in Davie County, NC. It is a tightly knit community of about 1100 residents, about 75 miles from Charlotte, NC. No one knows why or who named the community Advance. According to some natives, it was named after a man named Samuel Vance Allen, a popular resident of the community and a freed slave. While some others suggest that the community was named to represent the sentiment that once a post office is added, the community would 'advance'! Irrespective of which story is true, Advance is a thriving and vibrant community.
Although the community is small, there are some interesting things to do here in Advance. Besides, you can always drive to Charlotte, which is just a few miles away. Here are some things you can do while here at Advance-
- Papa Tango Aviation Club- If you are not afraid of heights and love adventure sports, then Papa Tango is the place for you. Here, you can take a flight lesson with an FAA-certified flight instructor in a powered hang glider (Also called a "trike"). They teach you the basics of powered hang gliding and even allow you some actual ' hands-on' time during flights as well. The view from the glider is a sight to behold that is sure to stay with you for a long time.
- Yadkin Valley Wine Tours- If you like to experience wine tasting along with an informative session on winemaking, then the tour is just for you. The tour is very well-organized educational, and most importantly, fun. Whether you are a wine connoisseur or new to the whole wine tasting game, this tour is sure to leave a lasting memory.
- Tanglewood Park- Located on a 1200-acre piece of land, the park has a combination of streams, woodlands, and grassy pastures. The park has some of the cleanest and well-organized camping sites in the area. You can also take a short tour of the arboretum here. There are activities to do for both children and adults, including peddle-boating, hiking, horseback riding, and the park even has a 9-hole golf course.
Advance Residents Count on SERVPRO for Water Cleanup
Unmitigated water damage on your Advance property can spell disaster. The water can easily ruin your property and belongings and can even cause secondary damage, including mold. You need professional water removal services from SERVPRO to stop any further losses and start the remediation process. Our restoration experts have experience in dealing with water issues arising -
SERVPRO technicians work round the clock to mitigate the damage to your Advance property and keep things under control. We take various steps during water cleanup-
- Scoping the property for pockets of high humidity regions using devices such as Thermohygrometers and moisture meters
- Remove any standing water by wet vacuuming and other extraction equipment
- Decontamination using antimicrobials, if necessary
- Deodorizing with the help of thermal foggers and air scrubbing equipment
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415. We are available whenever you need us.
Why Is SERVPRO Better at Handling Mold Damage than Other Services in Advance?
Do you see or smell the mold first? Team SERVPRO has sensors to root out the cause of the mold damage on your property.
Our Cutting Edge Equipment Enables Us to Remediate Mold Damage More Effectively
When you notice residential mold, you need help from a quality service like SERVPRO. We have the tools to quickly and effectively deal with the problem, minimizing potential damage and repair expenses.
It is important to remember that not all Advance area mold damage cleanup companies are equally capable of handling your job. Some services simply do not have the right equipment to clean up and restore your home’s particular damage. This, fortunately, is not an issue for SERVPRO. Our highly-trained technicians are equipped with the following state-of-the-art remediation tools:
- Moisture sensors and meters to identify materials impacted by excess moisture
- Infrared cameras that can locate water sources behind structural elements
- Air scrubbers to remove mold spores and their byproducts from the air
- Ozone generators that kill germs, clean the air, and eliminate odors
- Air movers, dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems to circulate and dry interior air
- Foggers that treat impact materials with EPA-approved antifungals and deodorants
So, if you ever need assistance remediating mold damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Water Removal and Restoration of Furniture Manufactured in Advance
Are you plagued by water damage issues? Contact SERVPRO 24/7 365 days a year for water removal and remediation.
Advance’s Economy Has Benefited Greatly from Nearby High Point’s Furniture Industry
North Carolina is widely known as a center for the production and marketing of high-quality furniture. The state’s long and storied history in the furniture industry dates back to the 1600s, long before the United States or SERVPRO were even established. This reputation has especially defined the area around High Point, the trade’s historical hub, in which the city of Advance is located. As the industry developed and expanded, it eventually became a major regional employer and economic contributor. It also garnered international prestige.
A Long and Storied Furniture-Producing History
During its early days as an English colony in the 1600s, the province attracted numerous artisans skilled in making functional furnishings. Following the American Civil War, tradesmen and the furniture businesses they fostered began to locate just outside Advance, around High Point, for the following reasons:
- The agricultural depression of the 1890s caused displaced farmworkers to migrate to cities in search of industrial jobs
- The city was located in an area with easy access to the dense hardwood forests of central and western North Carolina
- Its location at the junction of the main state road and the railroad made it an ideal place to bring in raw materials and ship out finished products
The first furniture manufacturer to locate in the Advance area, the High Point Furniture Manufacturing Company, did so in 1889. By 1900, there were over forty furniture producers near the small community. In 1909, all this development encouraged the start of the High Point Market, currently the world’s largest home furnishings trade show. With a larger population and a bustling economy came the need for more water, and with that, more water damaging events to properties.
An Economic Powerhouse
Modern facts concerning furniture production in the Advance area are astounding. The following information showcases just how important this business has been for North Carolina:
- After WWII, nearly 60% of all furniture made in America came from within a 150-mile radius of Advance
- In the 1980s High Point became known as “The Furniture Capital of the World”
- In the early 2000s, the state had more than 600 furniture manufacturers, produced $6 billion in products per year, and employed about 70,000 people
- A 2018 Duke University study found that the High Point Market added approximately $6.7 billion to the local economy
As you can clearly see, furnishings can be quite pricey. Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 whenever you need water removal services to protect these expensive possessions.
Why is SERVPRO So Effective at Removing Water from Your Advance Residence?
As experts know, it takes the right gear to achieve the best water removal results. This is why our skilled technicians always carry with them an arsenal of high-tech equipment. These tools, among other things, include:
- Moisture sensors/meters, thermohygrometers, and infrared cameras
- High-powered wet vacs and extractors
- Air movers and dehumidifiers
- Injectidry systems
- ULV and thermal foggers
Using everything at our disposal, we are often able to resolve big problems faster. This saves you both time and money, and keeps you from having to purchase new furniture!
With that said, SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties is always here and ready to assist you with all of your water removal needs. Call us anytime at (336) 677-1415.
Do You Need Help With Water Removal In Advance?
SERVPRO works to provide Fast and Efficient Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration to your Commercial Property.
SERVPRO Provides Fast Water Removal Round The Clock
Advance is a small community in North Carolina. With a population of just 1,138, Advance is the ideal place to escape the city's hustle and bustle and enjoy a quieter pace of life. Advance is located on North Carolina Highway 801, close to the Yadkin River. No one is quite certain where it got its unusual name. Some claim residents named the town for Samuel Vance Allen, a prominent townsperson and freed slave. Others say townsfolk called it "Advance" when the post office was added because they hoped it would literally advance the town's fortunes.
Whatever the reason for its name, Advance is undoubtedly advanced enough to not want for any amenities! The town boasts several churches and schools, and even a masonic lodge. It also has two properties on the National Register of Historic Places. Fulton United Methodist Church is a historic church that is just one story tall. The church, built-in 1888, features a pointed arched window. The John Edward Belle Shutt House and Outbuildings were built in 1885 and are a fascinating example of a preserved historic home and outbuilding complex. The site includes a granary, privy, woodshed, and smokehouse.
Staying Active In Advance
Being small and semi-rural means Advance offers plenty of opportunities to get outside and stay active! If you are visiting with the family and looking for some fun and active things to do, be sure to check out:
- Tanglewood Park is a large, lush park that offers plenty of green space and a break away from the rest of the world. For a small fee of $2, you can park nearby and explore at your own pace. You will find a dog park, walking trails, horseback riding, camping, and even a children's butterfly garden. There are also events at the park throughout the year, including a festive light show.
- Jonesville Kayak and Tube rentals are fun for all the family! Ages from eight to eighty will love tubing on the nearby Yadkin River – you can even rent tandem tubes for couples or kids who need support. Friendly staff are on hand to advise at all times.
- Skateland USA of Clemmons is ideal if the weather turns and you want to get indoors. The skating rink features a sound system for that fun atmosphere, and there are arcade games and a snack bar to hand. You can even rent it for your kid's next birthday party.
SERVPRO Provides Water Removal Help When You Need It
When you need water removal, it is essential that you do not delay calling for help. Even a small spill can cause problems if left long enough. Water can:
- Stain walls, ceilings, and delicate upholstery.
- Provide a breeding ground for fungal growth.
- Cause wood furniture or floorboards to swell and warp.
- Make wallpaper peel away and even get into the insulation inside the wall.
SERVPRO is here for you round the clock. We will call you back within an hour of your first call and arrive at your home within four hours. Our teams come prepared to assess the situation with water and humidity monitoring tools and start the remediation process as soon as possible.
For fast help with water removal, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Enjoy World Class Golf and World-Class Wine In Advance
Did your home have a fire? Don't let the soot and smoke smell destroy our home. Call our trained technicians at SERVPRO to handle the clean up.
Advance Is The Ideal Place For Leisure and Fine Living
Sometimes, you need to escape the big city for a quiet country retreat. If you are in the mood for a little relaxation, Advance is the place for you.
Advance is a small, friendly, unincorporated community in North Carolina, with a population of just 1,138. The area is replete with world-class golf courses, local wineries, historical sites, and plenty of places to relax and enjoy a slow pace of life.
Get Ready For Time On The Green
One of the biggest attractions of the Advance area is its range of excellent golf courses. Relax and forget all your worries as you enjoy time outside on the course, perfecting your swing and enjoying beautiful natural surroundings. Some of the popular courses in the area include:
- Salem Glen Country Club is an eighteen-hole semi-private course, which Nicklaus designed. The course is suitable for golfers at a wide variety of skill levels and is well-kept. The peaceful countryside surroundings make for a lovely laid-back round. If you need a mid-round rest break or want to finish your game with a good meal or a few beers, the Grill At The Glen restaurant offers high-quality local food for hungry golfers.
- Tanglewoods Golf is a public golf course that features two courses – the Reynolds course and the Championship course. That means there is something for all abilities. Tanglewoods is set in the country estate of William Neal Reynolds, who gave the area to Forsyth County people for use as a public park. As well as the golf courses, there are nature walks through woodlands and beside streams. There are plenty of activities for all the family, and places to walk the dog or for the kids to play, you can bring everyone for a pleasant day out.
- Colin Creek Golf Club is a hidden gem of a course that is challenging enough for most players while still providing plenty of fun. It is a mature course set in lovely natural surroundings, and most visitors agree that it is both reasonably priced and has a pleasant, laid-back pace of play—ideal for a relaxing day of golf that will still sharpen your skills. The course is public.
- Pudding Ridge Golf Course is set on an old dairy farm. The quiet surroundings include lakes that will challenge golfers as they figure out the best route! Pudding Ridge has a tremendous warm-up area to practice before the main course and is a nicely affordable public course. There is also a clubhouse where you can grab a sandwich and a beverage to refresh you.
Relax With Fine Wine
After you have finished golfing you are sure to need some refreshment! Luckily the Advance area is rich in fine wines, with many visitors returning every year to sample the best vintages. Be sure to check out:
- RayLen Vineyards & Winery offers excellent wine in a charming rustic setting. The estate was a dairy farm for almost a century and is now a productive and well-liked vineyard and winery. Visitors are welcome to drive the property and admire the 35,000 grape vines surrounded by lush, rolling scenery. The tasting room offers the chance to try the best wines in their repertoire, guided by a knowledgeable tasting host. RayLen also offers private functions and special events such as evening music with food trucks or wine and chocolate pairing events.
- Chestnut Trail Vineyard is a family-owned business producing delicious wines from organic grapes. All wines are muscadine wine. You will feel like you are visiting with friends as you enjoy the wines from the cozy tasting room attached to the owners’ residence. Relax on the porch to enjoy your wine, or take a stroll and admire the Peruvian Paso horses they raise. Keep an eye out for their Music on the Porch events too, where you can listen to local bands while sipping your muscadine.
- Yadkin Valley Wine Tours is the ideal choice if you cannot decide which winery to visit. Yadkin Valley Wine Tours staff are very knowledgeable about the area’s wineries and design a personalized tour to suit your palate. Most tours can take in four vineyards in a day, so you can enjoy a wide range of wines (and most vineyards also offer delicious snacks to pair with them.
Enjoy A Historic Cookie Recipe
The Advance area is not just about the wine – you can also treat yourself to delicious home-made cookies. Mrs. Hanes Moravian Cookie Factory is the place to go for the freshest cookies around. Every single cookie is hand-rolled and cut to a secret recipe that has been in their family for generations. Moravian cookies are famous in areas with a rich Moravian history, like North Carolina. Moravian is one of the oldest protestant denominations in the world, originating in the fifteenth century. The cookies are part of a long tradition of creating nativity scenes and inviting friends and neighbors to view the location and partake of some festive spiced cookies.
Visitors can watch the process through the viewing windows and, of course, sample some of the wares. You can also take a tour if you book ahead.
SERVPRO Deals With Stubborn Soot After A Kitchen Fire
Whether you are a 9th generation baker with a thriving business or a hobbyist who bakes at home for fun, fire safety in the kitchen is essential. You should always:
- Supervise food and do not leave it simmering unattended.
- Make sure there are no trailing wires, towels, or other obstructions over the stovetop.
- Keep kids and pets away from the kitchen – use a door gate if necessary.
- Be careful when handling hot oil.
- Take precautions – install a smoke detector and get an appropriate fire extinguisher. Please make sure everyone in the house knows how to use it.
If you suffer a kitchen fire, getting rid of soot stains is one of the biggest challenges. Kitchen fires produce incredibly sticky soot. If you are not careful, it is all too easy to smear it across the surface and make the problem worse. That is why you should call SERVPRO at once. We train our technicians to handle soot cleanup. Our team will scrub and wipe away the soot until there are no traces left, leaving your home, “Like it never even happened.”
For help with fire damage, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415.
Who Should You Call for Emergency Home or Commercial Property Restoration in Advance?
Water, storm, fire, or commercial damage- SERVPRO can help. Our team is always available to handle your emergency restoration needs.
SERVPRO Handles All Types of Emergency Property Restoration Needs
For nearly a decade, our SERVPRO professionals have offered a fast and confident response to emergencies and disasters, threatening Advance homes and businesses. By providing a comprehensive restoration and recovery solution from the mitigation phases through build back and cleaning, we are a one-stop-shop to return your home to preloss conditions after a disaster. Family owned and operated means that we are a local team of professionals who can see you as neighbors instead of other customers. When water, fire, mold, and storm losses affect your Davie & Yadkin county properties, our emergency response team can help.
Water Damage Restoration Services
Many potential threats exist with water damage in Advance homes and businesses. When we begin with mitigation and restoration solutions for these present problems, we must be continually monitoring the progress with sophisticated tools in our inventory. We have advanced inspection, monitoring, and documentation approaches to ensure that our technicians are always on the same page with the property needs through extraction, drying, and other restorative actions. Cataloging the data in our exclusive SERVPRO DryBook software lets the latest information and progress reports be accessible to all responding personnel.
What Tools Are Necessary for Drying?
Drying is a crucial element to restoring your Advance home after the water loss incident of any severity. Because water loss is such a typical call out for our restoration team, it is one of the areas where our professionals are the most prepared. We have a broad inventory of recovery tools designed exclusively to promote efficient drying solutions after water loss incidents of varying severities. While there are dozens of potential pieces of equipment that could get used in these scenarios, some of the more common options chosen include:
- Air Movers
- Portable Heaters
- Positive Pressure Systems
Does SERVPRO Perform Build Back?
With a team of in-house contractors (Residential Contractor License #: NC 26671) available to roll out with our restoration technicians, we can provide a comprehensive solution to build back and repair your Advance home following this disaster. We have the experienced contractors to help from controlled demolition in the earlier stages of mitigation to the reinstallation of discarded materials.
Fire Damage Restoration Services
Fire losses can be one of the most challenging threats to your Advance home or business. Our professionals must move quickly for these loss events to restore your property as much as possible in the earliest stages. We have emergency services that we provide when our technicians arrive at your damaged address. Multiple actions, including controlled demolition and debris removal, prepare your home for the mitigation stages to come while reducing the spread and severity of the loss.
What Happens to Fire-Damaged Personal Belongings?
Content management is one of the foundational elements of successful fire damage mitigation of your Advance home. Your personal belongings provide the essential elements that make a structure into a home. When we first arrive, assessing your belongings is one of the initial steps and determining what your possessions need for a thorough restoration. Our response for contents is a case by case basis, beginning with the job scoping phase where damaged gets cataloged.
Can Contractors Repair and Rebuild a Damaged Structure?
Our contractors focus on your Advance home's worst fire damaged areas when we first arrive through controlled demolition and other mitigation tasks. Once mitigation completes, repairs and reconstruction must begin seamlessly after that. Our contractors can work to start remodeling and build back as soon as clearing the house for this.
Storm Damage Restoration Services
Here in North Carolina, we can anticipate severe weather systems that can impact areas and cities like Advance. We have dealt with multiple hurricane events over the past several years, and each time that these violent storms reach our communities, they can leave substantial damage in their wake. Because of the devastation that these storm systems can cause, we have committed to a fast response during emergencies to ensure that we protect your home or business as if it were our own.
What Must Happen Right Away to Protect My Home?
The immediate actions that we can take are part of the storm damage emergency services your Advance home needs. These specific tasks can help to prevent situations like flooding from getting worse and prevent the spread of contamination and natural flooding events:
- Utility Repairs
- Board-up Services
How Do Flood Effects Get Removed?
Extraction and drying must be focal points when flooding in Advance homes begins. Through structural breaches and natural flooding situations, standing water can be a substantial concern in your home. We utilize extraction tools like wet vacuums and trash pumps and drying tools to gain control of saturation and damp conditions.
Water and fire losses can be devastating forces that prevent you from providing the service level to your customers that you would prefer. Our SERVPRO team responds quickly to each of these emergencies to begin job scoping and evaluation to determine the best possible ways to keep your doors open despite the restoration work the property requires.
What is a Large Loss Provider?
As a large loss team, we can help even our most substantially sized Advance businesses through destructive disasters that could impact the property. Large loss teams like ours combine our roster and experiences with other sister franchises in our region. The result is an assurance that there is no emergency too great for our team to manage. Between the franchises, we share:
What Gets Cleaned When There is No Disaster?
You might find that there are reasons to clean and restore your business when no disaster occurs. With the recent fixation on clean and sanitary workspaces for your staff and your customers, our professionals responded with a new program dubbed Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. While we still offer the traditional cleaning approaches that your Advance business might need, such as carpet cleaning and vandalism removal, we also provide this defensive cleaning program targeting viral pathogens and other bacteria.
Whatever your home or business needs after a disaster, you can count on our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team to help by calling (336) 677-1415.
Do Professionals In Advance Use Different Restoration Tools Than I Do?
Water damages vary from one home to the next, making the steps necessary to restore your property unique.
When you hire our SERVPRO team to restore water losses in your Advance home, we arrive with the full measure of our premier equipment!
Much like any trade, the right tools can make restoration and recovery more efficient and cost-effective for your Advance home. Knowing what your property needs are the first step in choosing the right tools and devices to restore it to its preloss condition. Our professionals have an extensive array of available equipment to suit a spectrum of severity ranging from small water loss incidents that impact a single room of your home to widespread conditions that can potentially destroy an entire property.
Restoring water damage in Advance homes requires a fast and deliberate response after recognizing a problem. When our technicians first arrive at your damaged address, we have a finite amount of time to overcome specific obstacles such as standing water, saturation, and compromising conditions for the contents of your home. Ultimately, the water restoration process can get broken down into three main branches:
What Tools Are Best for Extraction?
The removal of standing and surface water is one of the vital elements of restoring your home when our professionals arrive. Extraction is not a one size fits all solution for the property, however. Various tools and pieces of equipment are necessary to eliminate surface threats efficiently depending on the severity of the damage, the depth of standing water, and the areas where this water has migrated. With pre-stocked trailers build with water removal equipment and other water restoration tools, we can arrive at your damaged address with nearly all of our extraction tools with our team. These include:
• Submersible Pumps – Between electric and gas-powered models, submersible pumps are among the fundamental tools used in removing standing water from areas of your home. These units are useful for standing water deeper than two inches.
• Truck-Mount Pumps – For water losses spread throughout a large area of your property and featuring several inches or even feet of standing water, our most powerful extractor might be necessary. This pump runs off an engine of a truck in our Green Fleet and removes water at 300 psi.
• Wet Vacuums – For smaller amounts of surface water still too considerable for mops and toweling, vacuums can help to get the situation under control.
• Carpet Wands – Carpet wands are attachments ideal for removing trapped water in carpet fibers. These work with extractors that we already use, including wet vacuums.
What Advanced Tools Get Used for Drying Water Damage?
The drying process is one of the lengthiest portions of restoration. Each exposed area of your house must get focused drying attention to prevent lingering moisture concerns that could facilitate mold growth and structural deterioration. To accomplish this thorough drying, we can utilize many advanced tools and technologies to evaporate water and trapped moisture in materials. While there are dozens of tools and units that can get used from one damaged home to another, there are a few primary drying machines that help to eliminate the water quickly from exposed materials, contents, and environments. These include:
• Centrifugal Air Movers – Air movers focus blasts of heated air at specific points. Axial models can address more significant open areas, but these units get positioned to target individual sections of damp materials.
• Positive Pressure Systems – Wall systems feature structural cavities that can be ideal locations for pooling water and trapped moisture. Positive pressure systems utilize several discreet holes to infuse these structural cavities with dry, heated air to promote evaporation.
• Desiccant Dehumidifiers – Dehumidifiers are tools that are vital centerpieces for moisture content reduction and humidity management. Desiccants can remove not only excess moisture in the environment, but also exhausts dry air back into the damaged area to increase evaporation.
How Challenging is Cleaning After a Loss?
Water removal and drying might seem like the focal points of water restoration, but cleaning is one of the vital points as well. Depending on the severity of the water loss, this phase can be challenging. Ultimately, residues and debris can be the most substantial obstacles throughout the property. Cleaning up after a loss involves many direct approaches, including:
• Carpet Cleaning
• Surface Wipe Cleaning
• Debris Removal
• Pre and Post Construction Cleaning
• Wood Flooring Restoration
Water damages vary from one home to the next, making the steps necessary to restore your property unique. No matter what your property needs, you can count on the experienced technicians and cutting-edge equipment of our SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties team to make it “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (336) 677-1415.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Advance, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties today at (336) 677-1415 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Why is There Mold Damage in My Basement?
Mold is nothing to hesitate on, call SERVPRO today.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Remove Mold Damage From Advance Homes Fast
While all buildings have some amount of mold in them, water damage on organic materials can easily create an environment that allows these microbes to thrive. Professional mitigation not only contains mold spores, but it can also improve the indoor air quality in your space in Advance. Proper remediation is especially crucial for basements, which are highly vulnerable to both water damage and mold growth.
If mold damage is discovered in your Advance property’s basement, SERVPRO technicians can remediate the microbes and return your home to a preloss condition. Your local SERVPRO is also licensed to provide residential contracting services (license #NC 26671) to rebuild portions of your home after a disaster.
Trained and Certified to Do the Job Right
SERVPRO techs, staff, and franchise owners alike all undergo education in a variety of disaster mitigation specialties, including:
- Fire and water damage mitigation
- Mold remediation
- Cleaning carpet and upholstery
This education, on top of stringent crew training measures, ensures that SERVPRO teams are well-equipped to advise on disaster situations and render cleanup services per Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for the restoration industry.
SERVPRO’s Mold Remediation Measures
Removing mold means more than just cleaning up spores found on surfaces with antimicrobial solutions. Containment measures and personal protection equipment (PPE) are a must for keeping homes safe during the cleanup process. HVAC intakes, doorways, and other areas where mold can spread through the home may be sealed off to keep spores contained.
PPE that technicians may use during mold remediation varies. Respirators with N95 filters are preferred for small-scale contamination, while Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs) are commonly used for more extensive mold proliferation.
SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties preserves homes with service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (336) 677-1415 for rapid-response mitigation.
To find out more about Advance, click here.
Do I Need To Call In For Professionals To Conduct Water Cleanup In My House?
Homeowners have to deal with many things which may include water damage. Contact SERVPRO right away.
A Professional Company Like SERVPRO Can Help You Prevent Secondary Problems In Your Advance Home
Removing water after it leaks into your house can prove to be a more significant task than imagined. Sometimes, moisture can hide and not be visible to the naked eye. If your building materials and contents stay wet for too long secondary problems like a rise in humidity levels or mold growth could occur.
What Can SERVPRO Do That I Cannot Do Myself?
When conducting water cleanup at your Advance residence, we can use the following specialized instruments to find where moisture went and figure out how wet your affected items got:
Moisture Sensors: We can use these sensors to see what sections of your carpet got wet.
Penetrating and Non-Penetrating Moisture Meters: We can use moisture meters to test for moisture content in your wooden studs or drywall. We can also check unaffected items so that we know how wet your building materials got.
Thermal Imaging: We can use infrared cameras that can help us find moisture by telling us temperature changes on surfaces inside your house.
Why Should I Choose SERVPRO Instead Of Another Company?
Highly Trained Team- Our crew is certified by the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification or IICRC program, and we have several years of combined experience in the industry.
Fast 24/7 service: We are located nearby, and We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Advanced Technology: We are continually researching new technologies in the ever-changing industry to ensure that we are implementing the best and most up to date tools and techniques available.
What Steps Will You Take To Ensure All Problems Get Mitigated?
Before we complete any project, we go through a final inspection before we conduct our final cleaning process. During the inspection, we can look throughout your home and make sure all of the moisture-related issues are mitigated before the ultimate clean.
If you ever need help after suffering from a water leak in your house in Mocksville or Jonesville, call SERVPRO of Davie & Yadkin Counties at (336) 677-1415 immediately.
See more about Advance
SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties assists local veteran with mold issue
Mold remediation in Elkin North Carolina for disabled veteran
During the month of November SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties had the pleasure of assisting Purple Heart Homes and the Gary Sinise Foundation with the remediation of a substantial mold problem at the residence of disabled former USAF mechanic Mr Robert Billings. SERVPRO of Davie and Yadkin Counties was contacted by Purple Heart Homes to begin the remediation and restoration of Mr Billings residence. The efforts of multiple contractors were coordinated through the actions of both of these veteran assistance programs to bring Mr Billings home a complete restoration to better fit his and his families needs. Please visit the link for Mr Billings for a description of his valuable service to our armed forces. Please visit the links provided for Purple Heart Homes and the Gary Sinise Foundation if your are a veteran or you know of one in need of assistance.